Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2013, 20:21   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pumps Issuing PUC Certificates for Diesel Cars.

^^^ Update: Nagpals BP on residency road does not have diesel testing facility. I got the PUC for diesel done at the Club HP on Kasturba road (Subway outlet, next to Prestige Obelisk etc). Have heard it is also done at the Pump opposite this pump (Indianoil with MC Donalds).

Took almost 25 minutes to get it done. The guy was a young chap who was doing it for the first time. Failed at the first series of readings. Got it right in the second try. No idea why the process is so elaborate for Diesel cars. Anyway, no worries for six months at least.

Last edited by hrman : 3rd May 2013 at 20:24.
Old 24th June 2013, 11:34   #62
Senior - BHPian

I got PUC done for Tata Safari (Diesel) done at IOC petrol pump opposit to Regional Passport Office , 80 feet road Koramangala.

This time the chap at kiosk took my previous PUC certificate and entered the pipe in the exhaust and did not ask me to open bonnet for attaching the temperature probes and also did not ask me to press accelarator,
this made me suspicious. Later I noticed that reading in the certificate is exactly same as previous PUC certificate.

When I questioned him again I found this is standard practice and they are issuing PUC with out any actual testing .

This was first time in last 4.5 years that I got a PUC with out any actual testing. I am always interested in knowing the real status of my engine and this came as a shock.

Is there some number / website where I can complain against the fake testing and certificate ?
Old 11th November 2013, 15:49   #63
Senior - BHPian

The following locations do Diesel PUC testing as well:
1. IOC outside Manyata tech park, Nagawara
2. HP at the turning of Trident Hyundai on Bellary road, near Cauvery theater
Old 22nd September 2014, 22:08   #64
BHPian

Does anyone know where i can get the emission certificate in Pondicherry?

Even T Nagar or ECR chennai works for me as i am headed there in a couple of days .
Old 22nd September 2014, 22:12   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedriver View Post
Does anyone know where i can get the emission certificate in Pondicherry?

Even T Nagar or ECR chennai works for me as i am headed there in a couple of days .
There's one at the AASI office on Anna Salai. Not far from T.Nagar.
nitrous is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 10:00   #66
BHPian

I am planning an interstate trip in my Cruze, sincerely do want to comply with PUC needs and the same time want to avoid

- trap of "milking money from outsider" mentality of traffic cops
- screw up pleasure of family trip

Any help on the authorised diesel PUC centers in Pune is much appreciated
Old 23rd September 2014, 11:54   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanstorm View Post
Any help on the authorised diesel PUC centers in Pune is much appreciated
Dont know if this is an updated list or not, but you can try to find if any of these are genuine.

http://www.indiacom.com/yellow-pages...--center/pune/
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 11:59   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
This time the chap at kiosk took my previous PUC certificate and entered the pipe in the exhaust and did not ask me to open bonnet for attaching the temperature probes and also did not ask me to press accelarator, this made me suspicious. Later I noticed that reading in the certificate is exactly same as previous PUC certificate.
At least the chap entered the pipe in the exhaust. Last month I took my car to pump in Gurgaon. This guy gave me the PUC without even touching my car. Took my Registration certificate for details and provided me the PUC. Later I heard that this is common practice in Gurgaon.
I will never get the PUC done in Gurgaon again.
Old 23rd September 2014, 12:57   #69
Senior - BHPian

I got my PUC certificate done today, at the IOC bunk near Manyata Tech Park. The guy entered my vehicle details, and then confirmed my details as they were already available with him, though this is the first time I am getting it done there. Connected the machine to the battery, started the car, revved the engine few times, and then took a print out and gave me the certificate. No nonsense and honest testing.

I still wonder, why cannot this be a yearly one like insurance is and made mandatory for every 6 months and the only thing that comes to my mind is, money making opportunity for the government, why would they let go of it.
Old 12th March 2016, 17:24   #70
BHPian

Any pointers for fuel pumps in Thane that perform PUC checks for diesel cars?
I had a strikeout (failing at three of the fuel pumps near Kapurbawdi). I have until 16th before my car turns 6 months old.
Never knew getting a PUC done could be an issue when I went the diesel way.
Old 31st March 2016, 17:57   #71
BHPian

Hey friends I have come to Bangalore and my cars PUC certificate has expired. Any proper place to get the PUC in Bangalore. I am living in basvanagudi and I have some pending work at JC road, malleswaram so I'll be passing through these places.
Old 31st March 2016, 18:58   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This time the chap at kiosk took my previous PUC certificate and entered the pipe in the exhaust and did not ask me to open bonnet for attaching the temperature probes and also did not ask me to press accelarator,
this made me suspicious. Later I noticed that reading in the certificate is exactly same as previous PUC certificate.

When I questioned him again I found this is standard practice and they are issuing PUC with out any actual testing .
Sorry, I know you had posted this a while back, but only just noticed your post. I've been doing a PUC test for my diesel car, and have never had any temperature probes attached in the bonnet. Could you please elaborate on this? What does the temperature probe have to do with the level of emissions in the tailpipe?

In all these years of testing, they only insert a probe into the exhaust pipe, nothing else, and the readings are displayed on their machine. So, I do not think there is any hanky panky in the current practice.
Old 31st March 2016, 19:16   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Sorry, I know you had posted this a while back, but only just noticed your post. I've been doing a PUC test for my diesel car, and have never had any temperature probes attached in the bonnet. Could you please elaborate on this? What does the temperature probe have to do with the level of emissions in the tailpipe?

In all these years of testing, they only insert a probe into the exhaust pipe, nothing else, and the readings are displayed on their machine. So, I do not think there is any hanky panky in the current practice.
I am afraid in that case he is not testing properly see the procedure description below and change the PUC test centre. If no one in your city is doing test properly then it is a bigger problem.

Till date every time I have got PUC done they attach a temperature probe in engine bay to measure oil temperature. And another probe is attached to measure the RPM of engine . The probe in tail pipe is to measure light absorption coefficient and Hartridge Smoke Density

Read it here

https://www.araiindia.com/CMVR_TAP_D...02/Part-02.pdf

Quoting relevent clauses from the procedure given in document above

3.2.1.4 The temperature probe for the measurement of oil temperature shall be inserted in place of oil dipstick.
3.2.1.5 The engine speed measurement sensor shall be appropriately installed on to the engine of the vehicle

If Suppose your oil temperature is low or RPM is out of the band then a perfectly normal car can be diagnosed as polluting.

Also see the discussion on this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-throttle.html
amitk26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2016, 00:47   #74
Senior - BHPian

Very interesting Amit. Thank you for sharing this information. I had no knowledge of this in spite of owning a diesel car for almost 6 years now. Never seen this procedure being followed even though I've tried multiple places. Wonder if any centre in Bombay offers such testing facilities. Will look around.
Lalvaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2016, 08:09   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephiroth View Post
Any pointers for fuel pumps in Thane that perform PUC checks for diesel cars?
The BPCl petrol pump at Majiwada/Kapurbawdi area does the PUC for the diesel cars. I get my Punto's PUC from there it self. Other than that you will find mobile PUC testing vehicles on the Easter Express highway near Dyansadhana college and on Ghodbunder Road near Ambrosia hotel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
In all these years of testing, they only insert a probe into the exhaust pipe, nothing else, and the readings are displayed on their machine.
Quote:
Till date every time I have got PUC done they attach a temperature probe in engine bay to measure oil temperature. And another probe is attached to measure the RPM of engine . The probe in tail pipe is to measure light absorption coefficient and Hartridge Smoke Density
AFAIK, they attach a probe in the tail pipe to check the emission and cables to the battery terminals to power the PUC testing unit (I fail to understand the need for this when the PUC unit can be charged by a separate source). Never has a temperature probe and rpm sensor inserted in my Punto during the PUC checks. Where is the rpm sensor installed to check the speed? Or is it the case that the probe installed in the tail pipe serves all 3 purposes?

I always cross check the readings of the old and new before discarding the old PUC and every time its different.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks