Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2008, 15:27   #1
BHPian

Feedback on Independence Motors, Bangalore - good paint and body works shop

I would like to share some good experience with a private workshop in Bangalore.

My dad's ALTO Lxi - 2003 BLACK, had undergone quite a few rough moments and 5 years of stress, thanks to Bangalore traffic with damage on both the rear doors. During the previous paid service at Mandovi Motors, Bannerghatta Road he asked for an estimate to get this repaired. Not for any surprise, the total estimate was around 10K for repairing only the doors and repaint. He was waiting for the Insurance to be renewed this month afterwhich he can claim for 1 of the doors (heard this is what insurance pays for).

One of my cousin referred Independence Motors, 100ft Ring Road, closeby to Kanakapura Signal (given directions to reach at the end of this post). He had also given me enough indications that i cannot expect a very slick kind of shop, its a moderately spaced place with 4 service bays with fork lift, paint booth and car washing setup. I met Mr Indiresh (contact no.s given at the end of this post) the person who owns this workshop. His initial estimate was 4K with not only the doors to be repaired but also some minor etches on the bonnet to be removed.

We left the car on Wednesday morning and picked it up on Saturday. I would like to say he had done a wonderful job (the car looks showroom condition now). The following was work done -
- Door damage completely removed and repaint done with exact finish of the current body color
- Front bonnet etches removed and repaint done.
- Complete Rubbing and Polish for the entire car (minor scratches all across the car removed)
- Washing and Vaccum for the car

The total bill all inclusive of the above was Rs. 4.5K with Invoice/Cash bill provided. Yeah, they also accept cards, though i was carrying enough cash to pay. This was a straight 6-8K savings if the same work was done at an Maruti Authorised workshop.

So in case someone is looking for a good paint body and paint works shop (regardless of car make, i saw few hyundai's and also Tata's there) and do not really want to go through an authorised service center (to get ripped off ) go to Independence Motors.

Complete Address - #317, 100 Ft Ring Road, 6th Phase, J P Nagar, Bangalore - 560078

Directions - If travelling from Bannerghatta Road, take a left on the 100ft ring road, cross Delmia Traffic Signal, proceed straight, cross the 24th Main JP Nagar signal, continue straight and cross the Kanakapura Road signal and continue straight. Proceed 100 Mtrs and on the left you will find Independence Motors. Meet Indiresh only.

Contact NO.s - 080- 266 3355, 99452 96066, 99452 95055

Now its time for some ICE work for the car, will do some research on the forum for a good decent setup. Please PM me if you can suggest anything decent within a range of 15-20K, the existing audio setup is ready to go to BBMP dustbins

Thanks
(will try and post some photographs of the car whenever time permits)
Old 25th March 2008, 12:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear that, the work was done to your satisfaction.
Let me just checkout the garage , it seems very close to the area where I stay.(Address seems to be bit confusing - Travelling from bannerghatta road ... Where do i take left ?? is it right turn after Mandovi motors?? ) is this place nearby Familymart by anychance ?

Another place good for body painting etc is Sai Coloria, Sarakki main rd, 4th cross right(if u r coming from jaynagar sangam circle).
It's a very big place
Regarding your ICE setup.
Front You can put JBL Coaxial speakers ( around 2K) It exactly fits your dashboard speaker panels.
Back - JBL GTO 937 ( around 4K)
4 channel amp - JBL ( Or any other brand) - 6-8K approx
1 Sub .. Either JBL / Pioneer - 5K
Wiring + installation - 2K
This exactly fits your budget.

Last edited by sushrutha : 25th March 2008 at 12:46.
Old 25th March 2008, 19:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thats good experience, I do agree its worth visiting good garage rather than authorized shops who don't have time always.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 25th March 2008, 19:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

Car Baliga, I am in BTM layout, got my Alto recently ICE'd with the following.

Pioneer DEH-3050UB HU
Front JBL GTO427 10cm
Rear JBL GTO937 6*9 (On Rear Door)
Sony Amp - XM-ZR602 2 Channel Amp
Scoshe Wiring, Sound Damping by Anwar-Auto fusion, Kormangla, Bangalore

Spent 13,600 for Audio (can get it for 13.0 now, and 2.5 for Wiring, if u want to check out my car PM me, I will give u the #)
Old 25th March 2008, 19:26   #5
Team-BHP Support

Can you post some pics of the car also? Before and After would be great, but atleast if the after pics are posted it would help others.
Old 25th March 2008, 20:02   #6
BHPian

@sushrutha - For the directions i was coming from IIM side of the Bannerghatta Road and took a left at the Mandovi motors signal, if you are coming from Shopperstop then its the right.

Thanks for the tips on the setup... will definitely check these out.... any recommendation on the ICE vendor, i know there are multiple threads and the most preferred is Anwar@ Autofusion

Thanks
Old 26th March 2008, 11:08   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbaliga View Post
@sushrutha - For the directions i was coming from IIM side of the Bannerghatta Road and took a left at the Mandovi motors signal, if you are coming from Shopperstop then its the right.

Thanks for the tips on the setup... will definitely check these out....
Thanks
Thanks .. now the confusion is cleared .
Old 26th March 2008, 11:37   #8
Senior - BHPian

Can I claim insurance through these guys? I would like to claim as I intend to change my insurance provider.
Old 21st April 2008, 16:24   #9
BHPian

@Patiencewins - Sorry for the delayed response, you can claim insurance also @ Independence motors. Saw an insurance surveyor there last week.

Most Viewed