Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2009, 21:14   #31
BHPian

A new vehicle takes anywhere between 6-8 months after launch to be introduced to CSD.
Old 18th November 2009, 20:45   #32
Senior - BHPian

Not always though. A new car can be available within month or so as it happened with Fiat Linea. It came within 2 months (approx). So i would suggest to get in touch with CSD dealer and see if Manza is there or not.
Old 2nd December 2009, 23:04   #33
BHPian

Guys can anyone tell me if the option to get a Car thru CSD is there only for Commisionsed Officers in service/retired?

My Dad was a Chief Petty Officer (Non-Commissioned Officer). Iam planning to get a car thru my moms widow card. Is it allowed for all exservicemen? Any limits or criteria?
Old 4th December 2009, 22:01   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
Guys can anyone tell me if the option to get a Car thru CSD is there only for Commisionsed Officers in service/retired?

My Dad was a Chief Petty Officer (Non-Commissioned Officer). Iam planning to get a car thru my moms widow card. Is it allowed for all exservicemen? Any limits or criteria?
Sam it is allowed for PBOR ( Personnel below officer rank) to get a car through Csd but there is some catch to it like a particular segment or something am not sure on this but if you let me know which car you plan too buy i will check with an agent in delhi and let you know if its Allowed or not.
Old 5th December 2009, 21:09   #35
BHPian

I found this news item Now, jawans can buy cars from CSD – Sulekha News

Best thing will be to contact some ex-servicemen organisation in your area and check with them. They will know all current regulations.
Old 5th December 2009, 22:16   #36
BHPian

@ Sam,

Here are all the details :

A)
FOUR WHEELERS (CARS): OFFICERS

1. Eligibility:

a)All Commissioned / Honorary Commissioned Officers (serving / retired).

b)Widows of Service Officers.

c)Equivalent status of Civilian Officers / Officers of CSD. However, they will have to pay sales tax / Value Added Tax as applicable in the respective State.

d)All GREF Officers (serving / retired).

e)All SSC and EC Officers who have put in five years of reckonable service before release.

f)One of the parents i-e. either the father or the mother of unmarried deceased officers.

g)Either of the officers child, if both the parents have died and the child is drawing pension from Defence Estimates.

2. Other conditions:

a)Applicant must not have purchased a four wheeler (Car) within the last two years on the day of submission of the application. In addition, the applicant will have to give an undertaking that he/she will not sell the vehicle within next two years.

b)As per finance bill of 1998-99, quoting of PAN/GIR No is mandatory at the time of purchase of Car.

B) FOUR WHEELERS (CARS): PBOR

1. Eligibility:

All Personnel Below Officer rank (serving & retired), of the three services having minimum of 15 years colour service and having been released honorably are entitled to purchase a four wheeler upto 1300cc capacity.

2. Procedure and Conditions:

a)JCOs/equivalent can purchase the second car after five years of the initial purchase and all other entitled soldiers/Sailors/Airmen after seven years. Sale of car is not allowed before completion of two years from the date of purchase.

b) The following documents shall be submitted alongwith the application:

I)Serving PBOR:

i) A certified copy of Driving licence issued by the civil authorities.

ii)A certificate from PBOR countersigned by the CO/OC troops that the individual has not purchased a car in the last five / seven years, as applicable, and that he will not sell the car before two years and that he is liable to pay the entire excise/sales tax concession in case of any violation.

iii)A certified copy of the pay book wherein the entry with regard to purchase of car by the PBOR is made.

iv)Following Certificate from the Commanding Officer / OC Troops that financial position of the applicant allows him to purchase a car:-

CERTIFICATE
Certified that No. __________________ Rank _________ Name is eligible to purchase a car and that his financial position allows him to purchase a car.

Commanding Officer/OC Troops

II) Retired PBOR :

The retired PBOR shall submit an affidavit of Rs. 5/- on Non Judicial Stamp Paper covering the following:-

i) I have not purchased a car in the last 5/7 years as applicable.

ii) I shall not sell the car for the next two years.

iii) I understand that any Violation of the above will make me liable to pay back the entire excise / sales tax concessions to the Govt.

iv) The vehicle is for my personal use.

v) The vehicle purchased from the CSD will be registered on self name.

d) Entry with regards to purchase of car by retd PBOR will be made on the original PPO at the depot.

e) Misuse:

In case an individual is found to have violated any of the above conditions, that is, purchase of second car before five/seven years (as applicable) or sale of car before two years from the date of purchase, he will be liable to pay the full excise duty/sales tax as applicable.

Last edited by rishab.k : 5th December 2009 at 22:23.
Old 6th December 2009, 00:01   #37
BHPian

Thanks a ton. I have not finalized the model. In fact just selected a lot - a wild range in fact!

1) Alto, i10 Kappa (Just thinking of taking a car for just moms/wife use)

2) Swift Petrol/Diesel, Dzire Petrol, i20 Petrol, Ikon TDCi (why not take a bigger family car which only i might drive!)

So I guess not Ikon TDCi is out of the equation since its above 1300c.

Iam from Cochin.
Old 8th December 2009, 09:11   #38
BHPian

sam, this link has the authority letter; might help you Purchase Of Car by PBOR
Old 13th December 2009, 15:22   #39

Hi everyone. Is there any price limit on purchase(cost of the vehicle) depending on the rank of the person?

Thanx
Old 16th February 2010, 09:44   #40
BHPian

Who is the dealer for Honda via CSD.How can I get price of Honda city in Bangalore and ChennaI.DAKSHIN seems to have closed dealing with CSD
Old 16th February 2010, 09:46   #41
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

just check www.csdindia.gov.in and check against AFD (against firm demand) items for the prices. Most items seem to be listed there with their special CSD price
Old 17th February 2010, 10:06   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
just check www.csdindia.gov.in and check against AFD (against firm demand) items for the prices. Most items seem to be listed there with their special CSD price
Thanks for the info.If I buy from chennai is it safe for the engine to drive to Bangalore
Old 17th February 2010, 10:55   #43
BANNED

Not sure why you want to buy it in Chennai since if you live in Bangalore you will anyway have to register it here and pay lifetime tax etc here.

Any car can be driven anywhere as far as its engine is concerned, but it is illegal to drive around without proper registration, RC Book, Insurance papers and number plates. You cant be driving between cities using a FOR REGISTRATION board.

Only when the vehicle gets registered will you get an RC Book and the proper Insurance documentation - until it is registered all you get is a cover note from the Insurance company.

Dont do anything which can be considered by the authorities to be "outside the law" or "on the fringe of the law" - it is not worth it and it is certainly not endorsed by the TBHP rules/ bye-laws.

Plus, it is not clear if you are a serving/retired officer or a family member.

Check on the eligibility norms before you buy, because this privilege is normally reserved only for serving/retired members of the Armed Forces and even then, they cannot buy a new car every year - the allowed frequency is about once every 5 years as far as I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manziee_crusier View Post
Thanks for the info.If I buy from chennai is it safe for the engine to drive to Bangalore
Old 17th February 2010, 13:14   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

Not sure why you want to buy it in Chennai since if you live in Bangalore you will anyway have to register it here and pay lifetime tax etc here.
Shankar,

Chennai CSD is one of the cheapest to buy cars, that's probably the reason why he wants to buy it from there.

He can drive on a temporary registration & get the permanent registration done in Bangalore.
Old 17th February 2010, 13:35   #45
BANNED

I understand, but for registration in Bangalore RTO he will still have to go through the Road Tax and Insurance part - Road Tax (LTT) in Bangalore is amongst the most expensive in the country.

If he is driving the vehicle between Chennai and Bangalore on Temp Regn, better to make sure if the Insurance cover note actually covers the vehicle at the time of transit, while it is being driven on the highway. (Im not sure, that is why Im raising this point.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishab.k View Post
Shankar,

Chennai CSD is one of the cheapest to buy cars, that's probably the reason why he wants to buy it from there.

He can drive on a temporary registration & get the permanent registration done in Bangalore.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks