Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2008, 15:52   #1
BHPian

Ripoff Service - Maruti Service Masters, Okhla

Folks, I took my swift VXI for a 5th service at a maruti authorised service station, submitted the car in the morning and was asked to collect at about 4pm. At 4 I was there all excited to collect my ride however found the guy who made my job card fumble as if he forgot about getting my car serviced. He finally said the cars due for a wash and alls done. I waited for an hour and ventured out to find my car. I was told the car has been washed but it seemed like a couple of drops of water had been poured, the tires were all dry and dusty and the rear number plate had dirt on form the previous day. I opened the lid and it was all dirty (I was expecting it to be well greased). Inside the cabin, the dashboard was full of dust. I showed it to the guy and he got a chap with some spray to clean it. He half heartedly did some cleaning for a couple of minutes. I was furious and inleashed my anger resulting in a couple of guys working on the car but again half heartedly. The inhood was sprayed with some polish but no greasing. The coolent was not filled. Very bad experience. I checked the engine oil, not a 100% convinced it was changed. See my fear is I got ripped of Rs3900 for the service but I am not sure if the service was actually done on my car. Guys I seriously want to complaint and escalate this to someone at Maruti. Anyone knows how do I escalate! Any similar experiences! HELP!
Old 18th April 2008, 16:39   #2
BHPian

yes dude, i have been through similar experience regarding my 800, even am looking for a way to escalate these matters.

My experiences have been worse, after every service, my car has always had a fault and had to be taken back for complaints and moreover after the last service, i discovered that the coolant used was of a cheap variety and that it hadnt been filled properly.

Please if anybody has anyway of escalating such issues please do inform us.
Old 18th April 2008, 16:51   #3
Team-BHP Support

This is the much vaunted Maruti service? And by the way, 3900 for the 5th service sounds way too costly. Compared to this my Indica's 5th service at Tata costed me 2300 or something (do not remember the exact figure now) and that included the regular oil, filter changes and also the change in some power steering parts which cost some 700-800 bucks.

I think you need to call up Maruti and complain. So which was this MASS?
Old 18th April 2008, 16:53   #4
BHPian

many company authorised service centers are pretty much like what you guys describe. my friend told me that his M800 had quite a few parts removed and replaced with older ones at a big maruti service station in bangalore. if you are done with free services, then it's usually best to get hold of a good and reputed mechanic who isn't company authorised. ask around with some of the knowledgeable bros right here if they know of any good mechanics (authorised or not) in your area.
Old 18th April 2008, 16:58   #5
BHPian

mine was APRA gurgaon
Old 18th April 2008, 17:50   #6
Senior - BHPian

I can recommend kumar auto in okhla. Very very nice personalised service. plus my mom's m800 was treated like family - and they used to do pickup/drop nicely as well as breakdown service albeit informally.

very much peace of mind.
Old 18th April 2008, 18:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

I have also had a few problems with ABT here in chennai.
Speak to the works manager & tell him your problem & make it very clear that if this is not taken care, you will be writing to maruti. Usually this does the trick. If it is still not done. then write to Maruti & you can be sure that this dealer will call you within 10 days.
Old 18th April 2008, 18:17   #8
Team-BHP Support

Please mention the exact service center name. With that this thread is meaningless.
Old 18th April 2008, 21:41   #9
BHPian

It was Maruti Service Masters, Okhla, New Delhi. I usually get my car serviced at Competent, mahrauli, this time around wanted to get it done at Service masters to see what the difference would be, and to my dismay the difference was astounding
Old 18th April 2008, 22:54   #10
Senior - BHPian

Dude,complain to maruti on 1800 1800 180 and u ll see the dealer at your place in no time.It always works.
Old 18th April 2008, 23:12   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dionysus
It was Maruti Service Masters, Okhla, New Delhi.
Oh no, and to think that they are the company-owned (Maruti's own) service workshop!

I have tried their Naraina workshop (again, company-owned) but wasn't too happy with the service. I have since switched to Pasco (Peeragarhi - it's a long way from where I live, but still) because they truly serve your car (and you) well. Of course, of late, D.D. Motors have bought over Pasco and I hope the service is not going to go the way it does at Mayapuri.

Coming to your question, you must complain to the works manager. If he doesn't listen, call up Maruti helpline.
Old 19th April 2008, 11:10   #12
Senior - BHPian

Wow.... and the Fiat owners say that they have the worst A.S.S. compared to any other brand!!

I think the quality of service depends more on the service station itself rather than the brand, let alone Honda.
Old 20th April 2008, 02:01   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dionysus View Post
Folks, I took my swift VXI for a 5th service at a maruti authorised service station, submitted the car in the morning and was asked to collect at about 4pm. At 4 I was there all excited to collect my ride however found the guy who made my job card fumble as if he forgot about getting my car serviced. He finally said the cars due for a wash and alls done. I waited for an hour and ventured out to find my car. I was told the car has been washed but it seemed like a couple of drops of water had been poured, the tires were all dry and dusty and the rear number plate had dirt on form the previous day. I opened the lid and it was all dirty (I was expecting it to be well greased). Inside the cabin, the dashboard was full of dust. I showed it to the guy and he got a chap with some spray to clean it. He half heartedly did some cleaning for a couple of minutes. I was furious and inleashed my anger resulting in a couple of guys working on the car but again half heartedly. The inhood was sprayed with some polish but no greasing. The coolent was not filled. Very bad experience. I checked the engine oil, not a 100% convinced it was changed. See my fear is I got ripped of Rs3900 for the service but I am not sure if the service was actually done on my car. Guys I seriously want to complaint and escalate this to someone at Maruti. Anyone knows how do I escalate! Any similar experiences! HELP!
That about sounds like my experience at the a.s.s as well. They are a bit better than the other companies though. The guys at the metros atleast have a choice of a.s.s. Out here 2 for Maruti, 1 for hyundai with a second one just up, 1 for Honda, 1 for Ford, 1 for Toyota(heard that they are quite reliable btw), 1 for tata with another just up. Imagine our plight!
Old 20th April 2008, 02:23   #14

There is a very simple solution to this..Dont take your cars to the service center. My dad has always advised my friends and they have never bothered to take his advice and have always repented.
Old 20th April 2008, 09:45   #15
BHPian

But I want to teach these guys a lesson, if they did this to me even after my protests i am sure the naive would be suffering on a daily bases. Anyone knows any place where I can send a written complaint or email?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks