Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2008, 14:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Somebody got a complete car detailing done for around 1K for an Innova. There was a thread on this. I just have the person's contact no. but haven't yet utilized his service. From what I read from the thread they were extremely professional and did a very good job. So probably you can get that done for your car which would also involve full cleaning.

1.8K is too much for a car cleaning.
Old 28th April 2008, 15:29   #17
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
@carzy: let me again reiterate, charges are AOK except the interior cleaning part, usually that much tab comes when we include the exterior treatment for the honda here in bangalore.
The charges are a pittance to what i have been paying for my santro in HMP (Hyundais own service center). I typically pay 5k+ for service and that does not include washing (they want 400 bucks for outside wash)

major charges includes engine decarbonization (1500), engine flushing (500), service charges(750) and then rest is for spares and labor.

So i think its cheaper than what i pay to hyundai.
Old 28th April 2008, 16:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzy View Post
Labor Costs
-----------
Interior Cleaning & enrichment 1600/-
Throttle body R&I / clean /replace : 350/-
MPI system checked : 400/-
30K / 18 month service: 1000/-

Service Tax 12 % , educational cess 2% Higher Edu Cess 1% : 400/-

Spare Parts:
-----------
Eng oil : 600/-
Rest : 200/- approx
Costs look ok. Only the interior cleaning is on the higher side. Dakshin Honda in Bangalore charged me 900/- for interior shampooing and cleaning. This can be got done outside for 400~500. When I renewed my insurance with TATA-AIG, they gave a free coupon for interior cleaning .

Also be wary of Honda service men and insist on checking with you. Once they filled wiper fluid and charged me 200/-. Though the fliud was impressive, no way I would have paid that much amount.
Old 28th April 2008, 19:45   #19
BHPian

Feeling much better after all your inputs. I'm no miser but don't like the idea of being duped especially after being on this forum which makes us wiser by the day. Cheers!
Old 11th May 2008, 10:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

Got the interiors cleaned (by an outside agency) for 750/- yesterday (shampoo etc). They have done a fair job. No exterior cleaning though.
Old 4th May 2010, 09:07   #21

Hi guys, I have a Honda City ZX EXI 2006. Fabulous Machine.

I was in Arya Honda, Mumbai recently for a regular servicing, and the guys there suggested me the replacement of lower arm on the McPherson struts. And the cost estimate was Rs. 15000. This would include both the lower arms and bushes. Is it justified?

Also, there was a bit under-body damage, which caused some pressing on fuel and brake lines. Now the mechanics say that the perpetual car starting trouble I have is caused by the pressed fuel line. And I believe its a faulty starter motor. Any insight on this.

And last . Same underbody damage has caused some damage to fuel tank. A little bit of indentation. No leaks at all. The cost of new tank, they say, is Rs 11000.
Is this justified?

Can anyone from Mumbai suggest me a place for Honda parts please.

A Million thanks !!
Old 4th May 2010, 19:28   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Anupam, your car's now 4 years old. Thus, its probably time to start considering the after-market for repairs (though you can still visit the authorised for simple services).

At Opera House, you'll pretty much get any part you want. I typically shop from Shetty Motors (old and VERY reputable shop). And on the repairs, I cannot recommend an independent better than Sunil Shanbagh (at Dadar East).
Old 7th November 2011, 23:34   #23
BHPian

Re: Honda City servicing costs - Too much?

My Honda City ZX 2006 has done ~50k KM.
The key lock system of the ignition under the steering just gave way and the key would not turn!
Called up a garage and they said lock needs to be replaced, had to get it done immediately.
I was charged Rs6500 for the whole set of Locks and keys. (driver side, passenger side, ignition and 'dikki' locksand 3 keys.)
Is this price reasonable?
Old 16th January 2013, 19:54   #24

Hi,
I have recently shifted to Bangalore and am in need of a good service center for my City ZX(Sept, 2007, covered 59 k Kms). However, most of the dealer feedback was very negative so not sure if I should visit these dealerships.
It would be great if someone could recommend me a good service center near Koramangla. It could be a private garage as well, given their service is not as paltry as that of most of the dealerships in Bangalore.
Further inputs on emphasis to specific repairs or replacements are welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Old 4th September 2014, 00:40   #25
BHPian

Hello Guys,

Our Honda City ZX Gxi (2008) recently went for it's routine service (has done 30000kms all these years) at TVS Coimbatore and the rear brake wheel cylinder assembly was found leaking.
We have replaced both the rear wheel cylinder assembly as per the request by service team. Though it's a wear and tear part, does less/minimal usage of the vehicle leads to such early (30,000) replacement?
Old 4th September 2014, 00:48   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1kram View Post
Though it's a wear and tear part, does less/minimal usage of the vehicle leads to such early (30,000) replacement?
Was there any kind of rust or damage to it found after opening?

What does TVS have to say for it?

Anurag.
Old 4th September 2014, 01:48   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Was there any kind of rust or damage to it found after opening?

What does TVS have to say for it?

Anurag.
It was found leaking during routine check-up and the service guys told it's better to change since it would affect the braking ability. As per TVS service team, It does happen since it's a wear and tear part.

On mailing Honda customer care, got the below two replies.

"With regards to your communication to us we would like to inform you that brake wheel cylinders push the brake shoes against the brake drum, causing friction that slows down the car. They are located in the rear brake system, inside the brake drums. Over time, wheel cylinder seals may wear out and start leaking brake fluid, reducing the effectiveness of brakes.

Being a wear and tear part and with reference to the above context, a similar observation is found in your car wheel cylinder's. We have further advised our dealership to detail you on it."

"Reference to your trailing communication, we wish to reiterate that the wheel cylinders are wear and tear part and can fail irrespective of the mileage covered in the car. Also on account of less usage of car, such wear and tear is acceptable as a general repair to the car."
Old 1st November 2020, 18:04   #28
BHPian

Is washing charged at Honda A.S.S? Or is it supposed to be a part of the servicing? I was once charged 1250 for washing + interior cleaning of which they did a horrible job. I want to be better prepared for my next servicing coming up.
Aan nhu mare?
Old 4th January 2021, 07:56   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan nhu mare? View Post
Is washing charged at Honda A.S.S? I was once charged 1250 for washing + interior cleaning of which they did a horrible job.
Pre-COVID, Washing (only) has been charged by to the customer by most ASC (even Maruti) since I can remember.

Since COVID, Honda charges 295 for basic car sanitisation (which I presume includes washing), since the washing charge is no longer present on the bill. This is true for 2 Honda vehicles which visited the ASC in Goa last November.

The majority of the 1250 on your bill was for interior cleaning which is 1. A value added service & 2. Performed by clueless/untrained labour at the dealer.

In future, just stick to the service items mentioned in your owner’s manual, if you’re in for a plain jane service & nothing else.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks