Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2008, 22:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Statements like 'We are not responsible for valuables' make this so much more irritating. One feels like knocking their teeth in and saying it back to them....
The job card at every service center clearly says "Cars parked and driven at owners risk." What would you do about that?

Not trying to support the dealer here but I think every dealer irrespective of which company they represent would have said the same thing about not being responsible for any valuables in the car.
Old 21st May 2008, 23:19   #17
BHPian

I think that applies more to personal items. If i leave my watch in the car and they lose it, its entirey my fault. But for something like a speaker grill which is installed into the car, they are supposed to take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
The job card at every service center clearly says "Cars parked and driven at owners risk." What would you do about that?

Not trying to support the dealer here but I think every dealer irrespective of which company they represent would have said the same thing about not being responsible for any valuables in the car.
Old 21st May 2008, 23:33   #18
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
I think that applies more to personal items. If i leave my watch in the car and they lose it, its entirey my fault. But for something like a speaker grill which is installed into the car, they are supposed to take care.
Yes and No. Even if i leave something, i expect them to return it back to me. Thats called as honesty.

I used to always leave my cd's box in the car when i gave it for service and always used to get it back. This time around, hyundai svc center lost it and also lost my business. I guess it could have been 1 mechanic who took it or misplaced it, but it also shows the culture & values the company is imbibing in its employees.
Old 22nd May 2008, 00:11   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

So if some customer's Amp, Sub or HU gets misplaced its the owners responsiblity?!
This guy did not lose a watch, it was a speaker grill which was installed "in the car".
Old 22nd May 2008, 00:26   #20
BHPian

Sorry to here of your bad luck with Tass, at least you got the free spanner,it may come in useful! my uncle whenever he is having his car serviced, goes to the service centre with a bottle of water and a newspaper at 9am sharp and stays for the whole day, watching and waiting. He always makes sure everything is done with the correct components and double checks everything. Bottom line is don't trust these guys, they can rip you off, this is the same the world over, check everything they do, it will give you peace of mind and makes sure they keep their eye on the ball.

Regards,

Stefan
Old 22nd May 2008, 10:42   #21
BHPian

Better to say TATA to TATA! Had the first generation Indica and man had my share of problems. All my friends who had Indicas sold them and swore never to buy a TATA.

God help everyone who buys the NANO. Might come apart while you drive.
Mera Bharat Maha!

Solution: get rid of the safari.
Old 22nd May 2008, 10:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish.r View Post
Irrespective of the no of services stations most of them are equally competant to screw the cars and the owners happiness. It all depends on the luck.
Good/Bad service does depend on luck (I.e. depends on competence of workers who are allocated to the car).

However, competition and pressure by manufacturer helps a lot. Maruti has 2 - 3 service centers in just Goregaon/Malad area in Mumbai. Service centers know that if a customer is unhappy he/she has to travel just 5 - 10 kilometers to find anther one.
Old 22nd May 2008, 16:52   #23
BANNED

Prithvi,

U've got me wrong.

The problem is with the Authorised Service Centre and not with the vehicle or the manufacturer.

TATA's make such wonderful vehicles, and i'll still buy their products for it.
Old 22nd May 2008, 22:23   #24
Senior - BHPian

I feel that sometimes we are at the mercy of these service centre guys. I am sure it happens across the board, not only in TATA.
I have experienced carelessness shown at RNS motors, Yeshwanthpur who are actually considered as good dealers/service center. I had given my 800 there for service last time, when I took the vehicle back, the rear-view mirror was missing. Right head light was not functioning. The service in-charge didn't even check if my complaints were addressed or not. So Its nothing to with manufacturers.
Old 23rd May 2008, 09:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

The lesser they touch it the better, but I seriously think that if your vehicle demands 1 day of your attention (by being there) when the A.S.S are servicing, its better to give it, the vehicle will service you better for the next 1 year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Prithvi,

U've got me wrong.

The problem is with the Authorised Service Centre and not with the vehicle or the manufacturer.

TATA's make such wonderful vehicles, and i'll still buy their products for it.
Old 23rd May 2008, 10:01   #26
Senior - BHPian

I hope you have already done that through here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Thanks guys.

Amit i got a call, i gave them whatever i could.I felt after all what i said, nothing's going to be done on it.

Just searching the web to get in touch directly with the TATA's

Last edited by dadu : 23rd May 2008 at 10:02.
Old 23rd May 2008, 10:12   #27
Senior - BHPian

Its really sad that you had such an experience. Losing a speaker grille is totally unacceptable, and their answer to that is even more so!! Do they expect people to remove the speakers etc before each service??

Also, Pavan, make sure u somehow het the spoiler cover soon. The Daewoo A.S.S once lost the wiper arm bolt cover on my matiz a few years ago, and i still havn't been able to find one!!
Old 23rd May 2008, 10:17   #28
BHPian

TAS centers in Bangalore

As per my knowledge there are 3 sales and sevice companies in Bangalore - Manipal, Prerana and Concorde, its a Hobson's choice!

Concorde has the most irritating service advisors - they are extremely polite and smiling all the time, but they always end up screwing up! They have lost the small plugs that go into the door panels to cover the screw-driver holes, they just press the reset button on the air-filter indicator instead of cleaning it. My black smoke and low mileage problem has not been solved after almost 15000 kms and 1 year. And after all this they have the gall to request me to rate them 10 when TATA calls back for feedback.

Bu thte positive is they have good mechanics, I have to sit there the whole day to get work done from them, the service advisers will not do it.

Folks, I am thinking of trying Prerana this time, any feedback?
Old 23rd May 2008, 10:53   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Tata are very regular with their follow up phone calls. Tell them what happened when you get one but don't expect any real improvements at the dealer level. Thats the sad part with Tata calls. Seems like they just collect data and do nothing about it!
I seem to have had a different experience - one negative remark about the workshop to Tata Motors during their follow up call and the workshop manager calls me the same day. I am asked to bring the car back at my convenience OR the workshop offers to send staff to my residence to address the complaint.

I have complained on 2 occasions - both times I took delivery late at night (8:30 pm) and didn't notice the issues when I took delivery.

Some of you may argue against this but in my experience, it helps to maintain very good rapport with all your service advisors. The gentleman who was the service advisor for my 1st service is now the head of the TASC.
Old 23rd May 2008, 10:53   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
Folks, I am thinking of trying Prerana this time, any feedback?
Prerana OMR is better of the lot.

When I had Indica, I've tried Concorde (I purchased my car there), Manipal on both Airport Rd & Hebbal & finally Prerana OMR.

The attention and the service what you get is much much better than in other places.

cheers:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks