Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2008, 11:25   #31
Team-BHP Support

At any service center of Tata you have to sit it out and make them work. I have tried all the service centers of blr Conorde/Prerna/Prerna OMR/Manipal, and everywhere I had to diagnose the problem and tell them "this is the problem".
Old 23rd May 2008, 11:36   #32
Senior - BHPian

There are many Service centres than these three in Bangalore.

See here
Old 23rd May 2008, 16:16   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanm View Post
Sorry to here of your bad luck with Tass, at least you got the free spanner,it may come in useful! my uncle whenever he is having his car serviced, goes to the service centre with a bottle of water and a newspaper at 9am sharp and stays for the whole day, watching and waiting. He always makes sure everything is done with the correct components and double checks everything. Bottom line is don't trust these guys, they can rip you off, this is the same the world over, check everything they do, it will give you peace of mind and makes sure they keep their eye on the ball.

Regards,

Stefan
I know that everybody cannot take the day off. BUT I always adjust my schedule so that I can take the day off and sit down in the service station (and on their heads) with water and my lunch. If you go to a specific service station every time, the people there know that you will not take any rubbish and then they would rather keep a job pending , if they are not so sure, than inviting your wrath.

Warning: Please go through announcement section. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited. Your post has been corrected.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th May 2008 at 15:13. Reason: Foul language
Old 23rd May 2008, 17:31   #34
BANNED

Thanks guys,

Dadu thanks for the link. hope it works.

I've physically sat there during the first two services and got things done, but this time i missed it out as i was attending to my Beetle.

What bad luck, till today none has come inspite of several calls to replace the missing parts.

I'll not let them so easily.

Warning from Mods: Please go through announcement section. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited. Your post has been corrected.

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th May 2008 at 20:31. Reason: Innappropraite language for the forum.
Old 23rd May 2008, 17:56   #35
Senior - BHPian

Hi Pavan,

> Dadu thanks for the link. hope it works.

As per info in the Indica forum, send a mail to :

supportsouth@tatamotors.com

Then as per a message in the palio group (balam 19/02/2008):

Vickram.M Manager- Customer Support TATA Motors Limited Chennai (0)9282229645 (044)66500935

The email address above can be used for other areas by changing the 'south' to north, west and east as appropriate.

Hope this helps.
Old 23rd May 2008, 19:28   #36
BHPian

Mr.Thirumal,
Regional customer care co-ordinator,Bangalore
ph no:66373424

the mail id is the same as given by trrk

I spoke to him and sent him a mail about the explorer club as per his advise.But no reply yet.But,you can talk to him.

Last edited by bglsrini : 23rd May 2008 at 19:29.
Old 24th May 2008, 17:31   #37
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

>Mr.Thirumal,

Thanks. That is good information and so has been filed for future use.

Touch wood. The last four Tata vehicles that I have had never gave me any headaches which were not solved by the local dealer / TASCs.
Old 24th May 2008, 18:21   #38
Senior - BHPian

A really very sorry incident with you.
We generally take all the care we can take for the good condition of our vehicles ( includes 2 wheelers ) and the service centers only ruin the entire experience.

The way they handle each and every vehicle makes me sometimes feel that there is no point in caring about these vehicles,as the service guys will be eventually spoiling our property.

During runnig in , for example, we take care not to cross a certain rpm, and at the service center what happens we dont know. Mostly I have seen that they over revv. We never had accelerated in Baleno so much to make the tyres screech. But after 1st service when the car was brought to gate by us, we saw the person accelerate and screeching of tyres. There was verbal warfare and we are struck up. This is common country phenomenon and not company ones.

In the form of test drives, they make sure that the engine is used roughly and in bad fashion the vehicle is handled. In fact, i personally rate after sales and service as the worst part of having a vehicle.
Personally, only suzuki 2 wheeler service center in vadodara has not messed up. Every one else has.

The roughness they use to work in vehicles sometimes are the reason for the poor rating the product gets; FIAT is the perfect example.

In your case, you must leave no stone unturned to make the dealer realize that we are not ignorant on any part. Losing a part is irritating. Our Baleno Keychain ( for keyless entry ) cell was taken off by service center. We have only one key to get into the vehicle.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 24th May 2008 at 18:25.
Old 25th May 2008, 17:15   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Prithvi,

U've got me wrong.

The problem is with the Authorised Service Centre and not with the vehicle or the manufacturer.

TATA's make such wonderful vehicles, and i'll still buy their products for it.
Well, with my vehicle I had tried to complain with Tata online about pathetic Fortune cars Powai, Mumbai, they never responded. To sum up Tata cares a damn about service provided to their customers.
Old 25th May 2008, 20:11   #40
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal View Post
Well, with my vehicle I had tried to complain with Tata online about pathetic Fortune cars Powai, Mumbai, they never responded. To sum up Tata cares a damn about service provided to their customers.
Same with Mahindra. I wrote to them about the pathetic experience i had when i asked for a TD from their dealer here in Delhi. No response till date.

On the contrary, i got a response back from toyota rep on next day itself. However, the response was a standard reply expected from a dumb-head and was just better than not replying at all.
Old 25th May 2008, 21:49   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Thanks guys.

Amit i got a call, i gave them whatever i could.I felt after all what i said, nothing's going to be done on it.

Just searching the web to get in touch directly with the TATA's
Well Tata direct is no better. I just got off from my email giving them a piece of my mind. I was in touch with Ajay Gupta (Some senior manager, sales north), after sensing I am a demanding customer with lots of queries before I buy Safari, he stopped taking my calls. I reached across to regional manager Jalaj Gupta, he refused to take my call !! asking his secretory to reply to me that Ajay is dealing in this case.

Thank God, I did not fall in Tata trap. Since Pajero is out of my equation for the time being, I guess I would settle for Automatic Vitara which I originally started by SUV search with. It is better to be with Petrol guzzler then to get stuck with Tata lemon.

I am sure they would screw up Jaguar and Landrover also with such sales and support team.
Old 26th May 2008, 12:19   #42
BHPian

My Sister in law had called me last week as she with husband were finalising either Indica Dicor or Turbo to be their first car, and had called me for inputs since I own one.

I talked them out of this choice. Told them to look at i10 or swift, well they have just informed me that they have booked i10 (magna) from Trident, Bangalore.
Old 27th May 2008, 05:09   #43
BHPian

Just to probe this down a bit deeper. When it comes to Tata we all are forewarned about the Quality issues, we still go for the car thinking it should not be a constant and gets fixed during service. Expectation is that your car is well taken care of and you get more years to retain. I have owned 4 cars before the Safari - Santro, Opel Corsa, Ford Ikon, Accent Viva CRDi. I can confidently say whenever an issue was there the A.*.* could fix it to my satisfaction level and the problem never used to creep again. Quality issues was something i never used to face with my car.

No matter the looks, performance and positives of the car is a good package, but what use would be the package if we do not get a decent service from the authorised service center. I personally have tried Manipal and Concorde, i find them pathetic in their own ways. Some constant niggles and no solution ever since im owning the vehicle.
- Smoke problem - both advised that i should use normal diesel instead of premium. Point taken, switched to normal diesel + System D for the last 2K kms. Result = no effect, the problem persists. Solution = "Sir, we will clean the airfilter and other parts and give it". Next 100-200 kms it is a smoke free vehicle then again the black clouds appear.
- Driver side Power window not closing properly - "Sir, problem with power window motor we will replace it under warranty" Replaced twice, result = fine for 1-2 months, problem creeps again. The matter of fact I do not roll down the window at all and drive with A/C all through out. So it's not a case of excessive usage.
- Constant rattles in doors - "Sir, we have checked the beading etc." fine for next 2-3 weeks, rattles come again.
There are more to add but will keep this to the point.

All of the above I have complained to T.A.S.S call center's when they call up from Pune. Result as most of you have said, the vehicle goes immediately to the A.*.* for 1-2 days and again the cycle continues. the most irritating part is that vehicle is kept for 2 days minimum saying lot of work to be done on the vehicle and when it comes back i'am back to square one.

I still say the vehicle is wonderful, have clocked more than 12K kms in last 11 months. Driving comforts are by far the best, excellent handling and gives you a lot of confidence on highways. The constant niggles and not able to find a decent A.*.* is forcing me to make a switch.

I can say i'am not very confident to venture in to another Tata vehicle in the near future.

Cheers,
Rajesh
Old 27th May 2008, 09:22   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbaliga View Post
I still say the vehicle is wonderful, have clocked more than 12K kms in last 11 months. Driving comforts are by far the best, excellent handling and gives you a lot of confidence on highways. The constant niggles and not able to find a decent A.*.* is forcing me to make a switch.

I can say i'am not very confident to venture in to another Tata vehicle in the near future.

Cheers,
Rajesh
Well said Rajesh, you have echo'd the voices of many of us, I am satisfied with the driving experience and low running cost of my car but the abysmal A.S.S have ruined the ownership experience.

After my recent shift to another A.S.S on recommendation of fellow Bhpian, extreme frustration has subsided. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ars-powai.html

When thinking of Tata/Fiat products, a thought comes up - "am I ready to go through the bad A.S.S". IMHO a Tata vehicle is best used as a second car in the family.
Old 27th May 2008, 09:58   #45
Senior - BHPian

And where do you get it serviced now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbaliga View Post
Just to probe this down a bit deeper. When it comes to Tata we all are forewarned about the Quality issues, we still go for the car thinking it should not be a constant and gets fixed during service. Expectation is that your car is well taken care of and you get more years to retain. I have owned 4 cars before the Safari - Santro, Opel Corsa, Ford Ikon, Accent Viva CRDi. I can confidently say whenever an issue was there the A.*.* could fix it to my satisfaction level and the problem never used to creep again. Quality issues was something i never used to face with my car.

No matter the looks, performance and positives of the car is a good package, but what use would be the package if we do not get a decent service from the authorised service center. I personally have tried Manipal and Concorde, i find them pathetic in their own ways. Some constant niggles and no solution ever since im owning the vehicle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks