Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2010, 11:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

S.C Auto in Thane on Eastern Express highway is another option to look for. I had interacted with the dealer when I TDed the Aveo but they dont negotiate much. I have seen the service centre at Majiwade which originally was the Hyundai body workshop now converted to Chevy workshop.
In fact S. C Auto is owned by the guy who also own Modi Hyundai in Thane.
Old 29th November 2010, 14:31   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
S.C Auto in Thane on Eastern Express highway is another option to look for. I had interacted with the dealer when I TDed the Aveo but they dont negotiate much. I have seen the service centre at Majiwade which originally was the Hyundai body workshop now converted to Chevy workshop.
In fact S. C Auto is owned by the guy who also own Modi Hyundai in Thane.
You are right. SC Auto is owned by Vikram Modi, today he has two dealerships on the panchpakhadi service road, Chevy and Hyundai. Must say that guy has come a long way.

My friends and other Hyundai owners in Thane that I know of have had so far a good experience with Modi's service.

To all the Chevy guys, PLS stay away from Chevy Modi. It is pathetic to say the least. I had terrible experiences. I dont even have aheart to narrate them. Its best untold.

Nikhil automobiles is very good at doing their job. Call them up, book an appointment, drop the car. The Koparkhairane train station is just opposite Nikhil motors. You get a train back to Thane. You can come back in the evening by a train or a rick. Havent yet tried the rick so dont know the cost.

When you go to drop your car off for the service, dont miss out the black board hanging opposite the security gate of Nikhil motors. Its nice to find your vehicle number on the board telling you that your car is indeed booked for a service. Very courteous staff.

For any issues, meet Mr. Vinay, in-charge of the showroom. You can also contact the service guy named Girish. Very nice chap and gets the job done. They know me very well. Chevy guys, you can give my reference. Vikrant Deshmukh (Red Chevy Spark: organisation, Privi Organics).
Old 26th December 2010, 12:43   #18
BHPian

Re: Best Chevrolet Dealer in Mumbai?

I have booked Spark with Nikhil Automobiles in Navi mumbai on the 19th of Dec 10. now on 25th when I am supposed to PDI the vehicle and give them the check for the down payment, this sales rep calls me and tells me that the color I chose (Velvet red) is not available since the factory does not have the stock and is closed for maintenance for 7 days. This is after confirming him about the PDI the earlier evening along with the time of visit

The offer running on spark is only upto 31st Dec. Now he tells me that the only color available is sandy grey and it would cost me additional 5.5k. I am not sure whether it is me who is to bear the cost for the misbooking of the dealer.

Anyways, I am negotiating with them since I dont mind the color, the only thing I mind is paying the extra moolah . I'm meeting them today hopefully and close this issue.

Nikhil automobiles as a dealer is good and very courteous and warm. Will update once I close the deal and get my vehicle (If I can do it on my terms).

Regards,
Kalesh
Old 17th October 2015, 15:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

Guys any good Service station for a Chevy Beat in the Vasai to Borivali area ?

Even a good garage in that area would do.

Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 14:39   #20

Gave my wife's Cruze for servicing to Nikhil Chevrolet today and got an estimate for Rs 10000/- for the service and Rs. 160000/- for parts.

Apparantly the Cruze suddenly developed problems with the remote key, its suspension and brakes.

Needless to say I wont be giving my car there anymore.
behzad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 17:31   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by behzad View Post
Gave my wife's Cruze for servicing to Nikhil Chevrolet today and got an estimate for Rs 10000/- for the service and Rs. 160000/- for parts.
Dear behzad,

Did you get the number of zeros wrong - by chance?

1.6 lakhs for what parts?

Did I miss the reference post? If so - sorry - stupid question - I know!!

Girish Mahajan
Old 6th April 2016, 17:44   #22

No, it is a lakh sixty.
Old 10th October 2016, 10:48   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by behzad View Post

Apparantly the Cruze suddenly developed problems with the remote key, its suspension and brakes.

Needless to say I wont be giving my car there anymore.
Which Nikhil Chevrolet was this (Kurla/Goregaon/Dombivli/Navi Mumbai) ?

Have you found any alternative / better Chevrolet service centre around Mumbai ? I can see the only other options are Balaji (Mira Road) and S C (Thane). Let me know as I need to do get my major Cruze 70k service done soon.
Old 10th October 2016, 11:03   #24

Hi,
I have not yet found a service centre for the Chevy and I really need to get that car serviced by someone competent. Theres way too many minor niggles that keep bothering me.

Anyways if you are thinking of buying any Chevrolet vehicle, think twice.

Most Viewed