Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2008, 15:56   #1
BHPian

Best Chevrolet Dealer in Mumbai?

Folks,

Fortpoint was a half decent dealership but no longer sells/ services Chevy. National Garage seems to be the only one in the central Mumbai area.

Anyone have any good experiences with any other GM Dealers in Bombay? Any particular references would help too. Thanks
Old 26th May 2008, 12:16   #2
BHPian

There are 2 others on the western suburb side.

Jogeshwari - Bharati
Malad - Ashtavinayak

I am currently interacting with Bharati where I have booked my UVA.
My cousin got his Aveo from Ashtavinayak.

Both above interactions show that they are decent.
Old 10th June 2008, 11:58   #3
BHPian

I have came across 3 Chevrolet dealers:

1)Ashtavinayak - called them for UVA, was trying to sell me Spark. Now, when I want to buy Aveo had called them for prices/offers, they didnt return my call

2)National Garage (Andheri East) - They were moving when I visited them. They have closed the showroom/service centre in andheri and now are present only in Mahalaxmi (I guess). They did a follow up on my query but a bit late.

3)Bharati - They got me the best offer without much hassle and are very friendly.

To add that I was earlier planning to buy Dzire and had horrible exp with Maruti dealers, as if I am at a ration shop/ sarkari office and I need to do some 'ungli tedha' to get my car. very shady

I would say my interaction with chevy dealers would be my first car 'buying' experience.
Old 15th June 2008, 13:41   #4

i used to believe its NATIONAL GARAGE (they have two branches - andheri / Mahalaxmi). very warm and responsive till you have a problem with the car...

My advice - Dont buy GM . My new car (Optra LT royale) sunroof has a major leak and i am struggling still...
Old 13th February 2010, 16:39   #5
BHPian

I thought the only decent workshop was run by Bharati in Jogeshwari east, but sadly it has become a tata/fiat workshop now. Which leaves only 1 workshop accessible to all of western suburbs, namely Ashtavinayak in Jogeshwari west. The trouble is, that they just can't handle the workload and no one ever picks up the board line. When i gave my car for repairs there, they kept it for over 12 days with no one giving me a straight reply for a week. On my visit there i found my optra in a terrible state (will attach an image) with no work done, finally the Manager Mr. Bandhu seemed co operative and helped out, but even emails to GM didn't do much. In any case, if anyone is aware of a good service center, please do give a heads up, i really don't want to go to Ashtavinayak again.
Attached Thumbnails
Best Chevrolet Dealer in Mumbai?-12122009622.jpg  

Old 17th February 2010, 18:10   #6
Senior - BHPian

Nikhil Auto on the Thane Belapur road is the newest Chevy dealer in Mumbai/Navi Mumbai area. They seem OK so far in the limited time that I have interacted with them.
Old 19th February 2010, 14:54   #7
Senior - BHPian

Dont they have a A** in Mira Road Area? I see Ashtavinayak ads in Mira Road for Chevrolet service in mira road?
Old 22nd February 2010, 16:36   #8

@ ishaanranderia - I have purchased my Spark LS from Astavinayak, Malad. I was about to give it for servicing at Astavinayak - Jogeshwari Service Center. Looking at your experience I am having second thoughts.

@ All Sprark owners in Mumbai - Which the best *** in Mumbai? Has anyone tried Multiplastics - Service Centre, Plot No.94, Marol Co-op.Industrial Estate, Andheri (E),
Mumbai?
Old 1st March 2010, 15:59   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patro View Post
@ ishaanranderia - I have purchased my Spark LS from Astavinayak, Malad. I was about to give it for servicing at Astavinayak - Jogeshwari Service Center. Looking at your experience I am having second thoughts.

@ All Sprark owners in Mumbai - Which the best *** in Mumbai? Has anyone tried Multiplastics - Service Centre, Plot No.94, Marol Co-op.Industrial Estate, Andheri (E),
Mumbai?
Yeah i think Chevrolet desperately needs another service center, and with their new models doing well the situation is only going to get severe. Let me know if your service experience elsewhere is good.
Old 4th March 2010, 15:45   #10
BHPian

How about FNGs ? A lot of them claim to be official service centers of different manufacturers. Are they good? Do they have original spares? Is warranty void if we get the car serviced from them? I know this discussion has been done elsewhere but I just wanted a recent update.

Also if someone can shed some light on wait times for general servicing of Chevrolet cars in Mumbai as well as good service centers in the same city then it would be much appreciated.
Old 30th March 2010, 13:33   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Nikhil Auto on the Thane Belapur road is the newest Chevy dealer in Mumbai/Navi Mumbai area. They seem OK so far in the limited time that I have interacted with them.
I would be wary of giving my car for service at Nikhil Auto. I had approached them a couple of months back for a test drive of Chevy Aveo. Since the showroom did not have a TD car, the sales person very helpfully offered to call me for a test drive once a customers car came in for service . To top that, I ACTUALLY got a call from the sales rep a few days later saying that a customer car had come in for service, and he would be able to give me a test drive, provided I reached the showroom before 3 PM.
Old 10th April 2010, 16:37   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manumani View Post
I would be wary of giving my car for service at Nikhil Auto. I had approached them a couple of months back for a test drive of Chevy Aveo. Since the showroom did not have a TD car, the sales person very helpfully offered to call me for a test drive once a customers car came in for service . To top that, I ACTUALLY got a call from the sales rep a few days later saying that a customer car had come in for service, and he would be able to give me a test drive, provided I reached the showroom before 3 PM.
Just recently went to Nikhil Auto to check out the Beat and when I asked for a test drive the sales rep instantly offered a brand new vehicle to try out. When i insisted on a test drive car he smiled and said its common practice. I refused but I will be very wary to buy from them. Some Lemons are created in showrooms.
Old 7th July 2010, 01:22   #13
BANNED

NATIONAL GARAGE in mumbai is one of the worst service centers i have come seen. 4 days back i had given then=m my cruze for a mirror folding repair. they told me that they will check it and replace the part in warranty. on the 4th day they tell me that the part is physically damaged and and it wont be covered under warranty. went to take my car back from them this evening and got to know that my inside door mirror is missing and then the blame game started that the car did not have only and much after harassment they tell now they have found it and will install it in 5 mins. the service advisor and the manager both don't know how to deal with a customer for sure
Old 22nd July 2010, 04:24   #14

there are hardly chevy dealers in mumbai except for ashtavinayak&nikhil...still havent been to nikhil..will have to see their offers for spark...
Old 29th July 2010, 16:02   #15
Senior - BHPian

I gave my Spark to Nikhil for some alignment problems and some sounds emanating from the dash and the the front suspension. These jobs were initially given to Pashankar at Pune during regular service where they refused to remove the dash noise saying its because of the audio system not installed at a chevy dealer. That was atrocious. The suspension job though it seemed fine immediately after the service, started its music again after a few days. Even the alignment issue which which I thought was sorted out was not. Anyway gave the car to Nikhil and I am really impressed by their work. The suspension sound is now gone for good, the dash does not rattle any more and the alignment is almost spot on. From now one no more Pashankar and its only Nikhil for me.

Most Viewed