Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2008, 15:50   #1

Reg: FordIkon Service issue in Bangalore

Guys,

Please advise.

I gave my FordIkon for bumper replacement with MetroFord, Bangalore after my car got hit when it was parked.

When I went to pick mycar after service what they told is Horn is little loose and it has to be replaced. I have installed a new horn around 6months ago and it was absoultely working fine when I gave for service. I insisted to repair and give me else replace new horn for which they made me wait 1.30hr and then told it is not reparable and I need to buy new horn.

I told them it is your responsibility to replace it free of cost as I gave car in working condition of horn. They said it is "non ford recommended", "non guaranteee electrical equipment" they cant do. When I did a little gentleman argument they took car back and replace my horn with "old piece" (which works like a junk and person who is walking on road is responding, horn of scooter I guess) and told to check with my orignal shopkeeper for servicing.

Since shop was on same road from wherein I travel everyday I agreed and took delivery, this was my biggest mistake. When I went home I also found that they messedup my Autocop lock and I cant lock my car using remote. When I went home I found that my horn was out of warranty period and I cant repair it so next day I called service engineer and told about horn and remote problem.

He replied back saygin it is not his responsibility and workshop guy meessed up so I should call him, after few arguments he agreed to call himself and made workshop guy to call me. When I spoke to workshop guy he is saying why I am making issue for 400/- and I should replace new horn and it was not working when I bought it seems. When I pointed out that it is not true and also that it is not mentioned in worksheet while taking for servicing and nor did they called me in last 3 days when car was with them.

I had atleast 5 calls since moring and they are not taking responsibility at all and I shouted back eithet to put thier service manager on phone and repair it earlier else i would go to consumer court.

Guys
Anybody had gone throuhg such situation here with MetroFord or any other dealer in Bangalore? What path I shoudl take to solve this issue? Pls advise

Thanks
Naveen
Old 27th May 2008, 17:10   #2
BHPian

Contact the Metro Ford on St. Marks Road & ask for Mr Surendra(n), he is the GM of that outfit. He should be of some help.
cheers:
Old 28th May 2008, 08:17   #3
BHPian

Navin - There is a saying in Hindi - "Jab Ghee Siddi Ungli Se Naa Nikle Tho Tedi mein sahi". You are interested to get your car back in order, no point in confronting them frankly at this point since Cauvery Ford has also closed down and for some time Metro is a monopoly. Walk across, speak to Mr Surendran and work your way through, i had a Ford Ikon in 2003-05 and there used to be a person called Karthik he was the sales head in Metro Ford. Just check if he is around, a very nice guy and reasonable person. He can try and get your issues fixed.

All the best, i hope Ford signs up with (i have read its Lathangi) at the earliest.

Regards
-Rajesh
Old 28th May 2008, 08:24   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksnaveen View Post
I had atleast 5 calls since moring and they are not taking responsibility at all and I shouted back eithet to put thier service manager on phone and repair it earlier else i would go to consumer court.
Try complaining with the company, I suspect they will not respond. Numerous bad feedback about ford service and "Metro Ford" in particular in the forum. One such is http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ase-court.html, thankfully your car is in decent shape unlike http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...es-defect.html

I guess going to consumer court is the only solution if you have that determination and patience, else live with such issues as a part of ford ownership.

Last edited by liberal : 28th May 2008 at 08:32.
Old 28th May 2008, 10:59   #5
LLL
BHPian

Another issue with Metro ford and Ford svc in particular.

Its our lax laws that allow ford to exist in India. Else it would have had to shut shop till it gets its house in order. And our Govt sits and watches in the name of liberalisation while these MNCs rip us.
Old 29th May 2008, 11:33   #6
Team-BHP Support

Now with the better dealer Cauvery Ford shutting shop, Metro has monopoly over service of Ford cars in Karnataka. I guess this matter needs to be escalated to Ford India so that the new dealer has their services up and running at the earliest.

Since i got to know of this through TBHP, i rushed to ensure that my vehicle was finally serviced by Cauvery (who did a good job) before they closed. I just hope Lathangi is up to the mark. Somehow, i desist going to Metro reading other people's experiences with them.

Naveen, my friend who was a service advisor with Cauvery has some friends who work with Metro. If it comes to that, i could try and get you their numbers to help you out.
Old 29th May 2008, 16:23   #7
BHPian

I am sure you can put up a fight and get them to replace / repair your horn and autocop. But lets think for a moment; you have already made an X amount of calls, argued and probably lost your cool on those guys.

Why not just get both repaired from outside and move on? Lets give them the benefit of doubt that the horn *could* have just failed....its an electrical part after all. Do you want to waste more of your resources for a matter like this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks