Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2008, 22:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

The ODO was not working just because they had disconnected the Speedometer sensor. They would just have connected it back and told you that it was a defective part that GM has asked to call back. Its just crap. One thing you need to know here is that i dont think you would be able to prove that it was not working when you got it since you dont have that written in your Job card (if i'm right). THereby you cant really prove anything about how much the "new" car has done.

I'm sorry to say it but Its commonsense that the car should be seen before sending it for registration. And atleast before taking delivery. The fact that you took delivery at night cannot be proved to be a fault of the dealer.

Going to the COnsumer court is not an easy walk. It could take years for you to get a verdict. Be doubly sure that you want to go through all this before taking a decision.

Has GM not responded to you directly even after so long?
Old 29th May 2008, 01:15   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
The fact that you took delivery at night cannot be proved to be a fault of the dealer.
And, at the time of delivery, they might have asked to sign the form which says the vehicle has been delivered to the satisfaction of the customer.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 29th May 2008 at 01:16.
Old 29th May 2008, 01:22   #18
BHPian

Quote:
The ODO was not working just because they had disconnected the Speedometer sensor. They would just have connected it back and told you that it was a defective part that GM has asked to call back. Its just crap. One thing you need to know here is that i dont think you would be able to prove that it was not working when you got it since you dont have that written in your Job card (if i'm right). THereby you cant really prove anything about how much the "new" car has done.

I'm sorry to say it but Its commonsense that the car should be seen before sending it for registration. And atleast before taking delivery. The fact that you took delivery at night cannot be proved to be a fault of the dealer.

Going to the COnsumer court is not an easy walk. It could take years for you to get a verdict. Be doubly sure that you want to go through all this before taking a decision.

Has GM not responded to you directly even after so long?
GM not responded to this isssue directly. I have sent mails to Area Sales manager and waiting for the reply.

Regarding Speedo meter problem there is no Job card as such, but the error code in ECU is still there( The warning light is glowing even now). We have not allowed him to erase the error code or connect the BUS so that we can prove it anytime.

I admit the fact that it is such a stupid thing to register the vehicle without seeing it, but my brother is a busy doctor, was really busy during this week and he wanted the car in same week because it was his wife's birthday. But we believed the process and service from GM as this is the 3rd GM Vehicle in my family. They proved it worng.
Old 29th May 2008, 01:37   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Why dont you just tell them i will leave you if you replace the car with a newer one and my colour of choice,and how can you accept the car if he has not given you the choice of colour you wanted???
This we have communicated to him multiple times. We never put forth any other demand as such. The dealer's point is the vehicle is registered in our name. But what i dont understand how someone can deliver a different color car than what a customer booked and that too with such a big damage. As you know the difference between Cashmere and PLatinum metalic of GM would look the same in dark and its hard to identify for an untrained at the first glance. Then what is the use of running a PDC???? Why didnt they find the fault in that? I have asked him for a copy of the PDC, but he informed that it cant be given to customer.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 29th May 2008 at 01:40.
Old 29th May 2008, 09:26   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
This we have communicated to him multiple times. We never put forth any other demand as such. The dealer's point is the vehicle is registered in our name. But what i dont understand how someone can deliver a different color car than what a customer booked and that too with such a big damage. As you know the difference between Cashmere and PLatinum metalic of GM would look the same in dark and its hard to identify for an untrained at the first glance. Then what is the use of running a PDC???? Why didnt they find the fault in that? I have asked him for a copy of the PDC, but he informed that it cant be given to customer.
Personally i would tell you that there is not much of a point in going on with this. With your brother not having time to even check out the car before registration/delivery i dont think he would have time for a consumer court thing. THe dealer would not be bothered in going to court since he knows that you cant prove anything. He could just claim that the black spots came after delivery due to some idiotic reasons that they could make up.

If they have done just a temporary registration i think there is a way of cancelling it. But otherwise the dealer would not budge since he will be loosing money on a full car. Its better for him to go to court and get as much time as possible.

I suggest you get in touch with the owner of DEEDI. Try to get some contacts. If its just about the black spots sort it out amicably.
Old 29th May 2008, 10:31   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Personally i would tell you that there is not much of a point in going on with this.

With determination one can get things his way, proved by others on the forum who have got rightful justice on perseverance.

Relaxing attitude or cojoling to get the right response will not benefit unless accompanied by decisive action.

The only mistake was trusting the dealer. Shocking is the lack of response from GM.

Last edited by liberal : 29th May 2008 at 10:36.
Old 29th May 2008, 11:06   #22
BHPian

@Hotchillipepper
Sorry for what has happened to your brother.

Definitely the car was used as a TD vehicle. All the dealers do this at thier sub-dealership. Because only main dealership would have a proper TD vehicle.

It was a grave mistake that the vehicle was not inspected properly before taking delivery. Please do check the Chasis # and the manufacturing date of the vehicle. If its a 2007 vehicle then they have pulled a con op on you (it is a con op anyway even if its 2008 model).

We had very bad experience from Anjaneya motors during the purchase of Opel Corsa back in 2003 for my cousin. I thought with Deedi things might have improved. But it turns out that all these dealers are of one breed.

Nowadays, buying vehicles from dealerships has become equally risky as buying vehicles from used car market. If one is not adamant and assertive, these dealerships can easily cheat you.

Media campaign and moving the consumer court should work in positive way. Keep us posted. Wish you all the best.
Old 29th May 2008, 11:09   #23
BHPian

Sad story...
But why did your brother take delivery without checking car?

what all document he has signed?
Old 29th May 2008, 11:09   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
And, at the time of delivery, they might have asked to sign the form which says the vehicle has been delivered to the satisfaction of the customer.
That is where the dealer has a very strong case here. they can prove almost anything now.

Quote:
Again here the dealer has the upper hand.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal View Post
With determination one can get things his way, proved by others on the forum who have got rightful justice on perseverance.

Relaxing attitude or cojoling to get the right response will not benefit unless accompanied by decisive action.

The only mistake was trusting the dealer. Shocking is the lack of response from GM.
Just read the agony of this person here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ta-motors.html

It took him really long to fight and once his case was dismissed.
Old 29th May 2008, 11:42   #25
BHPian

This is not surprising from deedi. When i booked my p180 dtsi 3 yrs and i asked if it is possible to get blue 180 with silver alloys. The marketing guy told that currently it is out of stock and will be available when next shipment arrives.After one week i was called and told that once blue 180 is available specially for me and if i pay 5k then they will immediatley send it for registration. (booking office and their park yard is 5kms apart) But i insisted on seeing the vehicle before regn. upon reaching there what i found was a demo 180 with speedo disconnected and scratched body.
i went back and said no and told i need black one and am ready to wait for 10 more days.
Old 29th May 2008, 13:57   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
That is where the dealer has a very strong case here. they can prove almost anything now.

...Just read the agony of this person here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ta-motors.html

It took him really long to fight and once his case was dismissed.
Agreed, more the reason to take decisive action and collect evidence of breach of trust as in this case precautions were not taken before delivery.

The dealer will 100% only offer corrective action rather than replacement.

The least GM could have done was to respond & inspect the car/evidence to evaluate the claim of customer.

Good Luck
Old 29th May 2008, 16:53   #27
Senior - BHPian

Its real bad that showroom guys pass on defective vehicles to unsuspecting customers, but a different coloured car??? Never heard that one before. U should have checked atleast the colour before delivery, whether u were busy or not is not an excuse. Also, delivery at night is an absolute no no. You guys should have suspected some fishy activity when the dealer was hurriedly pushing the car on you.

P.S: can u pls post some pictures??
Old 29th May 2008, 17:36   #28
BHPian

Shocking incident, HCP! Getting home a new car is supposed to be a joyous moment; this dealer and GM have ruined the experience for you.

Quote:
Even though there was no urgency from our side, a Spark was delivered to my brother’s hospital (He is a doctor) at night 10:00 O’clock on 15-May-2008. Even though my brother told them to deliver it on next day, they told him that they would be busy on next day due to exhibition at Kollam, hence need to deliver the vehicle before that. They were very keen to register the vehicle with the RTO before delivery. The RC is yet to be delivered.
Quote:
The very next day when my family saw the vehicle in day light really shocked seeing a Cashmere color vehicle (What we booked was Platinum Metallic).
You really should have referred to our article. We have recommended a day time delivery and a thorough check of the car. Following our recommended procedures would have surely saved your family this heartache. Whats done is done, but please take a printout of this article when you buy your next new car.

Quote:
Immediately after the delivery, my brother took the vehicle for a test drive and found that the odometer is not functional, but it has already clocked 110Kms!!!
Your car has, almost certainly, been used as a testdrive car. Needless to say, testdrivers are not the smoothest.

Quote:
We found uneven black spots all over the body paint. It is beneath the polish layer and hence very evident that it is not dirt or any foreign particle accumulated during the delivery.
Obvious attempt at freshing up a dirty car.

Quote:
I never expect such a cheat from General motors dealer and after multiple mails and calls none of the GM official inspected the car or enquired the issue sorted out or not. So we are registering an FIR tomorrow.
Hire the services of a competent lawyer. Also, do read this article for tips. I did read that you have gotten media attention to this ghastly incident. Good job.

If there is anything that we can help with, please drop a PM or use the Contact Us form. Keep us updated on the progress, we are with you each step of the way.
Old 30th May 2008, 01:43   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Personally i would tell you that there is not much of a point in going on with this. With your brother not having time to even check out the car before registration/delivery i dont think he would have time for a consumer court thing. THe dealer would not be bothered in going to court since he knows that you cant prove anything. He could just claim that the black spots came after delivery due to some idiotic reasons that they could make up.

If they have done just a temporary registration i think there is a way of cancelling it. But otherwise the dealer would not budge since he will be loosing money on a full car. Its better for him to go to court and get as much time as possible.

I suggest you get in touch with the owner of DEEDI. Try to get some contacts. If its just about the black spots sort it out amicably.
@ Gemi
I understand your point Gemi. But if it happend to you what would have been your reaction? Do you think repainting a brand new car is the amicable solution for this. I m sorry but I have to disagree with it. Imagine about the stuffs you buy online. Will you ever see it before delivery? If you find the item defective after delivery you will get away with it? Anyways we will fight this back till we can. Atleast another poor guy who is buying a car by taking 3 lakhs loan just for his dream should not be cheated so easily. I dont expect I can make a difference in the way GM/Deedi function, but I will make sure that my voice is heard. (That is why I have posted the issue here). Atleast our friendson this forum will be aware of it while going to him for a purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Shocking incident, HCP! Getting home a new car is supposed to be a joyous moment; this dealer and GM have ruined the experience for you.

@ GTO
Thanks for the support guys. Im waiting for a possible response from GM side until this week end. Will keep you posted.

You really should have referred to our article. We have recommended a day time delivery and a thorough check of the car. Following our recommended procedures would have surely saved your family this heartache. Whats done is done, but please take a printout of this article when you buy your next new car.

Your car has, almost certainly, been used as a testdrive car. Needless to say, testdrivers are not the smoothest.

Obvious attempt at freshing up a dirty car.

Hire the services of a competent lawyer. Also, do read this article for tips. I did read that you have gotten media attention to this ghastly incident. Good job.

If there is anything that we can help with, please drop a PM or use the Contact Us form. Keep us updated on the progress, we are with you each step of the way.
@GTO: Thanks a lot for the support. I have send a mail to the area after sales manager yesterday and waiting for the reply till this weekend. I will keep you posted about the issue. At the same time I am trying to link up with Overdrive too...
I will keep you guys posted

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 30th May 2008 at 01:49.
Old 30th May 2008, 09:19   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ Gemi
I understand your point Gemi. But if it happend to you what would have been your reaction? Do you think repainting a brand new car is the amicable solution for this. I m sorry but I have to disagree with it. Imagine about the stuffs you buy online. Will you ever see it before delivery? If you find the item defective after delivery you will get away with it? Anyways we will fight this back till we can. Atleast another poor guy who is buying a car by taking 3 lakhs loan just for his dream should not be cheated so easily. I dont expect I can make a difference in the way GM/Deedi function, but I will make sure that my voice is heard. (That is why I have posted the issue here). Atleast our friendson this forum will be aware of it while going to him for a purchase.
I was not trying to dissapoint you. I just wanted to make you aware that its not as easy as anyone would say. And since you said that your brother was a very busy guy i thought if you go ahead with things initially he might start finding it difficult in the longer term when he has to go to the hearings which could go on for eternity. And after all that what do you expect to happen. No court would ask them to replace the car that has already been registered just because of some black spots on the paint. THe dealer could always take a stand that it was not there during the delivery and can show the documents signed during delivery. WE would not have any proof to say that it was not there. So the most possible verdict would finally be to repair it. You possibly cant prove that the car is a test drive car and has done some running before delivery.

I was just telling you that this is going to be frustrating in the long run since you dont have any valid proof for anything. The dealer on the other hand has taken approval for registraion and has signed the delivery note hich mentions that you are satisfied.

If you really decide to go to court. All the best. We all would be there for support.

Most Viewed