Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2008, 16:06   #1
BHPian

Cheating by Deedi Motors Trivandrum (Defective Spark Delivered)

My brother who is living in Kerala wanted to by a small car for his wife had asked my opinion for choosing one. Because of my previous good experience with GM India through my Magnum, I have suggested him to go for Spark, and undoubtedly it’s a great car and real value for money in that segment with the 3 years warranty.

We booked a Platinum Metallic color Spark LS on 29-April-2008 through Deedi motors private LTD Kollam, Kerala. Even though there was no urgency from our side, a Spark was delivered to my brother’s hospital (He is a doctor) at night 10:00 O’clock on 15-May-2008. Even though my brother told them to deliver it on next day, they told him that they would be busy on next day due to exhibition at Kollam, hence need to deliver the vehicle before that. They were very keen to register the vehicle with the RTO before delivery. The RC is yet to be delivered.

Immediately after the delivery, my brother took the vehicle for a test drive and found that the odometer is not functional, but it has already clocked 110Kms!!! When he asked for an explanation the service personal informed that all cars will be unloaded at Deedi motors Trivandrum showroom and will be driven down to Kollam Dealership (Approx 70 Kms!!!) for delivery so that it is clocked 110Kms on Odo. Anyways the Odometer malfunction has been sorted out next day by replacing Vehicle Speed Sensor and the service engineers informed that it is a common issue with Sparks and there is a direction from GM to call back and replace it on all cars. This was a strange response and seems unauthentic. My obvious doubt is why the sensor is not been replaced before it is been delivered to customer?

The very next day when my family saw the vehicle in day light really shocked seeing a Cashmere color vehicle (What we booked was Platinum Metallic). And the story not ending there. We found uneven black spots all over the body paint. It is beneath the polish layer and hence very evident that it is not dirt or any foreign particle accumulated during the delivery. My brother immediately reported the issue to the concerned sales person and he promised that he will check the vehicle on next working day (19-may-2008). As no one turned up till 1 PM on 19th my brother took the vehicle to Deedi motors Kollam showroom and shown the vehicle to the Service manager there

After initial investigation he has commented that it is just dirt and a wash would do the job. To our surprise the vehicle was taken inside the service bay without a job card written. This is the first time we are seeing the vehicle shifted to service bay by an authorized dealer without a job card made for it. They have washed it with multiple solutions but the black spots remain same all through the body. Meanwhile one of the service guy told my brother personally that he has seen these spots before the delivery itself, and reported it to the service engineer, but his reaction was “its ok”. (We have this conversation with the service guy recorded in my brother’s phone).

Immediately the same innovative service manager came up with a new resolution: Do a Teflon coating will resolve the issue. Since my brother was not sure how a third party Coating would help removing the black spots from the paint, he didn’t agree and called me up from there. I talked to the service manager and insisted the service manager to make the job card first with the exact complaint and give a copy. Initially he was hesitant to make a job card with the compliant we registered, and tried to give a card for "Body wash". Finally after 30 mins of talking with the guy he gave a copy of Job card with the exact compliant printed on that.

He brought the car back home and never used it again. We contacted GM India to inspect the car at our presence and identify it is a manufacturing defect or defect due to poor storage/ workmanship at the dealer side. Regarding the same, I had registered a complaint in customer care through your toll free number; I received calls from the dealer as a response. They are insisting us to leave the vehicle in their custody. But we are really suspicious about the dealers function, so decided not to send it to the showroom again before a GM official sees the car.

After multiple calls to the dealer and GM Customer care, 2 times Deedi motors representatives visited my home to see the car and they are insisting us to leave the car with them. When we enquired what they want to do with the vehicle the General manager of Deedi motors told me that they will lightly rub the paint and then polish it again!!!! We clearly mentioned that we don’t require a defective car. The dealer is trying to convince us to repair the car and use it.

Now as there is no hope from GM side we are proceeding with taking the issue to the court. I never expect such a cheat from General motors dealer and after multiple mails and calls none of the GM official inspected the car or enquired the issue sorted out or not. So we are registering an FIR tomorrow.

This whole episode has left me embarrassed (as I was the one to refer the GM vehicle to my brother) and credentials of the GM dealerships and product a big suspect.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 28th May 2008 at 16:08.
Old 28th May 2008, 16:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

Take the matter very strongly with GM. The dealer is trying to cover up his loopholes and is not very successful. Dont leave the car at the dealers until GM's authorized rep takes a good look at the car. File a complaint in the consumer court and write to the media. You will see some prompt action from GM hopefully.

Last edited by n_aditya : 28th May 2008 at 16:14.
Old 28th May 2008, 16:11   #3
BHPian

i think you should take this to the consumer court.
Old 28th May 2008, 16:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

i think they might be given u a TD vehicle (because the speedo was not working).

keep us updated about the progress ...... consumer court is last option i guess .....
Old 28th May 2008, 16:18   #5
BHPian

Reading your post, I am very sorry to say that it seems a test/demo car is delivered to you. To prevent any denial from your side, they have regd it and delivered it on the same day that too at 10:00PM. Don't leave this matter and fight till the extend you can. Try to publish the matter in media. Wondering why GM is keeping mum on this. But what ever it is, I would say there's one fault from your side. You should have visited dealer and selected your car or atleast see your car before it was taken to RTO.

Last edited by redfire : 28th May 2008 at 16:20.
Old 28th May 2008, 16:24   #6
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Rahulkool;845643]i think they might be given u a TD vehicle (because the speedo was not working).
quote]

My guess is the same as others, TD car...!!!

Really sorry if this turns out to be true.
Old 28th May 2008, 16:29   #7
BHPian

and also dont forget to take the pictures for evidence just in case..
Old 28th May 2008, 16:32   #8
BHPian

HotChillyPepper,

Sorry to read about your experience.

Please take it up strongly with the dealer and GM, but without being rude. Patience can sometimes be a virtue. Important thing is to get your issues sorted, not teaching them a lesson

Here is GM's customer care email id : gmi.cac@gm.com, which you may already have.

I do not know of anyone who handles Kerala region but here is the id Mr Ravindra Hande, Zonal After Sales Manager at GM.

ravindra.hande@gm.com

Write a detailed mail to him and ask for the exact person to be contacted for your woes.

Again, don't rush to media or consumer court as yet. See what GM's response is. My experience is that they are fairly serious at taking up customer complaints, and this is a major one at that.
Old 28th May 2008, 16:33   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfire View Post
Reading your post, I am very sorry to say that it seems a test/demo car is delivered to you. To prevent any denial from your side, they have regd it and delivered it on the same day that too at 10:00PM. Don't leave this matter and fight till the extend you can. Try to publish the matter in media. Wondering why GM is keeping mum on this. But what ever it is, I would say there's one fault from your side. You should have visited dealer and selected your car or atleast see your car before it was taken to RTO.

Yes. We are already in contact with the media. They will be covering the news soon. We are planning to place the car in front of the Showroom and protest by put a banner about the issue.Let all the Customers of Deedi get to know about it.
Old 28th May 2008, 16:35   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
We are planning to place the car in front of the Showroom and protest by put a banner about the issue.Let all the Customers of Deedi get to know about it.
All the best. Do take a look at this : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ta-motors.html

Reason I am posting the above link is because the situation could turn ugly so prepare yourself well for any untoward incident from the GM dealer.
Old 28th May 2008, 16:40   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaAT View Post
HotChillyPepper,

Sorry to read about your experience.

Please take it up strongly with the dealer and GM, but without being rude. Patience can sometimes be a virtue. Important thing is to get your issues sorted, not teaching them a lesson

Here is GM's customer care email id : gmi.cac@gm.com, which you may already have.

I do not know of anyone who handles Kerala region but here is the id Mr Ravindra Hande, Zonal After Sales Manager at GM.

ravindra.hande@gm.com

Write a detailed mail to him and ask for the exact person to be contacted for your woes.

Again, don't rush to media or consumer court as yet. See what GM's response is. My experience is that they are fairly serious at taking up customer complaints, and this is a major one at that.
Thanks a lot. I willl mail him and see the response. Im already in touch with South Zone GM, but no positive reply till now. Atleast they should inspect the vehicle directly rather than sending Deedi motors people for negotiating with us to repaint it.
Old 28th May 2008, 16:53   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Thanks a lot. I willl mail him and see the response. Im already in touch with South Zone GM, but no positive reply till now. Atleast they should inspect the vehicle directly rather than sending Deedi motors people for negotiating with us to repaint it.
Its the same management that runs Deedi Bajaj, and i wouldn't be too surprised this happened.

I've had bad experience with Deedi Bajaj. After booking the bike, and waiting for almost two months, Overdrive magazine helped through Bajaj to deliver the bike. And next service, they ruined it by giving me a bike without engine oil!

Whats the status of paper work till now? What all documents they have signed?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 28th May 2008 at 16:55.
Old 28th May 2008, 17:02   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Whats the status of paper work till now? What all documents they have signed?
we have not filed it yet. Was waiting for the GM official yet. Every time they tried to play a prank by saying the official coming to visit us is a GM official. But when I asked for his designation in GM, email ID and phone number they are helpless saying I m not from GM . but from Deedi.
Old 28th May 2008, 17:23   #14
Senior - BHPian

Why dont you just tell them i will leave you if you replace the car with a newer one and my colour of choice,and how can you accept the car if he has not given you the choice of colour you wanted???
Old 28th May 2008, 19:38   #15
Senior - BHPian

Its evident from your post that you are handled over a Test Drive/Demo car.
Contact automobile magazines Overdrive/Autocar India and also get in touch with media. Be prepared for very bad and sometimes violent behaviour from dealership people.

OT:When going for booking, go just before the closing of dealership and take delivery in morning/afternoon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks