Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2008, 09:24   #31
BHPian

@hotchillypepper

when you email chevrolet . do send them the link to this thread also.
Old 30th May 2008, 14:39   #32
BHPian

Maybe start a blog or a Website to cover the issue.
Old 31st May 2008, 13:55   #33
BHPian

HotChillyPepper, very sad and scary situation. This is a clear case of cheating. I think they were having this test driven car and waiting for an unsuspecting customer. Probably your brother is a soft spoken person and a busy doctor, and they zeroed in on him.

Is it so easy to cheat? Don't they care for their reputation and law. Even more worrying is the manufaturer, GM who is keeping mum.

I hope you will not compromise and settle for anything less than a brand new car and your choice of color.
Old 9th June 2008, 19:36   #34
BHPian

Issue resolved

Folks,
Sorry for not logging in for a while, as I was tied up with shifting from Delhi to Bangalore (My dream City in India []).

Now regarding the car: Finally GM responded to the mails I sent... They have sent the After sales Technical support manager to my home to see the vehicle. Before that Deedi motors tried different means to settle the issue but we didn't accept it.
The GM guy finally came home and saw the vehicle. He promised us that it is not a manufacturing defect as the spots are only at the external part of the body, there is not spot in the Door lines , interior paint job etc and which is a clear indication that its some particle deposited during transit. He promised us to wash the car again in our presence. According to him all this issue happened becuz the car is been polished with out cleaning it properly, just before the delivery.

Anyways we thought if that is the case and just by a wash if it clears the issue we were ready to compromise on the color part. My brother was ready to take that color as this was his 2nd choice
9he had a confusion which to book ). we have taken the vehicle to Deedi Kollam service center and in front of us they have cleaned the vehicle with some special cleaning agent ( I really donno what that exactly is ). It was very effective and the entire spots are vanished. They have polished it with 3M coating and the vehicle become perfect.

One of the service engineer told that this happens sometime on some cars they get, but they will do the treatment before deliver it to the customer. So the customer will never get to know that there was some issue on the vehicle [].

The manager from GM was really helpful and took he entire responsibility if the spots remain the same after wash. He gave us assurance that he can do as we demands if the spots remain the same. He also admitted the protocol violation by Deedi motors in case of our vehicle delivery and will be taking the issue further to assure this will not happen with a second customer.

So we have taken the re-delivery ( yes he has taken the vehicle back done PDC again for us) and the car is perfect now. People who are thinking of dealing with Deedi, be a bit careful and check the vehicle very well before anything.

So we have stopped the proceedings with court notice.

Once again thanks a lot for the great support and time of every Team Bhpian for resolving the issue. In fact this thread is been read by GM officials and helped to resolve the issue quickly.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 9th June 2008 at 19:38.
Old 9th June 2008, 20:16   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
This whole episode has left me embarrassed (as I was the one to refer the GM vehicle to my brother) and credentials of the GM dealerships and product a big suspect.
This sounds real scary as I have booked an Optra Magnum LS from Deedi and is about to be delivered on 11 th Jun.
I thought they were better than the previous dealer (Anjaneya)

Anyway, It is nice to know that the issue has been solved amicably and Congrats on the new car!!
Old 9th June 2008, 21:49   #36
BHPian

Great to know that the issue is sorted out. Its really a horrendous experience when you find such faults in the new car, which would certainly make you lose your sleep.

Yes, I had followed the PDI instructions in team-bhp, and I feel everyone should be atleast spend some time on seeing the car before the registration.
Old 9th June 2008, 23:19   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
He gave us assurance that he can do as we demands if the spots remain the same.
Please do not trust words, and get things in writing!

Glad that everything has ended well!
Old 10th June 2008, 00:01   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prasidhi View Post
Yes, I had followed the PDI instructions in team-bhp, and I feel everyone should be atleast spend some time on seeing the car before the registration.
Yes... We should spread this message to friends and relatives... Its really bad not to use such an amazing free tool when we have it on our finger tips. I now know the value of it better than many on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris905 View Post
This sounds real scary as I have booked an Optra Magnum LS from Deedi and is about to be delivered on 11 th Jun.
I thought they were better than the previous dealer (Anjaneya)

Anyway, It is nice to know that the issue has been solved amicably and Congrats on the new car!!
Booking from anywhere is ok.. Provided you dont allow yourself to be cheated. . For that matter every dealer is the same. This is not a Good man's game.
Only one tumb rule you have to follow: Just close your ears to the sales guys and other staff from your dealership. You know what you are getting for your money. You know the pros and cons of it. And you have discussed the same with industry's best experienced guys about tht product on this forum. Make up your mind including the color choice and never ever ask the Showroom guys for their opinion and suggession. Just talk only about the price and freebies you aiming at. that will resolve around 95% of your purchase worries. Congrats on your new buy. Me too own one LS. You gonna have a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Please do not trust words, and get things in writing!

Glad that everything has ended well!
Thanks for the great support CD. You guys made me feel at home when I need the support at the most.
Old 10th June 2008, 10:05   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Finally GM responded to the mails I sent... They have sent the After sales Technical support manager to my home to see the vehicle.

..The manager from GM was really helpful and took he entire responsibility if the spots remain the same after wash. He gave us assurance that he can do as we demands if the spots remain the same. He also admitted the protocol violation by Deedi motors in case of our vehicle delivery and will be taking the issue further to assure this will not happen with a second customer.

..In fact this thread is been read by GM officials and helped to resolve the issue quickly.
Wow, great to see that GM responded and intervened in your case compassionately.

The assurance provided is expected that of a responsible company.

Way to go GM .
Old 10th June 2008, 10:58   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Booking from anywhere is ok.. Provided you dont allow yourself to be cheated. . For that matter every dealer is the same. This is not a Good man's game.
Only one tumb rule you have to follow: Just close your ears to the sales guys and other staff from your dealership. You know what you are getting for your money. You know the pros and cons of it. And you have discussed the same with industry's best experienced guys about tht product on this forum. Make up your mind including the color choice and never ever ask the Showroom guys for their opinion and suggession. Just talk only about the price and freebies you aiming at. that will resolve around 95% of your purchase worries. Congrats on your new buy. Me too own one LS. You gonna have a great time.
Well said. I am mostly worried about being delivered a car that is damaged or used. GM responding to your issue is a big relief, and i have heard that they run tight audits on dealerships to upkeep quality and service.
Keeping fingers crossed. Tomorrow is my delivery day
Old 10th June 2008, 13:46   #41
Senior - BHPian

Good that GM responded and you were able to settle things off.

Going ahead, do be careful (meaning- check properly) when giving and taking from the usual service. Do not take anything for granted.
Old 12th June 2008, 17:06   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal View Post
Wow, great to see that GM responded and intervened in your case compassionately.

The assurance provided is expected that of a responsible company.

Way to go GM .
Yes... GM know it better than anyone else now. Guys the image of our country is changing, at least from the MNCs perspective. This is going to be the next market and they will have to satisfy the customers here to do well. Its now our time to demand what we need. Never hesitate for it. There are people to listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris905 View Post
Well said. I am mostly worried about being delivered a car that is damaged or used. GM responding to your issue is a big relief, and i have heard that they run tight audits on dealerships to upkeep quality and service.
Keeping fingers crossed. Tomorrow is my delivery day
You are right. To seed the professionalism in Indian dealership is a real challenge for any outsider here. I feel our country also should have compulsory miletary training of alteast one year for all boys which will make us a better citizen. Best example of success in that practice is the growth of South Korea.

Wish u good luck on your new buy. Keep us posted about the buying process....
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Good that GM responded and you were able to settle things off.

Going ahead, do be careful (meaning- check properly) when giving and taking from the usual service. Do not take anything for granted.
Yes. It was a good lesson learned.
Old 12th June 2008, 17:22   #43
BHPian

I am very glad that your issue got solved fast. And GM response was really apprreaciated.

Hope all the manufactures follow the saame
Old 12th June 2008, 18:17   #44
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Today's Malayala Manorama has claimed that this incident when reported to them, forwarded it to GM people and got a response in three day's time due to their intervention.
Old 12th June 2008, 20:37   #45
BHPian

hotchillypepper - glad that your problem is resolved.
Kudos to GM

Most Viewed