Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2008, 12:15   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post

You are right. To seed the professionalism in Indian dealership is a real challenge for any outsider here. I feel our country also should have compulsory miletary training of alteast one year for all boys which will make us a better citizen. Best example of success in that practice is the growth of South Korea.

Wish u good luck on your new buy. Keep us posted about the buying process....

Yes. It was a good lesson learned.
I got my Magnum delivered day before yesterday. Well as expected, the delivery process wasnt smooth. I had opted for an ICY Blue LS and on the day before delivery when i went to the yard to check on the vehicle (i went un announced), i saw the car put up for wash. I was shocked to seats that the seats were completely greased (with use and not an occasional stain). The bumper had 2 big scratches on the front. The car definitely gave me a feel of a used one (not sure if test driven, they have a cashmere test car).

I called up the sales guy and told him i dont want this car. I quoted the incident reported in this thread and told him that i need a replacement car. To my surprise, the sales guy responded by saying "You can choose any magnum in the yard".

Next day i was told i will be given a white as ICY blue is not in stock. They had promised accessories worth 10k including parking sensor, spolier, art leather seats, chrome handles etc. But now they said they will fix them during the first service.

Long story short. I got the machine and it is spectacular. The comfort, the drive, the power, the torque. the car is addictive. maybe i will post the review in another thread.

I was spending 10.1 lakhs on a car and i wanted it to be new. I know that if i had not gone to the yard, i would have received the ICy blue magnum. I also know that lot of things happen during transit and they fix most before delivery. But i just did not want to take the ICY blue as i had seen it in bad shape. That might haunt me for long. White is lovely and is quite a show.

Team-BHP has inspired me a lot in making the decision to buy the magnum.
Thanks a lot to all of you!
Old 15th June 2008, 13:44   #47

Take him to consumer forum..GM deserves it. My car is a victim of poor build quality too..
Old 15th June 2008, 15:47   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris905 View Post
Congrats on the Magnum!
Old 15th June 2008, 20:44   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Today's Malayala Manorama has claimed that this incident when reported to them, forwarded it to GM people and got a response in three day's time due to their intervention.
Yes that is true. We have got a mail from GM Customercare after 3 days of MM enquire directly to GM's GM. But then again nothing was happening for a few days as the After sales manager was not available to fly from Chennai to my Home at Kollam. Then we had to move the papers at court and Deedi got information that things are going out of their hand. They also had received calls from SP office equiring the same. Then they dont have any option other than fasting up the ASM's travel to resolve the issue.
But Malayala Manorama's Query and Team BHP's link helped to move the case fast. Now a days beurocrats fear about only one thing in this world. That is Media.. Long Live Media and media freedom....

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 15th June 2008 at 20:50.
Old 15th June 2008, 21:11   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris905 View Post
I got my Magnum delivered day before yesterday. Well as expected, the delivery process wasnt smooth. I had opted for an ICY Blue LS and on the day before delivery when i went to the yard to check on the vehicle (i went un announced), i saw the car put up for wash. I was shocked to seats that the seats were completely greased (with use and not an occasional stain). The bumper had 2 big scratches on the front. The car definitely gave me a feel of a used one (not sure if test driven, they have a cashmere test car).

I called up the sales guy and told him i dont want this car. I quoted the incident reported in this thread and told him that i need a replacement car. To my surprise, the sales guy responded by saying "You can choose any magnum in the yard".

Next day i was told i will be given a white as ICY blue is not in stock. They had promised accessories worth 10k including parking sensor, spolier, art leather seats, chrome handles etc. But now they said they will fix them during the first service.

Long story short. I got the machine and it is spectacular. The comfort, the drive, the power, the torque. the car is addictive. maybe i will post the review in another thread.

I was spending 10.1 lakhs on a car and i wanted it to be new. I know that if i had not gone to the yard, i would have received the ICy blue magnum. I also know that lot of things happen during transit and they fix most before delivery. But i just did not want to take the ICY blue as i had seen it in bad shape. That might haunt me for long. White is lovely and is quite a show.

Thanks a lot to all of you!
First of all Congrats on your machine. Its a pre-run-in engine. But your break pads are not. You can cross the limits without any problem, but keep it in mind that your braking distance would not be as claimed. Have a safe drive.

Regarding Deedi: That is something GM has to work on very soon. The guys there are really unprofessional and careless as they are not bothered about any customer. We will never belive that its a Customer center of an MNC who is no 2 in observing Six Sigma worldwide.

But if Deedi has to improve they have to benchmark themself with other GM showrooms in India and accept what is lacking in them. That will never happen until the Management change their attitude.

Anyways, Your decision to go to the yard was really good and happy to know that TBHP help you to get the information prior to your buy. Its the right thing you did by selecting a fresh vehicle by compromising on Color part. Enjoy your car.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 15th June 2008 at 21:13.
Old 30th June 2008, 18:10   #51
BHPian

Guys,
It seems Deedi is getting really irritated by this thread. He is making multiple calls to my brother and requesting him to delete this thread as every customer coming their showroom enqire about this incedent. They are tired explaining their version of story it seems. One customer had commented that this was the first thread he was getting while Googling "Deedi Motors".

Folks, I dont have any intention of spoiling anyone's business, but at the same time belive that I am resposibile to keep fellow BHpians informed about the incedent and so that they will be cautious while dealing with them in future.

Just because of this thread our member Kris905 could avoid getting a damaged Magnum LS delivered to him by Deedi. After reading this post he had a suprise visit to garage and found the vehicle suppossed to be delivered to him had two big scratches on front bumper and Seats were soiled beyond cleanup.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 30th June 2008 at 18:13.
Old 30th June 2008, 19:14   #52
BHPian

He he. I wonder who that can be. Anyway, they are salesmen, so they can talk their way out of the mess that they made themselves.
Just tell your brother that he can do nothing about this, and that they should have treated their customers better.
Old 30th June 2008, 19:28   #53
BANNED

Quote:
Guys,
It seems Deedi is getting really irritated by this thread. He is making multiple calls to my brother and requesting him to delete this thread as every customer coming their showroom enqire about this incedent. They are tired explaining their version of story it seems. One customer had commented that this was the first thread he was getting while Googling "Deedi Motors".
Deedi Motors - Google Search

Serves them right for trying to cheat their customers. But the text highlighted is not entirely true, it's the 4th and 5th result to be precise Hehehe...

Last edited by Sankar : 30th June 2008 at 19:29.
Old 30th June 2008, 19:35   #54
BHPian

Serves them right. I suggest you dont close this thread till all issues are sorted.
Old 30th June 2008, 19:39   #55
Senior - BHPian

If they were so concerned then they should not have tried to cheat Kris also! They just want to make sure that the next person who walks in should be mis-informedto be cheated!!!

Tell them to do something nice to customers, that is treat customers as 'customers', and that will also be reflected here.
Old 30th June 2008, 20:11   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Deedi Motors - Google Search

Serves them right for trying to cheat their customers. But the text highlighted is not entirely true, it's the 4th and 5th result to be precise Hehehe...
At this point of time You are right. It is 4th/5th. It is because Googles Indexing by counting the number of users clicked on the search results for a particular search key word.

For example when I search for "Used Cars in India" Google will give me a set of search results based on previous user preference. This is done by keep a watch on which search result the other users were clicking first for the same search word/phrase(Its a very complicated algorithm based on many factors, I am making it really simple to put it up here). Based on that user click count for a particular search word/phrase the page will be moved up/down. This will make sure that that particular word/phrase is getting the most relevant result at next search. Isn't that smart? That is how Google differ from other search engines. So some point of time this thread must had been getting maximum hit and so it was at top
Old 30th June 2008, 20:24   #57
BHPian

Funny, I get that as the second result
Cheating by Deedi Motors Trivandrum (Defective Spark Delivered)-deedi.jpg

Hope that they realize that the way to go forward is to treat customers better. cheers:

ps: I fogot to get this in the pic. Results 1 - 10 of about 335 for Deedi Motors. Out of that the top links are killing them.

Last edited by srijit : 30th June 2008 at 20:26.
Old 30th June 2008, 23:54   #58
BHPian

thats amazing that how a simple tread in a forum can do wonders, next time there me no reason to go to consumer court,what say
Old 1st July 2008, 00:50   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys, It seems Deedi is getting really irritated by this thread.
haha! Tell them the thread gives all the details, including how the rectified the mistake.

PS- If deedi is reading this thread: it would have been a very happy ending if you could have given a new Spark without so many 'visits' by GM people!

By the way, since the problem has been solved, may be the MODS could edit the title to include that also.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 1st July 2008 at 00:56.
Old 1st July 2008, 10:08   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
...PS- If deedi is reading this thread: it would have been a very happy ending if you could have given a new Spark without so many 'visits' by GM people! ...
That would have been in a perfect world! (or atleast where the concerned people had some professionalism in them!)

If not for this thread, I do not think that HotChillyPepper would have got at least the attention he has got now for the issue faced.

Most Viewed