Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2008, 23:38   #31
Senior - BHPian

goswami ji, points taken, all said, palio1.6 is bang for the buck. and even if it costs 1kpl lesser, that means he spends like maybe 500 bucks a month more for performance of a car several lakhs more (in initial purchase and later maint/repairs) - not to mention savings on loan.

Vidushak saab, so are you all smiles with the 1.6 now?
Old 15th June 2008, 00:50   #32
Team-BHP Support

@Vidhushak: You have only posted that you are going ahead with the deal? What are the final terms? When is the delivery? Do you have to pay for the price increase?
Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
How can you say that? Do you own a Palio 1.6?

1.6 gives a FE of 10-11 kmpl in City and 15-16 kmpl on highways
AFAIK, neither do you. So what makes the statement more authentic?

Guys, its not a what car thread. He has decided on the car- and its a Palio 1.6!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 15th June 2008 at 00:52.
Old 15th June 2008, 11:11   #33

Final terms remain the same as I have negotiated while making the payment, 4.8 on-road. The so called price rise will not be applicable to me.

The documents would be submitting to Shaman on the morning of Monday for octroi and RTO registration formalities. I will personally do a test drive and PDI on Tuesday. Car will go for registration on Wed and number will arrive following morning.

Exactly a month of long wait, 19 Jun eve would be the delivery of the car. I have my fingers crossed.
Old 15th June 2008, 12:30   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

@crazy driver - I think he posted it before that he doesnt have to pay the extra amount on delivery.
Old 20th June 2008, 11:09   #35

Took her home

Taken the delivery of the beauty on Thursday.

I was planning to do an extensive PDI using teambhp check list. She was parked outside in the corner and looked stunning. In the morning, did a quick scan and small test drive around Worli sea face due to important meeting lined-up in the afternoon at office. No doubt she is the one you want to take home and spend rest of your life. Everything looks to be in proper order except the odo read 80 km. (Explanation: Car been driven from Panvel godown and for registration at Andheri) Gifted the sales guy with a real expensive pen; he got little embarrassed and seems happy.

Later in the eve after documentation, pooja and tank-fill; started for home @ 7.30 pm. She handled the stop-go traffic with ease. After spending first evening with her, i believe the wait was worth it.

We are going to do a very short trip over weekend visiting my parents. Hope they like her too. More to come later as we get to know each other.

Cheers
Old 20th June 2008, 12:45   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidushak View Post

I was planning to do an extensive PDI using teambhp check list. She was parked outside in the corner and looked stunning. In the morning, did a quick scan and small test drive around Worli sea face due to important meeting lined-up in the afternoon at office. No doubt she is the one you want to take home and spend rest of your life. Everything looks to be in proper order except the odo read 80 km. (Explanation: Car been driven from Panvel godown and for registration at Andheri) Gifted the sales guy with a real expensive pen; he got little embarrassed and seems happy.

Later in the eve after documentation, pooja and tank-fill; started for home @ 7.30 pm. She handled the stop-go traffic with ease. After spending first evening with her, i believe the wait was worth it.

We are going to do a very short trip over weekend visiting my parents. Hope they like her too. More to come later as we get to know each other.

Cheers

congrats man, glad you went ahead in the end have fun
Old 3rd July 2008, 11:30   #37
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers
Congrats after being so much pained with the dealership experience...It was a right choice in the end however in all i've heard till now....Shaman are quite better than Fortune and Wasan in Mumbai/Navi Mumbai.

Can you please pen down the complete details of your purchase and also what all freebies you got along with it?

Thanks n cheers!~
Old 3rd July 2008, 11:36   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats man. the 1.6 will not disappoint you in terms of sheer driving pleasure. everyone who has owned or driven a 1.6 falls in love with the car.

Fiat A.S.S is another thing tough :-)

Congrats buddy.. do put up some pictures.
Old 3rd July 2008, 12:01   #39
BHPian

@vidushak:
Congrats!!!
Now that the bitter part of the FIAT experience is behind you, I guess you should look forward to some real good motoring with the 1.6.
Happy Motoring!!!
Old 3rd July 2008, 12:06   #40
Senior - BHPian

Hey Vidushak, Congratulations on your red beauty. The Palio is an excellent car and I'm sure she'll serve you well for years to come. Drive safely !!!
Old 3rd July 2008, 12:35   #41
BHPian

Congrats Buddy. Nice choice. I have been driving this car for 2 yrs now and she is hot.
Old 3rd July 2008, 12:35   #42
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers
@Vidushak.. Congrats and enjoy the car. I am enjoying it every day
Old 3rd July 2008, 12:51   #43
BANNED

The booking and despatch process at Tata dealerships has been explained in this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...t-now-tdi.html

See more than a couple of pages into the thread.
Old 11th August 2008, 01:30   #44
BANNED

Hey vidushak,

What insurance providers were you offered, whom did you go with and what did it cost ya'
What freebies did you avail from the dealer?

And yeah, how about posting some pictures of your ride!

Most Viewed