Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2008, 02:38   #151
BHPian

Trust me .. there is no point sending an email to the hondacarindia . they just forward that email to honda trivandrum that is peninsular honda and ask them to do a check on that .
i have an honda accord which had an issue with its display and i had written to honda but they just forward the email to local dealer .

ps : no action was taken and in time i had to repair it by paying those people

penisular honda after sales is sooo bad trust me i am just on the verge of selling my car
spent like 3 to 4 lakhs last year just on parts and labour which i felt was insane .

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th July 2008 at 03:26. Reason: Please put a space after punctuation marks only, not before!
Old 28th July 2008, 05:14   #152
BHPian

Take it up the Japan/US management

He should call or contact the Japan management directly. Only that would help. The details are at their website. Get all possible e-mail id's and mark cc with the same content which could be cut and pasted from the team bhp site itself. Let the mail circulate through all Foreign dealers, distributors and whoever has some relationship with Honda. That will wake up somebody somewhere!!!
Old 30th July 2008, 10:01   #153
Senior - BHPian

@jmathew, do we have any updates from your end? Hope you started off following on the lines of what rahuldeodhar had said...
Old 30th July 2008, 11:10   #154
Senior - BHPian

I was wondering about an answer for the same !! That too such a long post with not a single line connected to the issue on this thread ! Hope its not posted on the wrong thread.

Any latest update about the issue ? I am checking this thread with all interest just because Honda CRV is in my shortlisted list of next buy within a month. If service and customer satisfaction is that bad, it would make me consider something else. Please post the updates as it will help many. Thanks.
Old 30th July 2008, 11:14   #155
BANNED

You are in Bangalore, where there are 3 dealers. I don't think you should worry about what happens in Trivandrum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I am checking this thread with all interest just because Honda CRV is in my shortlisted list of next buy within a month. If service and customer satisfaction is that bad, it would make me consider something else. Please post the updates as it will help many. Thanks.
Old 30th July 2008, 11:17   #156
Senior - BHPian

I am wondering if it will be stretching it too far if BHPians kept off Honda until jmathew is given an acceptable solution...
Old 30th July 2008, 11:28   #157
Senior - BHPian

Information is knowledge and the more you get, it doesnt harm you. Dealers selling demo vehicles as new ones, repainted ones (damaged in pre-delivery transit) as fault-free, mechanically troubling ones as showroom piece etc. are stories from all over the country. You can be a victim to any of these, regardless of where you reside, depending on your time and luck ! Taking some extra precaution armed with information is something either useful to oneself or to someone close. Just my opinion. I am not judging any dealers, but when business is highly competitive, meeting targets at deadlines, any dealer can think of short cuts and less harmful tricks. cheers:
Old 30th July 2008, 12:02   #158
Senior - BHPian

Diabloo,

I think Sahju is concerned as a prospect not only as what to expect from a Honda dealer but also what to expect from Honda itself if a issue arises.

If the company, Honda, had some proper working ehtics they would have taken up the issue with the dealers and sorted it out. No reason why a person should pay and end up with a damaged piece.

OT: Looks like the title change is having its effect on Google. Now this thread shows up as the 14th result when searched for "Peninsular Honda" in Google! Previously is was not even on the 10th page!!!
Old 30th July 2008, 18:21   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
@jmathew, do we have any updates from your end? Hope you started off following on the lines of what rahuldeodhar had said...
Yes, I am started on the similar lines.

I have got the reply(in written) from the dealer saying that there were some hairline scratches and they have applied spray paints in the affected areas. That was the reason of discolouration. They also said such painting does not affect the quality of the car and its value!

I talked to a few honda officials, they were also saying that replacement of the car is not possible. In such situations what they will do is to repaint or replace the parts.

There was a report in asianet news about this issue on 29/07.
Old 30th July 2008, 19:20   #160
BHPian

great - hope you managed to record that news and they did show the discoloration of the car on tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmathew View Post

I have got the reply(in written) from the dealer saying that there were some hairline scratches and they have applied spray paints in the affected areas. That was the reason of discolouration. They also said such painting does not affect the quality of the car and its value!

I talked to a few honda officials, they were also saying that replacement of the car is not possible. In such situations what they will do is to repaint or replace the parts.

Old 30th July 2008, 20:57   #161
Senior - BHPian

Just one question jmathew, if you noticed the discolouration before taking delivery and refused to take a vehicle in that condition, would the dealer give you a different car ? I am curious to know what made the dealer to reject a replacement. Is it because you have taken the delivery and used the car ? Or the registration and other records had already been completed in your name, making the process of replacement tough ? Please dont ignore my question, I am considering a Honda next month.
Old 30th July 2008, 21:09   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just one question jmathew, if you noticed the discolouration before taking delivery and refused to take a vehicle in that condition, would the dealer give you a different car ? I am curious to know what made the dealer to reject a replacement. Is it because you have taken the delivery and used the car ? Or the registration and other records had already been completed in your name, making the process of replacement tough ? Please dont ignore my question, I am considering a Honda next month.
They would have not given replacement, whereas they would have said that it some cleaning problem and the next day they wpould have changed the defective part and would have delivered the same vehicle to him and say (Mtv Bakra)..........

The dealers will teach you how to cheat and they will never get cheated.
Old 30th July 2008, 21:23   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Please post a Youtube video of the news if you can. Were the discolorations shown in the news?
Old 31st July 2008, 15:55   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Shaju, dealer is still trying to convince me that the vehicle is still in perfect condition apart from the minor discolouration in some places. They are ready to work on the vehicle until it is perfect as straight from the factory. They said they will replace any part which is found defective. When I asked about the replacement of the car, they said it is not possible. May be it is for both the reasons you mentioned and they dont want to loose any money.

According to the honda officials, they are giving a warranty for such problems. They will consider the replacement only if there is a major damage.

For them it is not uncommon to repaint and sell the car. One person from the dealership told me that they sold an accord with door repainted recently. They receive very few complaints, so they think that it is right to do so.
Old 31st July 2008, 16:42   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When I asked about the replacement of the car, they said it is not possible. May be it is for both the reasons you mentioned and they dont want to loose any money.

According to the honda officials, they are giving a warranty for such problems. They will consider the replacement only if there is a major damage.

For them it is not uncommon to repaint and sell the car. One person from the dealership told me that they sold an accord with door repainted recently. They receive very few complaints, so they think that it is right to do so.

Have the Honda officials clarified why was such a problem there in the first place ?
How can they come to the conclusion that there is no major damage ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks