Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2008, 17:05   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Have the Honda officials clarified why was such a problem there in the first place ?
There was no answer given for this question despite of many enquires. Some put blame on the birds. Also they say that there are chances of minor scratches during transit. It is there policy to repaint the affected areas!
Old 31st July 2008, 21:02   #167
BHPian

my opinion sir : tell them to replace all the parts and ask for a big compensation ...(projector lights, etc..)
Old 31st July 2008, 21:44   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmathew View Post

There was no answer given for this question despite of many enquires. Some put blame on the birds. Also they say that there are chances of minor scratches during transit. It is there policy to repaint the affected areas!
Its easier to speak than to act, but I would suggest that you take them to court.

First of all they are not ready to give you reason behind the damage. Then they say " could be " because of transit damage. If the car was damaged during transit, then why they did not inform you about the repainting.

The should be information flow to you in any case.

Second thing is that generally the cars are repainted in a quality manner, not like what the photographs suggest. You have the right to know the real reason.

If possible, please record the conversations. They can be very, very helpful.
Old 31st July 2008, 22:47   #169
BHPian

Hey what happened with the report on asianet news. how did the dealers react?
Old 1st August 2008, 09:40   #170
BHPian

My two cents

Dear JR,

I have been following this thread - and below are two cents from my understanding of the problem.

I think you should first dispute if the car had "minor" + "in transit" damages. Based on your "panchnama" you should indicate that this cannot be "minor" damage related to transit or likewise.

Secondly you should indicate to them that you are worrying about any hidden "major damage" and therefore Honda should replace the vehicle.

The condition is - if it was minor and it was corrected - then you would not notice it. This implies that there was something major and while covering it up few minor things have been left behind.

Also I believe, you are at critical stage here - there are two options - one go to consumer court and second bargain for goodies from dealer and then say bye-bye to those fellows once and for all.

Going to the court and the allied processes cost time (and money - but time is rarer amongst the two). So now its time to make a tough choice.

If you choose to bargain - go for full guarantee with parts+labor-including plastics and glass - rather than for projector headlights and others (the choice is yours - but first is headache pill). Also get Honda guys to inspect the car from other dealer to verify if the parts are genuine - this they should do if they genuinely know what happened with your car.

In my opinion dealer or honda wont negotiate "substantially" unless there is a notice from consumer court. Either way do not take half measures.

Best luck

RD
Old 1st August 2008, 11:45   #171
BHPian

Rahul,
My lawyer adviced me to use the car and proceed to file a case. So I have to do first service. Till now I couldnt get it certified with an authorised surveyor. In kerala there is only one dealer, so I have to take the car to them for service. What I am planning is to give the car for service and personally inspect what they do. Do you think this will be OK?
Old 1st August 2008, 11:45   #172
BHPian

Hey mathew i donn know in trivandrum but in cochin we have a second dealer for honda and it is koyenco and is like 4 building away from peninsular honda .
i dant know whether its of any help for you but i know there is major completion between the two and koyenco is tryin to pull loads of customers.
I was really looking forward for a second dealer.
Old 1st August 2008, 12:05   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithnk View Post
Hey what happened with the report on asianet news. how did the dealers react?
I havent got any response from them after that. Heard that they warned asianet and its reporter and to take legal action against them.
Old 1st August 2008, 13:25   #174
BHPian

Dear JM,

If you have no alternative - extensively photograph the car - particularly the areas where dispute might arise - before the service

Also note that your fight is not against the smudgy spots on the car - it is a worry about entire car being defective that you are not sure of the quality any more.

And if this was regular happening, why cover up - why not disclose up front that yes there was in-transit damage - it was slight - hence we re-painted it and delivered to you. Why not this simple? Since they covered up - there must be something to hide. What are they hiding?

What more have these guys covered up - is the engine from honda - is the brake assembly OEM - are the wheel bearings original - is the transmission tampered. You are not an expert and these dealers are so you are scared about what they have done to your car. You do not want your wife/brother/mother/father etc traveling in that car as it might be unsafe! What am I paying my hard earned money for this?

That would be my problem.

I guess for all of us - it highlights the importance of checklists that are there in the forum.

Note - even if you are compromising dont take back the case. Rather make a submission to the effect that "the dealer promises to make some correction hence I am not pressing forward with the case" (your lawyer will draft it better in legal sense of course) but it should not read like "I am satisfied with compensation ..blah ..blah .. (sorry mods - legal language all sounds like this!) I hope you get the essence.

Keep us posted.

RD

Last edited by rahuldeodhar : 1st August 2008 at 13:26.
Old 1st August 2008, 13:27   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Hey mathew i donn know in trivandrum but in cochin we have a second dealer for honda and it is koyenco and is like 4 building away from peninsular honda .
i dant know whether its of any help for you but i know there is major completion between the two and koyenco is tryin to pull loads of customers.
I was really looking forward for a second dealer.
Sujith, I dont see koyenko in hondacarindia site. Do you have any experience with them? How is their service facility?
Old 1st August 2008, 14:07   #176
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sujit,

> cochin we have a second dealer for honda and it is koyenco and is like 4
> building away from peninsular honda .

Sure? The last time I saw this Koyenco was for BMW and not Honda.

I would definitely anyy second dealer for my City's service, though I have no issues with Peninsular at the moment.

The Honda site still lists only Peninsular Honda for Cochin as the dealer.
Old 2nd August 2008, 10:19   #177
Senior - BHPian

jmathew - why dont you try Sundaram Honda from Madurai? I know it is like a 6 hours journey, but that seems to be the other alternative closest to Trivandrum...
Old 4th August 2008, 13:39   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi Sujit,

> cochin we have a second dealer for honda and it is koyenco and is like 4
> building away from peninsular honda .

Sure? The last time I saw this Koyenco was for BMW and not Honda.

I would definitely anyy second dealer for my City's service, though I have no issues with Peninsular at the moment.

The Honda site still lists only Peninsular Honda for Cochin as the dealer.

Koyenko has both bmw and honda . honda dealership they just got last month so i guess during the hondacarsindia sites next update they will olso feature on their authorized dealers list

as of now they do take Honda cars for service and the honda service station is on way to aluva at a place called MUTTAM . its very close to tip top furnishing and on the left side on way to aluva from cochin .

I should be giving my V6 for next service there so i have no first hand information regarding how they are.

thanks
Old 7th August 2008, 15:43   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Koyenko has both bmw and honda .
thanks
This is really a good news. I did my service in Peninsular Honda without much issues. Probably I will do my next service in Koyenko.

Thanks
Old 7th August 2008, 16:01   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Koyenko has both bmw and honda . honda dealership they just got last month so i guess during the hondacarsindia sites next update they will olso feature on their authorized dealers list

as of now they do take Honda cars for service and the honda service station is on way to aluva at a place called MUTTAM . its very close to tip top furnishing and on the left side on way to aluva from cochin .

I should be giving my V6 for next service there so i have no first hand information regarding how they are.

thanks
Are you referring to the new galaxy honda showroom? If yes, have they started operations?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed