Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2008, 00:08   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Anyone who search for a Honda product on Google will get JWMathew's case first.I m sure , Honda must have lost atleast 10 deals due to the awareness we created about Honda's low Customer attension in India. It would have costed them 1/5th of the amount if they had accepted their fault and given a replacement. Honda should understand the fact that : Even in India nowadays Customer is the KING. Be loyal, you may get rewarded.
I still don't know why Honda never looks at the bigger picture .
Even i faced loads of issues and its like i don't care attitude by most people especially on higher post .
Old 4th September 2008, 03:43   #272
BHPian

Its been 5 days you put in a word JM. Do let us know the progress on the case. Hope you have something favourable to share in the near future.
Old 4th September 2008, 06:52   #273
BHPian

I just read thru most portions of this thread. A consumer case is indeed the way to go. I hope Mathew has a good lawyer. It should be fairly easy to establish in the court that the dealer gave an old car after doing a shoddy repaint job. And that this fact was deliberately withheld from the buyer. Only caution here is that the dealer should trying to manipulate the case as all of this happened after delivery – work with the lawyer to plug all loopholes here. Once this is done, it is only a question of court deciding on the damages – you can ask for a replacement, compensation for mental agony and reimbursement of legal expenses. Consumer courts generally tone down these demands slightly – but in the end you will get something in your favor.

Good luck with the case and keep updated on the progress
Old 9th September 2008, 12:23   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentsmith2 View Post
Request: Mods, please edit & obfuscate Vivek's email id. It will contribute more spam to him from spambots. I hope Google doesn't index this.
Thanks a ton agentsmith..Completely forgot about that
Old 10th September 2008, 20:39   #275
BHPian

Any update JM? Do keep us updated about the progress of your case
Old 12th September 2008, 10:59   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furobiker View Post
Any update JM? Do keep us updated about the progress of your case
We have filed the case in the consumer court. I am waiting for any update from the lawyer about the case. I will keep you updated about the progress.
Old 12th September 2008, 11:14   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmathew View Post
We have filed the case in the consumer court. I am waiting for any update from the lawyer about the case. I will keep you updated about the progress.
Yippe! Now we cant wait to see your new Honda in immaculate condition rolling down the road
Old 12th September 2008, 11:21   #278
BANNED

Quote:
We have filed the case in the consumer court.
State or district?

twintycharacter Trivia - In Kerala, the Chairman of the State commission is provided with a Skoda Octy; All members of the district forum together have to share an Amby. ;-)
Old 12th September 2008, 12:58   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes please. But be a bit more prudent with the updates. Wasnt there somebody on the forum who took the dealer's side?? I wouldnt want him/her to report back to the dealer with all the updates from your side !!
Old 12th September 2008, 13:13   #280
BHPian

I believe you can just highlight the details which you think you can share across, rather than all the information as the case is in court now. Be discreet
Old 12th September 2008, 16:07   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

@JM : Finally some action. Can you make a total synopsis of your case so that any of our friends here who have ear of media can use it?
Old 15th September 2008, 07:12   #282
BHPian

Thats a great move. Im sure you will get justice. JM, Here on be cool with your postings. Each and everything you write will be read by Honda.
Old 16th September 2008, 19:01   #283
BHPian

Any update?
I need to buy a new car within 10 lacs. Had my eyes on the City but after reading about honda, and their attitude Im not even going to their showroom until they fix this!
Fix the problems that these people face rather than try and cover this up.
Old 19th September 2008, 09:35   #284
BHPian

I felt sorry for what happened to you Mathew Sir. Leave out the dealer but cant believe such reputed company like Honda does not care about Customer Service .

Hope you fight it and win not just a New replacement but also a compensation for all the mental torture you have gone through.
Old 19th September 2008, 09:45   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
From what you have described so far, it seems like its a touch up job. I wouldn't go as far as saying that your Civic is an ex-testdrive car. But cars sometimes get damaged in transit or within dealership premises. Carbon bronze isn't an easy colour to match correctly either. I would be pissed off, because I would expect the dealership to be honest upfront with me.

This is why we insist that our comprehensive pre-delivery inspection list is referred to by new car owners. However, since you have already taken delivery of the car, perhaps a sweetner from the dealer would do?
GTO Sir, First let me apologise if I am raising a dumbest question.

I know we cant do much once the car is registered and when my friend bought his new Marina, I asked him to go check the car before registration. The dealers was very reluctant to allow this or TD the car that is supposed to be delivered for him.

The cars at the dealer's garage was nasty. People at that place did not even know which car was due for registration. He asked them to check with the sales rep he dealt with and finally they showed him one car. He asked them to clean it inspection. They made him wait claiming some reason and finally it was an hour before he could do a inspection.

Any suggestions.

I feel that dealers would purposely delay or prevent such inspection.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks