Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2008, 17:38   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmathew View Post
I would like to give an update on the things happend for that last few weeks for this issue. I got the vehicle inspected with an expert and it is evident that the car has some repainting in the door, back side bumper, front bumper. The bonnet is completely repainted. The car has a dent in the door and in the bonnet. The dealer peninsular honda and honda says they will replace the parts at their cost. They are not ready to replace the car. I am going to the court for the cheat. Friends, Please careful while taking delivery of the car. If you want to know more about the case please mail me.
Sue the dealer. Report it to news media.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th July 2008 at 17:51.
Old 4th July 2008, 22:24   #32
Senior - BHPian

The dealer took you for a ride?
What next ?
Old 4th July 2008, 22:55   #33
BHPian

Dear Friend ... Sad to hear about it ... I am Mohit from Chandigarh ... similar case happened with me also when i bought my car .. if u want to know more about it kindly contact me on 09876112255....

Surely something can be worked out....
Old 5th July 2008, 03:21   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron View Post
Sue the dealer. Report it to news media.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.
Oops, sorry about the language. I'll watch what I type in the future.
Old 8th July 2008, 09:09   #35
Senior - BHPian

Mathew, any updates?

@Mods, can you change the title appropriately?
This is a clear case of dealer cheating a customer.
Old 8th July 2008, 09:58   #36
GTO
Team-BHP Support

You bet its a case of cheating! Shame on Honda and the dealership. Jmathew, please study this article and let us know of any which way that we can help.

Push for a new car, and a new car only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
@Mods, can you change the title appropriately?
This is a clear case of dealer cheating a customer.
Changed. I am also adding this link on our home page.

Last edited by GTO : 8th July 2008 at 10:04.
Old 8th July 2008, 13:13   #37
BHPian

Litigation won : Maruti refunded full price of the car

Please look at this link, this may help you and your lawyer -

Moneycontrol India :: News :: Maruti Udyog & Cargo Motors to refund full price of car :: ICICI Bank :: Press- Market :: Consumer Education Research and Society ,Maruti Udyog,Cargo Motors ,Sujata V. Sur,ICICI Bank, RTO tax,insurance, octroi, registrat

The link says how the customer won the case (not same like you but similar) against the dealer and Maruti.
Old 8th July 2008, 13:38   #38
BHPian

Write to Honda

Hi
Not sure if you have already written to Honda but if not, here's an e mail address which might be of assistance to you

customer_relations@hondacarindia.com (there's an underscore in between customer and relations)

Hope it helps
Cheers!
M2S
Old 8th July 2008, 13:40   #39
Senior - BHPian

I think the metallic colour does look slightly different in various places. Cannot comment on your car though. Have you got teflon.
Old 8th July 2008, 14:04   #40
Senior - BHPian

This takes the cake! We talk about our Tata's and Maruti's and what do we have here - Honda also! Least expected from a company (dealer) as this!!!

Mathew, go for a new car. Settle for nothing less. For the amount of work that has been done, it look like something major happened.

Did you ask for the copy of the communication that the dealer supposedly sent to Honda?
Old 8th July 2008, 14:54   #41
BHPian

Shocking. This is very disappointing. A Honda dealer doing this is astonishing.

You should pursue the case and make it a very public issue so that all dealers irrespective of which brand they are selling wake up and take notice.

After the Deedi case and numerous other ones we have seen in the recent times, I think you should harness the power of internet and its forums like this and also the print and electronic media to full effect. Shake them at the foundation so that they dont resort to such things.

Its quite scary now - Prospects of paying up 10L plus for a car and get cheated like this are not uncommon anymore
Old 8th July 2008, 16:17   #42
BHPian

Honda or maruti or TATA or whatever- There are always dealers who want to make a quick buck.

All the best buddy for your efforts to get a new car
Old 8th July 2008, 18:12   #43
BHPian

Commiserations jmathew. I really didnt expect this from Honda.
I got my car a couple of weeks back, a Maruti Swift. At the time of delivery, i spotted a tiny half cm scratch on the front bumper of the car. When i pointed it out to the sales exec, they changed the entire front bumper assembly in front of me in 15 mins. Never thought i would say this, but maybe Honda can learn a lesson from Maruti.
Though i feel, its a dealer trying to fool you, Honda must certainly do something to maintain its image and reputation.
Old 8th July 2008, 21:19   #44
BHPian

Its clear that the Dealer repainted the door to cover up the damage happend during transit. But normally they paint the entire panel, in your case they saved the extra paint to do that and done a quick fix. They have informed you that the case is already been reported to Honda. Did you get any direct call from Honda? If they have lodged a defect token in your name, i am damn sure Honda Customer support ( I believe its in Haryana / UP)you get a confirmation call. ASk them to send a copy of the email they have sent to Honda.

They act as if even if you take the issue to court they dont have anything to do with it. but be cool with it. They will get the heat when you moving the right direction. As a first step, ask the sales guy to give the showroom owners / Managers number talk to him directly. And clearly (be 200% confident yourself, otherwise its a flop show) tell him this is a damage happend during transit / storage and Honda will never ship a car with patches on the body. Listen to them what is the solution they offering you. Still if they are not listening to what you have to tell, we will have to take the issue to media. As you are from TVM I can help you on this. PM me if you need any help to contact Malayala manorama and channels.

I believe the car dont have any other issue as you mentioned its arrived just 3 days before the delivery. If the source of that information is dependable ask them to get a factory painted Door (if you are happy with it ). Or ask for a full replacement. And if they are accepting that, tell them not to open the packing of the door until you inspect. And confirm that the door is painted at factory and shipped for you to the show room with the Customer support. Hope this helps.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 8th July 2008 at 21:27.
Old 8th July 2008, 21:36   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
...I believe the car dont have any other issue as you mentioned its arrived just 3 days before the delivery. If the source of that information is dependable ask them to get a factory painted Door (if you are happy with it )...
With so little truth being told for other critical things, I do not think this '3 days before' story is true. It might be just that, a story!

If you want to know the actual date, you can always ask for the goods receipt note or transportation sheet. it should have the vehicle details and the date of transport.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed