Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2008, 16:12   #1
BHPian

Peninsular Honda sells me a *new* repainted Honda Civic 1.8 V

Greetings to all! I am a newby here. I got my CIVIC (Carbon Bronze) last week. I have a few doubts to ask. I booked the Car in June and the car delivered to me is manufactured in Feb 08. Is this normal?

I have an another issue about the paint. On the driver side door, there is a slight change in color. The color has a slight faiding, which is in a circe around 10cm diameter. It can be hardly noticed. But it is obvious when it reflects sun. I asked the service executive and he told that it is normal that there can be slight change in color in some places. Is thir normal? Has somebody else has the similar experience?
Old 18th June 2008, 16:22   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmathew View Post
I asked the service executive and he told that it is normal that there can be slight change in color in some places. Is thir normal? Has somebody else has the similar experience?
What does he mean slight change in colour is normal? The car paint should be uniform when we take delivery to say the least. I suggest you get back to the dealer immediately and bring it to his notice.
Also, please post a few more details like how many days ago did you take delivery,etc. This will help the folks on the forum to suggest the best way to go forward.
Old 18th June 2008, 16:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have an another issue about the paint. On the driver side door, there is a slight change in color. The color has a slight faiding, which is in a circe around 10cm diameter. It can be hardly noticed. But it is obvious when it reflects sun. I asked the service executive and he told that it is normal that there can be slight change in color in some places. Is thir normal? Has somebody else has the similar experience?
This is not normal for a 11 L car!
Old 18th June 2008, 16:42   #4
Senior - BHPian

Please post pictures and Feb08 manufactured vehicle seems to be too old tobe delivered in June.

Something is definitely wrong here!!!
Old 18th June 2008, 16:43   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

I think there must have been some scratch,etc and they refinished. the color difference can be made out only at certain angles and certain lighting conditions. Factory finish will not have color differences like you mentioned.

If you notice similar color differences anywhere else and on a larger area, it might have been major repair job.

Otherwise it is too late to worry about such minor things after registration,etc. Scratches are part and parcel of owning a car here.

so forget these issues and enjoy your car!!!

Welcome to the forum, btw.
Old 18th June 2008, 16:47   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I asked the service executive and he told that it is normal that there can be slight change in color in some places. Is thir normal? Has somebody else has the similar experience?
It is ridiculous that the service executive should say that and for a car which is selling as well as Civic, Feb manufacture is quite old and it sounds fishy.
Ask the service exec to show another new car in the showroom which exhibits change in color in some places.

However, Civic is an extremely reliable and well built car so now that the deed is done, enjoy the car
Old 18th June 2008, 16:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
However, Civic is an extremely reliable and well built car so now that the deed is done, enjoy the car

Now as the car has been registered, there is no need to worry and as far as I think nothing can be done about it. They are not going to change the car.

Further as far as there is no manufacturing (mechanical defect) you should be satisfied.
Also as you cannot acertin whether the scratch/bump was because of the negligence of the dealer or the company. So I would say that you definitely write to the company, but dont expect bug results.
Old 18th June 2008, 17:25   #8
Senior - BHPian

So even HONDA dealers play dirty games....
Old 18th June 2008, 17:29   #9
BHPian

The car is very good in every other aspects.

I talked to the service person and he says that if there is a defect Then it should be a manufacturing defect so they will repaint under warrenty.

I took the delivery just one week (10th June).

I do not have an idea what to do about it.
Old 18th June 2008, 17:31   #10
Senior - BHPian

He/they are taking you for a ride.
Color fade for a 12lac plus car? and you get a Feb model?

And FYI, Honda Tvm gets their cars painted from a 3rd party.
Old 18th June 2008, 18:29   #11
BHPian

i think theres something going on here - 4-5 mnth old car with faded paint in one place - what was the odo reading when you got the car - maybe they they got it in feb and some mechanic drove it around the block and crashed it on day 1 The customer for whom it was actually supposed to be. rejected it or was given another one.
and since then they were repairing it and waiting for an unsuspecting customer to pass it on to hope thats really not the case, but please do write to honda and get this cleared asap !!
Old 18th June 2008, 19:31   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Greetings to all! I am a newby here. I got my CIVIC (Carbon Bronze) last week. I have a few doubts to ask. I booked the Car in June and the car delivered to me is manufactured in Feb 08. Is this normal?

it has happened with other car companies (sprucing up old stock & fooling customers) , but i am surprised to hear this about HONDA being a HONDA owner myself , this is not normal .
Old 18th June 2008, 19:35   #13
Team-BHP Support

Post a picture of paint mismatch, preferable taken with proper lighting and the defective area highlightened.
Old 19th June 2008, 11:42   #14
BHPian

Can anybody tell me how to contact honda. Is there any email id? I cant find any in their website
Old 19th June 2008, 11:58   #15
BHPian

I dont suspect dealer for this issue. The car came just 3 days before delivery. I have seen it on the next day when it is reached the showroom. Dealer took the photograph of the vehicle and contacted honda. They said they are waitng for their reply.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks