Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2008, 14:45   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmathew View Post
Can anybody tell me how to contact honda. Is there any email id? I cant find any in their website
Try using the following link: Honda Car India::Feedback for Sales

If the dealer is telling you the truth and the car did arrive a couple of days back, they atleast owe you an explanation why a car manufactured in feb is sent to the dealership in June. And, dont just give up by assuming that nothing can be done now that the car is registered.
Old 19th June 2008, 14:54   #17
BHPian

I suspect that to be a TD vehicle, repainted from a 3rd party painter as someone pointed and sold to you, first hand you shouldn't have registered this in your name, did you have a look atleast before evern registering it?
Odo readings can be changed by experts that's not a big deal but eventually we shouldn't fall prey to this so called dirty tactics of the dealer to gain from selling TD cars, since it's already registered and you started driving you don't have chance to replace it wholly, at the most they shall repaint the whole car and hand it back to you.
Old 19th June 2008, 15:07   #18
BHPian

Quote:
I booked the Car in June and the car delivered to me is manufactured in Feb 08. Is this normal?
ah join the gang. My Civic V MT, which I took delivery from Peninsular Honda Kochi (TVPM also it is peninsular, isn't it?) on April 2008 is also a Feb2008 make. So is it a same batch thingy?

Meanwhile, how is your suspension doing with a fully loaded car? :(

Last edited by RakishRam : 19th June 2008 at 15:09.
Old 19th June 2008, 15:48   #19
BHPian

The link in their website does not work for me.

I havent driven it fully loaded much. Once I did. At that time It hit on a bump.
Old 19th June 2008, 18:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Greetings to all! I am a newby here. I got my CIVIC (Carbon Bronze) last week. I have a few doubts to ask. I booked the Car in June and the car delivered to me is manufactured in Feb 08. Is this normal?

I have an another issue about the paint. On the driver side door, there is a slight change in color. The color has a slight faiding, which is in a circe around 10cm diameter. It can be hardly noticed. But it is obvious when it reflects sun. I asked the service executive and he told that it is normal that there can be slight change in color in some places. Is thir normal? Has somebody else has the similar experience?

No this is not normal at all. Something looks wrong here.
Old 20th June 2008, 21:17   #21
BHPian

Congrats on the choice of the car. Its definitely not normal for the color to be faded in a patch, in a brand new car. Take it up with the dealer, asap.

Going by the Civic selling in good numbers, its a little odd to get a Feb08 car in June.
Old 21st June 2008, 11:45   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

From what you have described so far, it seems like its a touch up job. I wouldn't go as far as saying that your Civic is an ex-testdrive car. But cars sometimes get damaged in transit or within dealership premises. Carbon bronze isn't an easy colour to match correctly either. I would be pissed off, because I would expect the dealership to be honest upfront with me.

This is why we insist that our comprehensive pre-delivery inspection list is referred to by new car owners. However, since you have already taken delivery of the car, perhaps a sweetner from the dealer would do?
Old 21st June 2008, 14:36   #23
BHPian

Quote:
I dont suspect dealer for this issue. The car came just 3 days before delivery. I have seen it on the next day when it is reached the showroom. Dealer took the photograph of the vehicle and contacted honda. They said they are waitng for their reply.
Then why did they tell you that "...[color change] is normal that there can be slight change in color in some places"

The color change can be due to several reasons, but it is upto the dealer to give a satisfactory response.
Old 21st June 2008, 15:16   #24
BHPian

as far as the booking date and the manufacturing date issue is concern; well, the manufacturing date is going to be earlier than the booking date (no roket science there!). but what should be the difference in the two depends upon how much that perticular make/model is in demand ,the dealership and it's buisiness,the place that you take delivery from etc. if it's a fast selling car ,say like Dzire which is so much in demand, getting a long back manufactured piece is almost ruled out.now, how to marry the paint defect and the manufacturing date,dosen't really make sence to me
Old 21st June 2008, 15:51   #25
BHPian

offtopic, am also planning for 1.8 V automatic, have you calculated the average so far?
about this issue now am careful
Regards
W.Ajay
Old 22nd June 2008, 14:47   #26
BHPian

dont listen to anyone and get your car CHANGED. it dosent matter if your car is registered or not.

my very close friend bought this corolla two months back and noticed that the driver door was repainted. he took the car to the dealer the very next day, but the dealer only insisted that its not repainted and sometimes at certain angles it looks like that. he tried contacting toyota head office but still no reply. he finally called one of his friends at star news and went straight to their showroom with them. the toyota guyz literally touched his feet and changed his car and gave him the highest variant of corolla without charging any extra money.

so dude get it changed if its not right. You paid for it and you have the right to get a perfect product.
Old 22nd June 2008, 15:22   #27
BHPian

This is just not normal.

Except for cars from the TATA stable this cannot be normal for cars at any price range since they are supposedly dip painted in the same paint bath. According to TATA paint peeling and black and silver intermix is normal in the wheel well and underbody side railing in the Junkindica I own which they have attested to in the consumer court. Pray for me as the next hearing is on the 24th of June 2008.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
This is not normal for a 11 L car!
Old 23rd June 2008, 14:36   #28
BHPian

Registered a complaint with honda. But still there is no proper response. Dealer says they will replace the door. I rejected it and demanded the Car replacement. They are ready for it and they said they dont even care if I take the complaint legally also. I am really frustrated. Not sure what to do next.
Old 4th July 2008, 16:00   #29
BHPian

I would like to give an update on the things happend for that last few weeks for this issue. I got the vehicle inspected with an expert and it is evident that the car has some repainting in the door, back side bumper, front bumper. The bonnet is completely repainted. The car has a dent in the door and in the bonnet. The dealer peninsular honda and honda says they will replace the parts at their cost. They are not ready to replace the car. I am going to the court for the cheat. Friends, Please careful while taking delivery of the car. If you want to know more about the case please mail me.
Old 4th July 2008, 17:27   #30
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about it jmathew. A nice experience with a beautiful car is spoilt by dealers bumping off a lemon to unsuspecting customers. Do go ahead with your case and let us know what's happening. Get the press involved if possible. That would teach everyone a lesson.

Folks, who are new, there is a well made pre-delivery inspection list that is available in TBhp. Please use that. Its of great help and could potentially avoid such problems.

All the best.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks