Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2008, 22:18   #46
BHPian

Again from Trivandrum? That too with a 12L Honda civic? . It is a real shame. JM - fight for your justice.
Guys - always inspect your car/bike before it is taken for registration. If the particular model has to come from factory, ask your dealer to give you a call when it arrives their yard and tell them in advance that the PDI/regn should take place after you see the car.
Old 8th July 2008, 22:25   #47
BHPian

@ Rushabh(GTO) - Just saw your home page, it says - Honda sells me a repainted car. Don't you think. " Honda dealer would be apt?" Otherwise we could say, "XYZ dealer of Honda sells me a repainted car." This might help jmathew as well, when other bhpians see the dealer being pointed a finger at. When and if they do go to buy a car from the same dealer and mention his bad publicity on the internet, I think, it might just help our fellow bhpian get a solution faster. What say?
Cheers!
M2S

Last edited by married2speed : 8th July 2008 at 22:28.
Old 8th July 2008, 22:48   #48
BHPian

Honda or anyone, there are always guys waiting to screw the happiness of unsuspecting consumers.

@JM, like people have said here don't settle for anything less than a replacement of the car.
Old 8th July 2008, 22:53   #49
BHPian

A small account of my Swift Zxi experience. Booked a sunlight copper Swift. Few days later a friend of mine who works at the dealership calls up to congratulate me for the new car. I'm like, dude i haven't yet got car. To which he sounded surprised as he was positive the dealership had already received the car. Next day surprise surprise! Next to my clinic, at a body shop i notice a brand new sunlight copper Swift Zxi! Inquire with the garage owner as to whats up with the car. He says slight damage in transit. He also went on to say that the scratches were removed but the bumper was protruding a little bit and vibrating, but dealership hadn't asked him to repair it. Next day i get a call from the sales guy for the PDI. At the yard I immediately point out to the bumper and also mention that i have no issues taking delivery provided the bumper is satisfactorily repaired.
Next day he calls me and says that the bumper could not be repaired and they will be sending the car back to Pune and give me the delivery of another car which they will be receiving in 2 days time. (which i eventually took).
If Maruti dealership can send a car back for damages why can't a Honda dealership? Totally unacceptable the way they have treated the customer here especially after shelling out over 12 lkhs.
Old 9th July 2008, 00:24   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by married2speed View Post
@ Rushabh(GTO) - Just saw your home page, it says - Honda sells me a repainted car. Don't you think. " Honda dealer would be apt?" Otherwise we could say, "XYZ dealer of Honda sells me a repainted car." This might help jmathew as well, when other bhpians see the dealer being pointed a finger at. When and if they do go to buy a car from the same dealer and mention his bad publicity on the internet, I think, it might just help our fellow bhpian get a solution faster. What say?
Cheers!
M2S
I agree!!!
@GTO when I mentioned about the change in the title, I had dealership name in my mind, my bad i should have mentioned. Just like the other thread title on Deedi Motors, a google search yields the thread in the first 4 results. It would bring some thought into those at the dealership. ( am I expecting too much??)

raj.
Old 9th July 2008, 00:36   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

jmathew,

Updates from your side would be nice. This thread has been going on for a while without the same.
Old 9th July 2008, 02:09   #52
Senior - BHPian

Also, have if you know any one in the press or media, it would be of real help! I remember reading someone taking the press to Toyota showroom in this thread - that should really do it, or atleast let the country know about such morons!

Let us know how this goes please.
Old 9th July 2008, 04:49   #53
BHPian

Quote:
I agree!!!
@GTO when I mentioned about the change in the title, I had dealership name in my mind, my bad i should have mentioned. Just like the other thread title on Deedi Motors, a google search yields the thread in the first 4 results. It would bring some thought into those at the dealership. ( am I expecting too much??)
now won't that be good mileage
Old 9th July 2008, 06:37   #54
BHPian

Honda dealerships are definately scraping the bottom of the barrel? I wonder why...maybe 'cause sales are down due to recession?
Old 9th July 2008, 09:35   #55
Senior - BHPian

^^ Dont think so - I see enough new City's and Civics, even the new Accords roaming about over here! Greed, anyone???!
Old 9th July 2008, 15:54   #56
BHPian

Thanks guys for your support. Thanks GTO for presenting the thread in the front page.

I have contacted an advocate, and notices are already sent to the dealer and Honda. I have got a call from the dealer and informed me that their dealer department will deal with it. But no response from the honda yet.

Now I am totally sure that the dealer Peninsular honda was cheating me. I am writing the things happend in detail so it will answer many the queries.

I just noticed the issue as a discoloration in the driver side door on the next day of delivery and informed the service executive. He said casually that it could be a defect in the factory paint and it is normal for carbon broze color and if it is an issue they will rectify it. I did not belive him completely but I returned home. After showing the defect to few of my friends and getting the opinion from Team-BHP I returned to the dealer. Dealer took the photograph of the defect and told me that they would contact honda. They also asked me to register a complaint with honda 121. Then I registered a complaint with honda 121. After few days I got the reply from the dealer that they will replace the door. I did not accept this proposal and asked to replace the car. By the meantime I noticed a similar discoloration in the back bumper also. I was calling honda 121 almost every day and asking for update. I had sent email complaints to all honda email ids I got from their site. After few days dealer contacted me personally and told me that it was their issue and the problem is caused by the bird droppings when they parked the car in their yard and their service persons used some liquids to remove it. They told me that they will replace the door and bumper at their cost. I did not agree with this and I insisted for replacement of the car. I continued contacting honda 121 and kept on sending emails to honda ids. The executives at honda 121 assured me that they would escalate the issue to highest level. They told me that honda officials will not contact customers directly, only dealer would contact the customer.

Feeling suspicious about the dealers contradicting statements, I took the vehicle to a workshop, who undertake car paiting jobs. They shown me the many evidences of repaints in differect parts of the car body. The driver side door, back bumper, front bumper is repainted in patches. The bonnet is completely repainted. There is a clear evidence of a bad paint job in the bonnet. Shocked by this I went to the dealership immediately and shown it to the managers. They did not have anything to say and told me that they would wash the car first and then inspect it. Trusting what dealer says, they took the vehicle for washing and polished it and removed evidences! I felt that I was cheated and fooled. I did not say anyting to them and returned home. After much thought I decided to go in the legal way. I contacted a lawyer and he sent a legal notice to honda and the dealer and waiting for their response.

Thanks again for your support. I will keep you updated about this case.
Old 9th July 2008, 18:38   #57
Senior - BHPian

This really is the worst set of people one would want to deal with!

Quote:
... Trusting what dealer says, they took the vehicle for washing and polished it and removed evidences! I felt that I was cheated and fooled...
Now what kind of behavior is this. Even a road side mechanic will have better integrity and business ethics than this! I hope this one gets publicized to the max!

JMathew, good decision for going the legal way. Hope some one at Honda has better brain cells than the dealer!

MODS: Please edit the title and add "Peninsular honda" instead of just "Honda".

Last edited by HappyWheels : 9th July 2008 at 18:41.
Old 9th July 2008, 19:20   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmathew View Post
Trusting what dealer says, they took the vehicle for washing and polished it and removed evidences! I felt that I was cheated and fooled. I did not say anyting to them and returned home.
Did you take any pictures before you let the dealer wash & remove the evidence?

What makes you trust the Dealer despite all that you've been thru?
Old 9th July 2008, 20:38   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
I agree!!!

raj.
You are right. That make some sense to add the dealer name in title. There will be lot of public who are not a part of TeamBHP seeking a help on net to find how good a dealership is. They will not search for Honda civic , but the dealers name only. Evenif someone do a search on Honda Civic it will be taking them to the Honda Home page and mouthshut reviews.
Old 9th July 2008, 21:57   #60
BHPian

Here is the link to the Honda media center. Honda Siel Cars India Ltd. :: Media Center - Media Contacts

I would be great if you can get someone from the media to ask them questions about your car.

That should get things moving.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks