Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2008, 13:08   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
You should have never taken the vehicle to their workshop.Anyways take care of that in future. Tell them to bring the Honda guys to your home.
The car is already due for its first service. It has done < 500KM, but as per the maintanance schedule I should do it in 1 month. What is the implication in terms of warrenty/performance of the car if I didnt do it till it reaches 1000Km? What are the precautions I should take if I have to take the car for service?
Old 16th July 2008, 13:35   #122
BHPian

The response from honda is very disappointing. What they are telling now is they will accept the defects in the door and the back side bumper. When I asked about the defects in the bonnet and the front bumper they response was that those defects were not there before delivery. They are arguing that if it was there why I did not notice at the time of delivery? There were also telling that I should not have taken the vehicle to the third party for inspection. It should only be inspected by honda/dealer. I had alredy expericed the inspection by the dealer. What they did was polishing and removing the defects! Honda did not care to inspect the vehicle until last week. Almost 1 month after registreing the complaint with them. The inspection was also purely biased and they pretend not to see the defects. Even after sending the photographs to them, they dont seem to accept the issues.
Old 16th July 2008, 13:50   #123
BANNED

The defendant in this case is the dealer. Since Honda is not connected (from legal point of view) whatever Honda argues, doesn't hold water.
Old 16th July 2008, 14:06   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
He immediately changed the tyres and also as a goodwill jesture He changed them from GOODYEAR to MICHELIN tyres!!!! The stock tyres before were Goodyears and now he changed them to MICHELIN tyres!!!
I have got Bridgestone! This is a new information for me. Why dealer should change the tyres from factory?
Old 16th July 2008, 22:21   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmathew View Post

The response from honda is very disappointing. What they are telling now is they will accept the defects in the door and the back side bumper. When I asked about the defects in the bonnet and the front bumper they response was that those defects were not there before delivery.
1)
First IMO, they did not accept the mistake, right?

2)
IMO, with the repainting so visible, you should now press them for replacement.

Quote:

They are arguing that if it was there why I did not notice at the time of delivery?

3)
I hope that now they dont end up telling " Normal Wear and Tear " as their argument " Why did you not notice problems during delivery ".

Quote:

There were also telling that I should not have taken the vehicle to the third party for inspection. It should only be inspected by honda/dealer. I had alredy expericed the inspection by the dealer. What they did was polishing and removing the defects!

4)
Who are they to decide wheather you are supposed to take the car for third party inspection or not. They will obviously, inspect and say a transit damage and wont accept any arguments from your side.

Quote:

Honda did not care to inspect the vehicle until last week. Almost 1 month after registreing the complaint with them. The inspection was also purely biased and they pretend not to see the defects. Even after sending the photographs to them, they dont seem to accept the issues.

5)
First of all they wont inspect and then tell you that what you are supposed to do. Bring the car in for repetative polishing ?

I think that you take them to court. IMO,the car already is not that cheap and this cheating cant be tolrated for any car.
Old 16th July 2008, 22:58   #126
BHPian

JM - You seem to be mentioning everything WRONG that either the dealer or the company is doing to you. My question to you is, what are you doing to change the wrong to RIGHT? Obviously, you have spoken to everyone possible and clearly the way this thread is going, no one is keen on replacing your car. What are you waiting for?
Old 16th July 2008, 23:38   #127
Team-BHP Support

I think JM need not be hurried into rushing to the court. He is collecting ammunition, whether he realizes it or not, which will serve him in the bigger battles ahead.

JM, I do not know whether you realized this, but Honda's reply about changing the door and bumper but not the rest has actually got them into a soup. You just need a really good lawyer now. Earlier you had a problem because every communication between you, the dealer and the honda rep was verbal. Now I presume you have something in written from them.

If they have sent a written communication you have got a big break. Now it can be proven that the car was definitely defective when it was given to you. Otherwise they would not have agreed to change the door and the bumper. A good lawyer can always argue on the lines that even that is unacceptable considering the in-your-face looks of that door and the bumper. Why should a customer be cheated when he is paying the full price of the car? Secondly, if all those damage happened because of a 3rd party's fault it is very much possible that the rest also happened at the same time. All of a sudden the ball goes into Honda's court to prove that the rest of the damages were not there. Its like a thief caught stealing can not claim that this is his only felony when he left the marks elsewhere as well.

You do get in touch with a good lawyer. And preserve that communication well.
Old 17th July 2008, 00:24   #128
BHPian

zappo, what you said is right.

married2speed, I have started moving legally as mentioned in my previous posts. I should not be worried about the outcome, success or failure, whatever it could be, I should fight until they do justice for me. I was trying to contact as many officials as possible in honda and bring this case in their attention, but without any success. I really suspect that my case has not been properly escalated to the higher level. There are people who are trying to manipulate and supports cheating at the bottom. I dont see any other reason for this cold response from Honda.
Old 17th July 2008, 00:55   #129
BHPian

Quote:
married2speed, I have started moving legally as mentioned in my previous posts. I should not be worried about the outcome, success or failure, whatever it could be, I should fight until they do justice for me.

Good Thing JM. Is it possible for you to share what legal options have you undertaken. It would help fellow bhpians to understand what they would need to do in case something of this sort happens with anyone of us.

Quote:
I was trying to contact as many officials as possible in honda and bring this case in their attention, but without any success.I really suspect that my case has not been properly escalated to the higher level.There are people who are trying to manipulate and supports cheating at the bottom. I dont see any other reason for this cold response from Honda
Bro': Isn't this something you realised a long time back, when they cheated you in the first place. All, I'm saying is that you have tried hard enough but no one was willing to help you out properly and you should not waste anymore time trying to reach to people. Besides, the Higher officials would have contacted you automatically once this case would have hit the media or when a legal notice was received.
Anyways, that's just my perogative.
Although, it is said that patience is indeed a virtue and you wanted to try to reach to the higher officials but brother, now-a-days, it doesn't really help. All that time wasting.... blah blah blah.
I don't know how long did you wait before getting a reply from officials at honda but their turn around time is 1 week. I wrote to honda to understand the G-con crash technology related to an accident and did get their reply in 1 week. So, my advice to you would be, stop being so nice and sweet to these cons. All that is suggested is for you to Act fast as we all know, the longer things are delayed, the worse they get. Since you have already started a legal recourse, we wish you all the very best for your fight. If you need any help, team-bhp, is there
Cheers!
M2S
Old 17th July 2008, 01:28   #130
BHPian

M2S, I have consulted one of the best lawyer possible and they sent legal notices to honda and dealer. As of now there is no response to it, so we decided to wait some more time, a week may be. I am open to discuss any details with you, but somebody here mentioned here that I should be careful in writing in public about the legal matters once the case is under court's consideration. I dont know, but I am thankful to you all for the support I am getting from the BHPians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by married2speed View Post
Besides, the Higher officials would have contacted you automatically once this case would have hit the media or when a legal notice was received.
Anyways, that's just my perogative.
You are right. They did bother to inspect the vehicle only after receiving the legal notice. There should be some pressure. But that was also biased, and the wrong information is passed to the top level I think.
Old 17th July 2008, 02:56   #131
BHPian

Quote:
zappo, what you said is right.

married2speed, I have started moving legally as mentioned in my previous posts. I should not be worried about the outcome, success or failure, whatever it could be, I should fight until they do justice for me. I was trying to contact as many officials as possible in honda and bring this case in their attention, but without any success. I really suspect that my case has not been properly escalated to the higher level. There are people who are trying to manipulate and supports cheating at the bottom. I dont see any other reason for this cold response from Honda.
Call your local TV station or newspaper and ask them to run a story about this. That will help a lot.
Old 17th July 2008, 03:32   #132
BHPian

JM

really sorry to hear about this.

You should email all of this to Hondaindia and Honda Japan along with a link to this thread.

I found these email IDs on the hondaindia website. If you havn't then you should email these people.
Email: [COLOR=#0000ff]suniti@hondacarindia.com[/COLOR]
Email: [COLOR=#0000ff]saba@hondacarindia.com [/COLOR]
Old 17th July 2008, 12:19   #133
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have consulted one of the best lawyer possible and they sent legal notices to honda and dealer.
Excellent. Never sit tight in a case like this where you have been wronged of 13 lakh rupees. Please do contact me (via the contact us form) if I can be of any help at all.
Old 17th July 2008, 12:37   #134
BHPian

Hello Sir
You should also go to the consumer court as now a days consumer courts are very consumenr friendly & I am sure they would be do justice in your case for sure.

Pl go thru the link below for further details

How to file Consumer Complaint in Consumer Forum
Old 17th July 2008, 12:42   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

But that was also biased, and the wrong information is passed to the top level I think.
You mean wrong information is passed on to the top level by Honda dealer .

Do you have any recording done by phone, or something where they accept mistake ?
If so, then you have a very strong case in consumer court.

Aslo do you have job card when the car was polishsed to hide the different colours ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks