Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2008, 22:31   #241
BHPian

I am in too!

Hey guys, count me in too.

Also one lesson from this experience is to first file the case then negotiate.
Let this be remembered for future reference.

Also I have posted some things to take care of so that you can file your case properly. Probably we can have it in some central reference. So that we dont have people being taken for a ride in their own cars

RD
Old 28th August 2008, 13:26   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by druva View Post
jm - sorry to see your problem. Did you take DKG's offer of Southern Regional Office support? (I read this thread in single shot and i didnt see ur reply to DKG.. Just wanted to ensure you have exhausted ALL options)
It is the Southern Regional Manager, who came for inspection. He came two times for inspection. He was trying convince me that the vehicle is perfect and requesting me to accept the solution offered by the dealer.
I also talked to a few officials in Noida, they simply forwarded this matter to Honda Regional office or to the Dealer. I am getting the impression that dealer has full support from Honda in this case.
Old 28th August 2008, 15:38   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
My 2 cents.

I personally think that the management of Peninsular Honda / Honda themselves are being complete IDIOTS about this issue...

Why am I calling them IDIOTS? Let me justify myself.

If they completely fix mathews car totally and absolutely to his satisfaction, the maximum cost to the company will be within 1.5 lakhs... including panels/paint.

How to justify this cost?

Simple.
  • Most Team BHP users are automobile owners, hence future customers.
  • This thread has been viewed 26,425 times. So many prospective CUSTOMERS have already seem this thread. And they will remember it for quite a while.
Now what if 1% of these people change their mind while finalizing on their next car? Kindly equate the cost of lost sales to the company.

Fixing this issue will cost less than a 40 second ad on TV/Full page AD in a magazine, and will greatly raise/not lower the stature of Honda as a company in the eyes of many many people.

I personally feel, people at Honda are just lacking good business sense...
Very well said. Wish the dealer/company (or whosoever concerned started thinking this way)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmathew View Post
I also talked to a few officials in Noida, they simply forwarded this matter to Honda Regional office or to the Dealer. I am getting the impression that dealer has full support from Honda in this case.
I doubt Honda is supporting the dealer. I think its the dealer here whos playing foul. He may be even ignorant to say he doesnt care if you go to the court or so, but trust me, the legal route scares the worst of them. So dont lose hope. Go ahead and show him. You have a huge support from this team.

Also my 2 cents worth, why dont you try writing to Pardafash (aired at 1030am every sat) on CNBC Awaaz channel. They have been successful in helping the Customer Grievance cases regarding things like TV, laptops and stuff. Yours is a more important issue. It could also get the necessary TV exposure.
Old 28th August 2008, 16:01   #244
Senior - BHPian

There is so much of delay , What if Honda says now that you dented and got the vehical repainted ?

Quote:
It is the Southern Regional Manager, who came for inspection. He came two times for inspection. He was trying convince me that the vehicle is perfect and requesting me to accept the solution offered by the dealer.
Old 28th August 2008, 17:48   #245

Quote:

Honda doesnt support the dealer if found guilty of any unethical practices done by them .but they do recommend an amicable settlement between the customer and the dealer if explanation given by the dealer is satisfactory and facts shown to R.0.

But as a customer ,you wouldnt be deprived of the right to seek information pertaining the delivered car.

Since you have intiated the legal action ,there is not much they will do as its legal issue hence forth.
Old 28th August 2008, 18:35   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
There is so much of delay , What if Honda says now that you dented and got the vehical repainted ?
True, now its almost 3 months. Is the delay in filing the case seen as a negative by courts? Or is it a positive that I tried my best to solve this issue out of court?

But I doubt Honda will say that. In the reply to the notice, dealer admitted that they have done repainting in some of the parts.

If Honda wants to argue that I made those defects, they could do it even if I file the case after one week also.
Old 28th August 2008, 19:06   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizen View Post
Honda doesnt support the dealer if found guilty of any unethical practices done by them .but they do recommend an amicable settlement between the customer and the dealer if explanation given by the dealer is satisfactory and facts shown to R.0.
What explanation do you think the dealer has given to Honda? Honda representative has seen the defects and dealer agreed that the defects are caused by them. Whatever be their explanation, how can they deny the right of a customer to get a perfect product. I dont want Honda to punish the dealer. All I want is to get a perfect product for the price I paid.
Old 28th August 2008, 19:39   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrman View Post
Also my 2 cents worth, why dont you try writing to Pardafash (aired at 1030am every sat) on CNBC Awaaz channel. They have been successful in helping the Customer Grievance cases regarding things like TV, laptops and stuff. Yours is a more important issue. It could also get the necessary TV exposure.

This will really work for JM.
Old 28th August 2008, 19:54   #249
BANNED

Quote:
True, now its almost 3 months. Is the delay in filing the case seen as a negative by courts?
You have 1 year time. TIme starts from the date in which you get a response in WRITING from the dealer refusing to redress your grievance. And if there is no response from the dealer, from the time you raised the complaint.

Quote:
Or is it a positive that I tried my best to solve this issue out of court?
Sure yes. Courts will look at the delay this way only. 3 months is a very, very short time. If you have not already realised, a decade is a short time in the legal world.

Quote:
But I doubt Honda will say that. In the reply to the notice, dealer admitted that they have done repainting in some of the parts.
If I get you correctly, your complaint is that this repainting is sub standard. Since repainting is done by dealer, Honda MAY not be held responsible. (This is NOT legal advise; I am not YOUR lawyer and I am no longer a lawyer). That is why Honda is washing their hands off the matter, IMHO.

Quote:
If Honda wants to argue that I made those defects, they could do it even if I file the case after one week also.
Absolutely. That they have not done so in writing 3 months into the dispute, works out to your advantage. ;-)

Remember that litigation is a marathon, not a sprint.

Best of luck.
Old 28th August 2008, 20:23   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrman View Post
Also my 2 cents worth, why dont you try writing to Pardafash (aired at 1030am every sat) on CNBC Awaaz channel
Address to Host Vivek Law[not sure if he reads it, though] at pardafash at moneycontrol.com.

Please replace at with @. Hope that helps.
Old 28th August 2008, 23:57   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
If I get you correctly, your complaint is that this repainting is sub standard. Since repainting is done by dealer, Honda MAY not be held responsible. (This is NOT legal advise; I am not YOUR lawyer and I am no longer a lawyer). That is why Honda is washing their hands off the matter, IMHO.
No. My complaint is not only about the quality of the repainting but also about the repainting itself. I paid for a new car manufactured by Honda. I cannot accept a car which had undergone any modification including repainting. Dealer can do such things only with my permission.

They do PDI before delivering the car. As the name suggests it is an inspection and the dealer is not allowed to do any such things as repainting. I could also prove that dealer is incompetent to undertake such tasks perfectly because I have the evidence all over my car.

Also I do not think that Honda can simply wash off their hands. I bought the car only because Honda cars are advertised high quality and honda lists the dealers name in their site. Dealer is just an agent here. The car is Honda's property till it is registered in my name. Whatever misdeeds the dealer do, honda has a part in this.
Old 29th August 2008, 07:55   #252
BHPian

"I dont want Honda to punish the dealer. All I want is to get a perfect product for the price I paid. "

IMO, Jmathew will not be able to do anything ..either against the dealer or ganist Honda..Inspite of all the support , analysis and suggestions, I do not understand why he is not going legally through the consumer court ?

I only think, he is trying to get a mental peace of mind by having all the support of the forum that he is right !!

Again, I feel this thread would continue for the next 2-3 months, and Jmathew would still be contemplating whether to file a case and the members would be still debating over the various consequences.
Old 29th August 2008, 10:06   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote Dated 18th June 2008
Quote:
I got my CIVIC (Carbon Bronze) last week. I have a few doubts to ask.......
I have an another issue about the paint. On the driver side door, there is a slight change in color. The color has a slight faiding, which is in a circe around 10cm diameter. It can be hardly noticed. But it is obvious when it reflects sun. I asked the service executive and he told that it is normal that there can be slight change in color in some places. Is thir normal? Has somebody else has the similar experience?
I have been following this thread right from the first post. I have commented something in between too. Although I expected an immediate solution and very positive dealer experience and company feedback from Honda. The end result is very frustrating to read.

Now, coming to the point, if you want to have patience for another few months with lodging complaints, waiting to hear from Honda etc. then there is nothing else to be done, just continue with what you are doing right now.

But, if you are ready to go out of the 'usual' dissatisfied customer routines, please PM me and tell me what you actually want to do as your gut feel. It can vary from threatening the dealer on phone to the extend of beating him up black & blue or to any such measures you prefer to try. Dont hesitate to ask if you want any ministerial influence or any such help of highest officials in the State.

Please dont think I run a mafia business. Where truth has to prevail, where injustice is seen, where hard earned money is not given any value, I prefer to use influence and muscle power to my gain. Ignore this post if you find it sounding stupid or non-sense !cheers:
Old 29th August 2008, 12:49   #254
BHPian

Quote:
True, now its almost 3 months. Is the delay in filing the case seen as a negative by courts? Or is it a positive that I tried my best to solve this issue out of court?

Man... If you dont talk for yourself, no one will do it for you. Dont think God will come down to earth and save you by giving a band new defectless Car. Decide yourself whether you want to live with the Leamon you got by cursing every moment you drive it, or fight like a man without thinking about the outcome until you win. All we BHpians wish is to see is you getting the best solution for the issues. All the best.
Old 29th August 2008, 13:13   #255
BHPian

I am sure sinse you delayed soo much and have not approched consumer court for so long HONDA would take you for granted.
They would think that you would not approach at all and will take you lightly especially because u have not approached consumer court inspite the fact that dealer is at fault

DEFINEATLY WILL BOOST THIER MORALE

TRUST ME FILE A CONSUMER CASE WITH A HELP OF A GOOD LAWYER
Closed Thread

Most Viewed