Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2009, 19:05   #46
Senior - BHPian

I am sure Maruti Suzuki, don't know about these.

Bangalore people, start boycotting them.
Old 13th February 2009, 04:52   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
...Now am having second thoughts about going back to this dealer for the car. What do you people suggest?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Only sensible option would be to stay away from this dealer.
+1 to that! They need to get their act in order. Unless you are ready or can push back if pushed, be careful.
Old 13th February 2009, 12:50   #48
BHPian

Interesting thing to note here is, i had been to pratham motors the same day to test drive the swift diesel car and then headed to Bimal.

The guys at Pratham were absolute duds and could not even explain the basics of the car properly, let alone give me a test drive while i thought the folks at Bimal were more courteous and had better knowledge about the car.

One more thing being, Bimal was jam packed that day with visitors to the showroom, while Pratham was more or less deserted. Now how do you make all the people who visit such showrooms aware of these kind of incidents and happenings at the Dealer?
Old 13th February 2009, 14:51   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Well this is an eye opener for me. Am not aware of this incident, can somebody pls tell me what exactly was the incident with sx4??

Recently about a month ago, i had been to Bimal showroom in whitefield bangalore to check out the swift diesel. I also got to test drive the vehicle and the sales guy did not ask me to fill up any form as has been discussed here.

Now am having second thoughts about going back to this dealer for the car. What do you people suggest?
Frankly speaking, I guess people are over reacting to this incident.
Now that there is no such form as mentioned above, there is no harm in buying a car. If you donot like service, you will obviously give the car to others for servicing. There are many MASS around the city.
Old 13th February 2009, 15:14   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...The guys at Pratham were absolute duds and could not even explain the basics of the car properly, let alone give me a test drive while i thought the folks at Bimal were more courteous and had better knowledge about the car...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
...Now that there is no such form as mentioned above, there is no harm in buying a car. If you donot like service, you will obviously give the car to others for servicing. There are many MASS around the city.
Bimal is trying to undo the bad publicity / image due to that incident.

T-BHP and its influence is not all too unknown. Go figure. <zipped; no more>

Last edited by HappyWheels : 13th February 2009 at 15:22.
Old 13th February 2009, 15:22   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
Frankly speaking, I guess people are over reacting to this incident.
Now that there is no such form as mentioned above, there is no harm in buying a car. If you donot like service, you will obviously give the car to others for servicing. There are many MASS around the city.
Refer the very 1st post in this thread. A scanned copy of the form is put up.
The point is not about servicing your car where you are comfortable - the point is why should a customer be made responsible for an accident!
Old 13th February 2009, 18:03   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post
Refer the very 1st post in this thread. A scanned copy of the form is put up.
The point is not about servicing your car where you are comfortable - the point is why should a customer be made responsible for an accident!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Bimal is trying to undo the bad publicity / image due to that incident.
That is what I was trying to tell.
I am not a friend or enemy of any one, but if they are trying to undo some wrong which happened before whats wrong.
Yes, we should be proud that as a community we achieved has made it happen.
There is no point trying to say lets ban them etc.

Yes, it is an eye opener, and lets be watchful. Not just with this place, but all places in general. Such incident happened with this guy, and so he got exposed. We donot know how others would have reacted.
Old 13th February 2009, 18:41   #53
Senior - BHPian

Talk about BIMAL, I heard many bad stories, THEY are one of the worst dealers in Banaglore. Most of the customers gave same feedback. So many people told me stay away from BIMAL.

I had very bad experience too in BIMAL while buying and servicing my Swift even though I know guys who work there.

Problem with BIMAL is their working attitude and their business goal is vary bad. They are backed from Maruti as complaint to Maruti against BIMAL didn't work out.

BIMAL has good business because most of the techies stay around that area so most of the sales comes form there.

Actually one should make awareness campaign against bad dealers like BIMAL.

Ravi.

PS Let me send this URL to BIMAL CEO and MUL officers
Old 21st February 2009, 14:11   #54
BHPian

now a days Bimal motors is associated with the SX4 incident, when ever I hear or see a BIMAL sticker on a car, I remember the SX4 incident. As said in the thread, maruti should be alerted on this. I always advice people to go sagar or kalyani motors and aviod bimal.

Never has Hyundai asked for DL or any doc's for Test Drives.
Old 21st February 2009, 19:22   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Once bitten, twice shy.

Are they willing to give such undertaking everytime a customer gives the vehicle to them for service?
This seems to be extremely fair (and should be incorporated in all service jobs). As fair as Bimal Motors (or any showroom) asking the customer to pay for any damage during a TD.
Old 25th February 2009, 11:45   #56

Bimal Indiranagar

Hi guys,

AM planning to test drive a Swift here in Bangalore. Living in Domlur, Bimal Indiranagar is the closest (some 2 km). The other one is Pratham in marathahalli (some 15 km).

i called Bimal to ask about this whole waiver-signing business. They said I don't have to sign anything, they just need my Driving license number + address. On her own, the salesgirl mentioned the SX4 accident, and said since then they take D/L details before test drives.

They also said they have 2008 ZXi red in stock and I can get the car in a couple of days.

Am confused if I should go ahead for TD with Bimal.

Any advise guys?
Old 25th February 2009, 12:37   #57
Senior - BHPian

@Torrent2073,

Go ahead with the TD. No harm in that if they do not ask for any funny declarations!

But personally, I would try to be a very mean person to them - at least for some more time! But then, its just me.
Old 25th February 2009, 14:15   #58
BHPian

Yeah, me too, I hate this types of stuff from Dealers which essentially rely on us, customers, for their business.

I'll be mean with them too, and would try to steer other customers from them.
A similar incident happened when I had to change the dealer from Kundan Hyundai to Sanjay Hyundai in Pune. And i also advice against Kundan Hyundai.
Old 25th February 2009, 16:41   #59

just did TD

I just did TD with them - the legendary Bimal Motors Indiranagar!

It was ok actually. I did';nt sign anything, they did'nt even check my license.

But the car was 2 years old 2007 model ZXi with 17,000 km on it. The clutch was in seriously bad shape, so could'nt do proper TD.
Old 26th February 2009, 14:27   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torrent2073 View Post
I just did TD with them - the legendary Bimal Motors Indiranagar!

It was ok actually. I did';nt sign anything, they did'nt even check my license.
It's probably fora such as this that caused them to re-think their costomer-unfriendly attitude.

Most Viewed