Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2009, 13:27   #61
Senior - BHPian

Took a TD of a swift VDI about 3 weeks back from Bimal@Airport Road.

After the TD, he asked me to sign on the Indemnity clause ! He probably did not present it to me before the TD since he knew that I wouldn't sign it.

Anyways, I signed on it, and also wrote that there was no accident during the TD.

Finally, I did not book the car from them.
Old 17th September 2009, 21:29   #62
BHPian

Boycott

I think doing a mass boycott of Bimal motors is the only option. I remember doing a TD with Bimal Indiranagar about 5 months back and I did sign the paper without reading the indemnity clause there.

I now feel extremely lucky that I drove well and the car did not touch anywhere else I would have been in a major problem.

I think this should also be escalated to Maruti. Is there a lawyer in the forum? Would this be considered as unfair trade practice under Indian law?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Took a TD of a swift VDI about 3 weeks back from Bimal@Airport Road.

After the TD, he asked me to sign on the Indemnity clause ! He probably did not present it to me before the TD since he knew that I wouldn't sign it.

Anyways, I signed on it, and also wrote that there was no accident during the TD.

Finally, I did not book the car from them.
Old 17th September 2009, 22:12   #63
Senior - BHPian

Another Bimal experience of my friend while getting an Alto delivered :

Amongst other things, he was promised teflon+under chassis coating during booking.

On the delivery date, he reaches the Bimal showroom about 30 minutes earlier. The sales exec was not present, so he verified from the other technicians that his car was ready for delivery but teflon+underchassis had not been done.

After some time, the sales exec comes, and says everything is ready - including the teflon+underchassis. My friend insists that the teflon+underchassis had not been been done. The sales exec tries to BS his way through, but when my friend threatened to complain to the higher ups, the guy yielded and got the teflon+underchassis done.

The sales guy just trying to save some bucks for himself I guess. Bimal needs to get more professional in dealing with customers.
Old 17th October 2009, 02:24   #64
BHPian

TVS Sundaram Motors, Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post
What I would like to know from fellow BHPians is that have you experienced this in any other parts of the country or with other dealers?
Last Saturday, I took a TD of Chevrolet U-VA at TVS Sundaram Motors, Chennai and was required to sign this form.

I spoke their Sales Manager that morning and enquired about their waiting period and other basic information. When I asked for TD, he was lazy to bring their car on the same day and offered to bring it on Monday. Since, I had plans to watch movie at Satyam Cinemas, suggested him that I’d come directly to show room to take a look and Test drive. He agreed.

After the movie & I went to the showroom. Although the guy who spoke to me was not there, a receptionist was ready to help us. She gave me a brochure and recited all the technical details she memorized. When I got ready for TD, she promptly gave me a form to sign, which took my name, contact details, driving license number AND a special clause in a smaller font, indicating that I would personally take all responsibility for any damage which may occur.

I turned towards her for more explanation, for which she stood answerless for a minute and said ‘it’s just a formality sir!’
Old 22nd October 2009, 16:07   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
‘it’s just a formality sir!’
then why should we sign it!

so it seems this does happen across manufacturers and dealers.
Old 23rd October 2009, 00:01   #66
BHPian

This seems to happen only with few conservative dealers, who want to restrict the availability of their Test cars. If you brave their forms and sign it, dealers will have an upper hand on legal bindings if the car is damaged.
It’s just like ‘Come take a free test drive*

*Conditions apply

Most Viewed