Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2008, 18:54   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Was it Bimal motors where the SX4 incident happen which was so horrendous? If yes, then what Bimal is doing is perfectly alright.
what they have done might have been right if they had taken such a protection instead of beating up a customer and trying to save the *** by a new form. This shows the dodgy business practice. Whether to test drive or not is customer's call. Probably alert people will walk away and they will trap unawares.

Another point to be noted is the Bimal representative tried to pass on the 'form' just as a formailty while the volcanic 'clause' is waiting to erupt if something goes wrong. What about a customer trying to buy a car first time with the savings and ends up in deep trouble without owning a car.

I feel that for beating up the customer alone, they should be banned from the list. Those business who have dodgy practices are never going to rectify itself and come good. They try to plug the loops with another dodgy practice. As GTO said, they should never be trusted.

Avi, i don't understand your reasoning.
Old 1st July 2008, 19:16   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post

What I would like to know from fellow BHPians is that have you experienced this in any other parts of the country or with other dealers?

1)

In Vadodara, Gujarat, there are two Maruti Suzuki dealers,
a) Kiran Motors
b) Cargo Motors.

2)

Nobody does ask for signing any document. If the person demanding a test drive is relatively young ( especially if they come to know he/she is college going ) they do ask for Drivers License, but not signing any document.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 1st July 2008 at 19:20.
Old 1st July 2008, 19:34   #33
Team-BHP Support

What I would like is this.
Customer:
A photocopy of the License to be given to the dealer before taking a TD Car.

Dealer:
Displays the laminated copy of the RC and Insurance certificates in side all the TD cars.

Signing an indemnity clause is NonSense.

Another related incident which left Jet Airways humbled for trying to force an indemnity bond.
Jet apologizes to Jindal Saw chief over harassment
Old 1st July 2008, 21:10   #34
BHPian

Guys,

I completely agree with all of you. I work for a MNC in whitefield and our company's preferred dealer is BIMAL in whitefeild. All I can say that they have a bunch of crooks and rouges, whose only job is to clinch the deal at the cost of the customer .

Many of my collegues had to cancell their bookings for the SWIFT diesel versions based on the false promises given by the sales guys and I personally had a bad time during sometime back. The sales guy told me that there was a Black baleno available and told me to get the cheque for the booking and upon the arrival, there was not a single Baleno let alone a Black one !!! When I tried contacted the sales guy, he told me that he had to go outside for some registration work and asked me to contact the Manager and when contacted the Manager, he blatantly said that the sales guy had " Lied" and there was no Baleno's available..

This happened during MArch 2007 and right from this time, this is the condition of Bimal dealership.. Now this is the hight .. asking customers to sign the indemnity bond....

Probably we need to advertise in the news papers about this and even spread the news around and lets see how the dealership goes about for their sales....
Old 1st July 2008, 22:53   #35
BHPian

Can anyone help me with contact details of maruti customer care? I tried the contact us tab on their web site but keep getting a server error everytime I submit the form.
Old 5th July 2008, 12:10   #36
BHPian

Can any one help with this please?

Can any fellow BHPian share this info?
Quote:
Can anyone help me with contact details of maruti customer care? I tried the contact us tab on their web site but keep getting a server error everytime I submit the form.
Old 5th July 2008, 13:20   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Can anyone help me with contact details of maruti customer care? I tried the contact us tab on their web site but keep getting a server error everytime I submit the form

I tried the " contact us " tab and entered the details as per our car Baleno. I never got the Server problem.

Here is the final screen after I submitted.
Attached Thumbnails
Bimal Motors - Indemnity clause before test drive-tbhpmarutiemail.jpg  

Old 5th July 2008, 14:12   #38
BHPian

Funny! 'cause i tried with IE, Mozilla and Opera - same error each time i submit the form!
Last attempt was yesterday evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I tried the " contact us " tab and entered the details as per our car Baleno. I never got the Server problem.

Here is the final screen after I submitted.
Old 5th July 2008, 14:41   #39
BHPian

I think all bangaloreans should make the dealerships who are in such a practice to pay for it.Stay away.
As far as I know none of the Showrooms ask for such a bond.They max ask if the person has a valid license and incase of youngsters or college-goers they check the license.
I also am aware that all these cars are insured and the car-manufacturer takes part responsibility incase of a mishap.The Test Drive Cars generally have a Temporary Certificate and the local RTO needs to be informed about the area in which the vehicle is used.
They also have a special insurance for vehicles during service or When taken for a test drive for fault recognition and rectification.
I have seen this happen when my honda had a suspension problem,the service assistant got a read colored placard displaying certain numbers. In my case it was
TN/0X/XXXXXX.
Where TN-Tamil Nadu
0X-Area of Dealership
XXXXXX-The Insurance Code.
I think we could file an RTI with the RTO authorities and check if the M.V.Act permitted any such Indemnity Bond for a Test Vehicle.
I'm sure this would bring about a change in the system and its probable that there could be a change in the way a Test-Drive Vehicle is registered.
I think people who sign the Bond and Take the test will be under more pressure and make more mistakes.
Old 27th December 2008, 23:30   #40
Senior - BHPian

Reference Thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...driver-14.html

Subject - Who is responsible for a TD Car's accident? Prospect/Dealer?

-----------------------

Latest Update:

2 days ago, I was walking by the 'Chevy' dealer near BTM/JP Nagar east end signal and noticed all 'display' models sporting a 'registeration' number and not the usual 'For Reg' sticker. I thought what a 'cheapo' showroom to display a used car!!

1 hour ago - was driving near inner ring road and noticed the 'mahindra' dealer in koramangla displaying a white logan with a 'reg' number.

Question:

1) Why the new procedure all of a sudden? This wasnt there when in mid-08 a bhpian was left in 'bad' taste?

2) Is this some thing to do with the incident? Is this a 'dealers' initiative? Or by the 'Law'?

3) What are the pro's (I see no cons) of this move? Does this move mean all TD cars will be insured for sure?

4) Is this only in Bangalore(KA) or around India? Can any one who took a TD very recently or going to in the 'near' future throw some light on this?
Old 28th December 2008, 00:28   #41
BHPian

This is ghastly on part of Bimal motors.

I would say the below 2 things will help them learn a lesson.

1) Every TBHP who own a Maruti should take their car for a service. But before even letting their service advisor touch the car ask them to fill a ideminty form. (which we can make from a replica of their form. And when they decline walk out of the service . when asked questions point them to the other unfair practice tehy try with TD's . Also let the other customers around know of this issue.
2) Reach out to some local news paper (ala Mumbai Mirror/mid-day) and point out this practice. THe number of TBHPians is very small comapred to the no of people going from general public. This should be brought to notice of general public as well to stay away from such dealers.

The above 2 points might seem unreasonable to some guys but the motive behind is right. Please post your views on the above.

Hope we can together lead this fight ahead and teach BIMAL motors a lesson.
Old 28th December 2008, 01:04   #42
BHPian

i have TD'd 'n' no. of cars in delhi and they dont ask you to sign any paper. just ask for your D.L.
also they dont ask you to pay for it IF you bang the car anywhere. i did ask a Honda guy about the same and he said TD cars are repaired under insurance. customers are not asked to pay for the damages.
Old 28th December 2008, 10:57   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjith_pm View Post
I have seen this happen when my honda had a suspension problem,the service assistant got a read colored placard displaying certain numbers. In my case it was
TN/0X/XXXXXX.
Where TN-Tamil Nadu
0X-Area of Dealership
XXXXXX-The Insurance Code.
I think we could file an RTI with the RTO authorities and check if the M.V.Act permitted any such Indemnity Bond for a Test Vehicle.

There is the system of "cover notes" for unregistered vehicles. The "cover note" is valid (IIRC) from the time vehicle leaves the manufacturer's facilities till registration, or N months (can't remember the exact period), which ever is earlier.

The Honda's practise is something new --assuming that your vehicle is already registered -- I guess it may be a special arrangement between Honda and their insurer. Nothing in the MV act prevents anybody from entering into a special arrangement with their insurer.
Old 12th February 2009, 18:27   #44
BHPian

Well this is an eye opener for me. Am not aware of this incident, can somebody pls tell me what exactly was the incident with sx4??

Recently about a month ago, i had been to Bimal showroom in whitefield bangalore to check out the swift diesel. I also got to test drive the vehicle and the sales guy did not ask me to fill up any form as has been discussed here.

Now am having second thoughts about going back to this dealer for the car. What do you people suggest?
Old 12th February 2009, 18:56   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Now am having second thoughts about going back to this dealer for the car. What do you people suggest?
Only sensible option would be to stay away from this dealer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks