Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2008, 08:01   #16
BANNED

Thanks guys for all the responses.

Rehaan,Humyum,Jaggu,

You are all right - I need to probably make sure that these guys have a right diagnosis before the work is done.

Shuddering was quite bad but is not noticable at city speeds.

Hondadude, Lohithrao,

I guess I might try Whitefield if the issue is not sorted out under warranty by Dakshin.

Sahil,

Its a MT

Ajmat,

I have to check with them the points that you have raised. And to the 'embarrassing' question [BTW I'm never embarrassed to learn from you guys ]- I'm pretty sure its not the ABS as it happened all the time and even on solid good roads and not even that sharp braking. I have at times felt the ABS kick in in my Skoda on sandy patches. I'll try the balancing also.

Also Ajmat although I have not been active here I have been lurking and reading. Just finished your Bandipur travelogue a few days back. Very nicely written.

Vinayvtec,

Thanks for the numbers - will give a call today.

WhiteKnight,

No service imm prior to Chennai trip.

GHO, DKG, Vid6639,

I am trying for a warranty replacement but the big benefit I got from this thread is the point that it MIGHT not be the brakes and I need to get the diagnosis right in the first place.

Again thanks for all the pointers.

Last edited by deepakvrao : 3rd July 2008 at 08:06.
Old 3rd July 2008, 09:05   #17
Team-BHP Support

Also, you can try the new dealership Magnum Honda. They might be eager since they are new and might just get you the warranty claim.
Old 3rd July 2008, 09:41   #18
BHPian

Here in Mumbai , Honda dealers are more friendly, i had my Civics Fuel supply pipe replaced even tho it dosent come under warranty free og cost at Hallmark Honda New Mumbai, so i guess it all depends on how friendly the Dealer/Service Station guys are with you.
Old 3rd July 2008, 10:08   #19
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakvrao View Post
the big benefit I got from this thread is the point that it MIGHT not be the brakes and I need to get the diagnosis right in the first place.
Just a tip. Vibration felt in brake pedal during application invariably stems from brake disc warpage.

Vibration felt in steering invariably relates to wheel balancing.

PS Its not uncommon for prolonged unbalanced wheels to lead to disc warpage too. This is not necessarily always the case but it does happen at times if you do regular long distance driving

Last edited by DKG : 3rd July 2008 at 10:14.
Old 9th July 2008, 23:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

Dude... do the brakes make any sounds n being used? Metallic screeching sounds when you brake?

If not, isnt it strange that the pads have to be replaced?

*gurus, correct me if I am wrong*
Old 9th July 2008, 23:55   #21
BHPian

Even I had to change mine yesterday. Had given my car for service, got a call form the *** that they are worn out I was like what the hell my car has run only 18600km. I think these dealer are just making money. when I saw my old liners they seemed ok. But still I thik I should call one 2 one.
Old 10th July 2008, 00:07   #22
Senior - BHPian

10000 km is too fast
get the things checked at a local mechanic or some other service station first before getting things done!
Old 10th July 2008, 12:17   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
My Vtec had this problem, which boiled down to uneven discs. Reskimming did the trick.
Old 10th July 2008, 12:28   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Err, don't quite agree with you there DKG. From my personal experience, vibration felt in the steering wheel at rising speeds & without application of brakes meant that it was a wheel balancing issue.

However, vibration felt in the steering wheel on applying the brakes specifically always indicated a problem with the brake discs.

Most Viewed