Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2008, 14:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Simplest thing to do is ask for the replaced part when you take delivery. This will put your doubts to rest
Well, once when I was taking delivery of my vehicle after a trip to the service center, noticed that the jackie was not there. Informed the service advisor and he got one of the mechanics to get one and gave it to me. He said sorry and that they just forgot to put it back.

Few weeks later when doing some cleaning and found that the original jackie was there. When I called up and told the SA that I got one by mistake, he told me to keep it as a spare and don't bother returning it!!!

Meaning - if you ask for a spare / changed parts, etc, rest assured you will get all of them. And they are not going to be necessarly from you vehicle! But yes, the policy does say that the changed part are to be returned back the customer. In fact service people are supposed to put the changed part in the boot of the vehicle when changing something - but this is done at very few well-managed centers.
Old 17th July 2008, 14:20   #17
Team-BHP Support

Also,

When i am sure a part is at fault and needs to be changed - before going to the service center i take a permanent marker or a penknife and mark the part so it can be easily distinguished by me later if/when it has been replaced.

cya
R

Most Viewed