Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2012, 11:53   #46
BHPian

re: Experience with TAFE & Vinayak - Skoda dealers in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Guess there's nothing much you can do once you've taken delivery and used the car for a couple of days. But hypothetically even if you had protested on the day of delivery and refused to accept delivery, I wonder what they would have done. The car is already registered in your name by then. I wonder if there is a procedure for cancellation of registration of new vehicles if done within a period of X days. Anyways if your car is performing well and you are happy, then there should not be any problem. But it does take the sheen out of the buying experience doesn't it?
Yes it does. Any ways i just posted for awareness. I think maximum they would have settled for some more discounts which also was doubtful. You wont believe when we went to the yard there were around 8 L&Ks and almost all cars were soiled inside with dirt. The guy told me that because its the high end version, they use them for display purpose. There was only one car which was still having those white color protective plastic layer and on all other cars it was removed.
Old 20th March 2012, 18:27   #47

Re: Any experiences with Skoda Vinayaka Motors Bangalore Service Center?

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Fellow Skoda Owners,

Plenty of unhappy experiences with TAFE Bangalore have been reported. Please share your experiences with Vinayaka Motors Bangalore here.

Thanks
Androdev
I was extremely wary of Skoda after reading about people's experiences and was pleasantly surprised by my experience with Vinayak (below).

Picked up a white Rapid TDI Elegance at Vinayak on March 9 - hassle-free purchase and lots of help from the whole sales team. Beauty is I purchased the car and organised everything from Gurgaon and all I had to do is pick it up (they actually dropped it off to where I was staying).

I interacted on the phone with Pradeep Kumar (TL, Sales) and Mr. Hemant Kumar (GM) as well as Darshan and Ayanna in the after sales team - good bunch of people and very helpful.

Because of the number of cars being delivered, there were several "incidents" on the day of my delivery involving my car - like problems with transfer of my no-claim bonus (no thanks to my old insurance company), cops coming and creating a ruckus outside the showroom (a normal occurrence in Bangalore I am told) and a few other things. These folks handled the issues without any hassle to me.

In short - a very pleasant buying experience.

I hit a huge pothole en route to chintamani (after being pushed off the road by a rogue truck) on a recent drive and and plan to drop by the KR Puram Service station tomorrow just to make sure all's well with my car. Will post my experience here soon after.

Cheers
Old 30th March 2012, 00:45   #48
BHPian

Skoda dealership in Bangalore

I believe this is the right place to post this thread. Please move it otherwise.

I made up my mind in February for the much awaited upgrade to my first Diesel Sedan. Reviews at Team-Bhp helped me a lot in making up my mind for Skoda Rapid. Finally, after test driving a few other cars in the same class from its competitors I went ahead and booked the top-end model, elegance, with Tafe Access at St. Marks road. After hearing a lot about Skoda's after sale service I was very skeptical about the same. The initial experience was excellent though and the first few days went really cool. After seeing Vento's spare parts list I was curious how much Skoda would be charging and shot an email to Tafe. After couple of follow-ups and reminders they sent me a small pdf file which didn't even have Skoda logo (I have attached it here). As you can see, they have not mentioned the price for mechanical and service parts etc, so I requested for it. It's been 18 long days as of today and I yet to receive it regardless of continuous reminders. All I am hearing from the Sales executive is that he will get the list from Service center by evening and will send it across to me as soon as he receives it. Well, I am not quite understanding what is the difficulty in getting this price list. Obvious question is what happens to the first batch of customers who would have given their Rapid for first service by now or those unlucky fellows who would have crashed down at road for some odd reason. Well, then came the price hike due to the increase in Excise duty - a whopping 39K . Well, I can't blame Tafe or Skoda for it. When I approached Tafe immediately after reading about the price hike they said they are helpless and do not have even a single piece of the Diesel variant of Rapid in stock. They again tried to convince me that they would never book extra cars to keep in stock. Ok, I did some calculations in mind and canceled my plan for immediate tire upgrade. I just got a call from my Sales POC today to further disappoint me that they wouldn't be able to deliver my car in this week as agreed initially and not even next week. He said that the delivery would happen before 15th of April and that is still tentative. And here's the funny part, he now tells me that they have a few Cars (Elegance Diesel - the same variant/model as I booked) in White and Silver color in stock. He promises me a speedy delivery if I choose one of them. He didn't answer to my question how did they have a handful of extra cars in stock all of a sudden, that too in the same variant and model that I am looking for. I didn't accept the offer as I loved the Cappuccino Beige more. The reason why I post this is to know if I am the only one having such a bad experience with Tafe at St.Marks road lately. I read some scary stories about Tafe lately but they were all very old threads. Do anyone know any reliable person at Tafe so I can talk to him/her. I believe a few such experiences can seriously damage the impression for Skoda as a trustable brand. I was sincerely hoping that Skoda and all its dealers would be taking measures to not repeating their mistakes in the past after the addition of the new member - Rapid - in their family. But, it seems that they still haven't learnt
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SPARE PARTS.pdf (40.2 KB, 1386 views)
rajni is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 09:00   #49
Team-BHP Support

Regrettably, my last experience with Vinayak cost them a sale and some other potential repair costs.

During mid January service, I asked them to look into my left indicator malfunction. They replaced the flasher relay which is part of the hazard warning light and told me that that the indicator stalk needs replacing.

They promised to order it. They never did despite constant follow up!

I got it from ebay within 5 days. They then refuse to fit it

To cut a long story short, I had checked the flasher relay before the first service. When fitting the indicator stalk. I checked the relay again, only to find that it was the original - based on the muck and the manufacturing date. It was never replaced.

They cheated me of Rs 1500. I had no proof so it was time to cost them a sale and a discontinued relationship.

During the service, I hd been charged for brake cleaning. 10 days later, I went to get the rear tyres changed. Madhu's needed a hammer to get the wheels off. This implied, they never removed the wheels to clean the brakes in the first place.

When the dealer calls for feedback, I explain all this. All I get was "Saaary Saaar"

Saaary to you Vinayak, I bought a VW instead!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 15:04   #50
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Regrettably, my last experience with Vinayak cost them a sale and some other potential repair costs.

During mid January service, I asked them to look into my left indicator malfunction. They replaced the flasher relay which is part of the hazard warning light and told me that that the indicator stalk needs replacing.

They promised to order it. They never did despite constant follow up!

I got it from ebay within 5 days. They then refuse to fit it

To cut a long story short, I had checked the flasher relay before the first service. When fitting the indicator stalk. I checked the relay again, only to find that it was the original - based on the muck and the manufacturing date. It was never replaced.

They cheated me of Rs 1500. I had no proof so it was time to cost them a sale and a discontinued relationship.

During the service, I hd been charged for brake cleaning. 10 days later, I went to get the rear tyres changed. Madhu's needed a hammer to get the wheels off. This implied, they never removed the wheels to clean the brakes in the first place.

When the dealer calls for feedback, I explain all this. All I get was "Saaary Saaar"

Saaary to you Vinayak, I bought a VW instead!
Hey!
I think you would do well to share this direct with Hemanth. If nothing else, it may help avoid future issues for other Skoda car owners. Or can I tell him about this experience of yours?
Old 25th June 2012, 23:37   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan

Hey!
I think you would do well to share this direct with Hemanth. If nothing else, it may help avoid future issues for other Skoda car owners. Or can I tell him about this experience of yours?
Sure, please tell him! It is no point telling the service folks
Old 25th June 2012, 23:43   #52
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat

Sure, please tell him! It is no point telling the service folks
Sure will do that. All the best in the Jetta!
Cheerio!
Old 26th June 2012, 00:24   #53
BHPian

I have a 2011 Laura TSI and had my first experience with Vinayak motors with the infamous lot of cars without fog lamps. They convinced me saying that the Skoda had stopped providing fogs on the TSI Ambiente model. Only after taking delivery did this issue of missing fogs come up on T-BHP. I wish I had waited for few more weeks. I was pretty disappointed with Vinayak motors.

Recently I had to take my car for first service to their KR Puram service centre and I got the first taste of their excellent service. I told them of the common problem of leaking air from the front windshield defogger when the blower air flow is directed towards the passengers. The service engineer checked out the air flow and noted it in his job card.

I hung around the place while the car was serviced and at one point I noticed that in one of the centre blower at the front dash, 2-3 fins were stuck and not moving in unison with the other fins when the slider is moved. I immediately brought this to the attention of the service engineer assigned to my car and he told me that according to the technician working on my car, it was already broken from the start. I was shocked and speechless! I told them it was perfectly working and they had to fix it. They detached it from the dashboard and 2 to 3 guys took turns to repair it and finally the end result was that none of the fins were working! They said some clip was broken and the whole centre storage box with the fins had to be replaced. They did not have stock and they expected me to pay for it if I wanted to get it replaced.

I was fuming at them and demanded that they had to fix it or replace it free of cost as it was in perfect working condition when I brought my car in the morning. Although the service engineer was polite, he insisted that the thing was broken when I got the car! I reminded him that he had clearly tested the air vents when I was explaining the problem of leaking air from the dash defogger, but he said he didn't remember!

Now I escalated this to their general manager who was introduced to me as Mr. Aiyyanar. He listened to my version and also his service guys version and at first tried to question me "you were near your car all day! How can the technician break it!" I was shocked by his question and snapped back that I am not an expert to verify and monitor everything their guys do to my car! Then he says that he allowed me to be near the car when generally owners are not allowed at the service area! I didn't know how that mattered or related to the broken part! I protested and then he reluctantly agreed that they will replace the part free of cost when they get stock. Till date they have not called me back although it has been 3 weeks now!

I am so disappointed that I take a perfectly working car to them for service and come back with a broken part! I am still hoping that they will replace the part and change my perception about Skoda service.
Old 26th June 2012, 02:52   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa
I have a 2011 Laura TSI and had my first experience with Vinayak motors with the infamous lot of cars without fog

I am so disappointed that I take a perfectly working car to them for service and come back with a broken part! I am still hoping that they will replace the part and change my perception about Skoda service.
With reference to your problem id like to say that we should collect a copy of the inspection sheets when we deliver the vehicle at service.
My issue maybe in a different car but its almost similar. On giving my ford figo for a second service at India garage, i received the vehicle back with bent left fender.
I notified this to the staff who asked how did i know it wasnt there from before. Then i luckily had the inspection sheet copy with me. Showed them that they had made no mention of the dents in it. After 20minutes of waiting and checking cctv footage and clicking and emailing pictures of the dent to Ford India, they agreed to do the bodywork for free and have given it to me in writing.

The moral of my story is Always keep the copies of the jobsheet, inspection sheet when giving the vehicle for service. This issues is a common thing at all service centres. The workers tend to create some mess or the other more so with higher end cars.

Regards.
Old 1st July 2012, 02:18   #55
BHPian

Update on my recent experience with Śkoda service. They have replaced the broken AC vent free of cost. Had to follow up and haggle with them but they eventually obliged. I am happy again!
Old 1st July 2012, 07:06   #56
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealership in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajni View Post
Do anyone know any reliable person at Tafe so I can talk to him/her. I believe a few such experiences can seriously damage the impression for Skoda as a trustable brand. I was sincerely hoping that Skoda and all its dealers would be taking measures to not repeating their mistakes in the past after the addition of the new member - Rapid - in their family. But, it seems that they still haven't learnt
rajni, I may have caught your post a wee bit too late. The sales folks at Skoda are very desperate to make a sale, so honesty is the last thing you can expect from them. The poc for me at Tafe Hosur Road was one Mr. Mubarak. He didn't know a lot, but definitely was the better of the sales POCs over there at that time. The manager was one big balloon of helium gas IMHO. So, I never heeded his word.

Let me know whether you have this issue resolved yet. Thanks.
Old 1st July 2012, 12:44   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
Keep pushing it and let me know if it doesn't happen in a week, I know a few movers and shakers at Vinayak and might be able to help. Do NOT let off the pressure.
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2012, 14:53   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajni
I believe this is the right place to post this thread. Please move it otherwise.

I made up my mind in February for the much awaited upgrade to my first Diesel Sedan. Reviews at Team-Bhp helped me a lot in making up my mind for Skoda Rapid. would be taking measures to not repeating their mistakes in the past after the addition of the new member - Rapid - in their family. But, it seems that they still haven't learnt

How did I mss this? Am sorry.

Like Dev says we can help you through the Vinayak people as we have good relationships that we can leverage there. Either Dev or I are happy to help anytime.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2012, 21:25   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath

Keep pushing it and let me know if it doesn't happen in a week, I know a few movers and shakers at Vinayak and might be able to help. Do NOT let off the pressure.
@Devdath - Thanks for offering to help. I followed up and got the part replaced. Believe me it was not easy though
Old 4th July 2012, 23:11   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
How did I mss this? Am sorry.

Like Dev says we can help you through the Vinayak people as we have good relationships that we can leverage there. Either Dev or I are happy to help anytime.

Thanks Dev and Shankar. Yes, after a lotsa phone calls and visit to followup and pressurize I was able to get my car delivered on 5th of April. Yes, it's been 3 months! But, I must admit I am still not happy with the pre/after sales experience at Tafe. The most recent example is my NCB reimbursement. My NCB wasn't ready at the time of delivery and so I had confirmed with the insurance department at Tafe that I can go with the NCB certificate later to get the bonus reimbursed. But, after providing all documents I am still waiting for the money to be deposited into my account. Whenever I call the Sales/Insurance executives they would swear it will be resolved in a day or two. I would then decide to give them a couple of more days but eventually would forget to call them back in my own busy life. And the next time when I remember it again and call them I get the same response. I have no hope for Skoda customer care either. I had dropped them a mail for my initial issues and never got reply from a human (just the automated reply).

By the way, how about the service experience at Vinayak? My car would cross the 7K in next month likely and I need some advise here

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks