Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2012, 11:08   #61
BANNED

re: Experience with TAFE & Vinayak - Skoda dealers in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajni View Post
By the way, how about the service experience at Vinayak? My car would cross the 7K in next month likely and I need some advise here
Good to know that Rajni.
Vinayak's Old Madras road outlet is completely crowded and not worth a visit, however, their Okhlipuram branch is a new one and is well equipped. My friends give their Rapids and Fabias regularly and are pleased.

I would recommend it.
Old 24th November 2012, 22:37   #62

My BIL bought a Skoda Rapid. He had booked a white color Rapid and the delivery lead time was about 10 days. After discussion with my sister they decided on Silver Color Rapid and requested the same to Vinayaka. They were promised a Silver Rapid but on the day of delivery they had registered a while color rapid. Vinayaka guys were rude and even told my BIL that he never told them Silver color and if he really wanted Silver he sould have given in writing . Showed high handedness and put the blame on by BIL. Car was registered hence nothing could be done. The GM of Vinayaka too insisted that the white rapid should be accepeted else they wont be able to do anything much and he can fight his case in court. After that incident I decided that I will never buy a Skoda in my life. I was about to buy a Laura but stuck with my Figo which is now covered 38K Kms
harsha80n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2012, 12:51   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha80n View Post
My BIL bought a Skoda Rapid. He had booked a white color Rapid and the delivery lead time was about 10 days. After discussion with my sister they decided on Silver Color Rapid and requested the same to Vinayaka. They were promised a Silver Rapid but on the day of delivery they had registered a while color rapid. Vinayaka guys were rude and even told my BIL that he never told them Silver color and if he really wanted Silver he sould have given in writing . Showed high handedness and put the blame on by BIL. Car was registered hence nothing could be done. The GM of Vinayaka too insisted that the white rapid should be accepeted else they wont be able to do anything much and he can fight his case in court. After that incident I decided that I will never buy a Skoda in my life. I was about to buy a Laura but stuck with my Figo which is now covered 38K Kms
Was there some place where the color change was written in writing. If not then i am sorry to say that your BIL has erred. Atleast he could have written a email to the dealership informing the change of the color and getting back the acknowledgement in writing! Otherwise the case does not hold any water!
Old 25th November 2012, 13:06   #64
BANNED

Quote:
My BIL bought a Skoda Rapid. He had booked a white color Rapid and the delivery lead time was about 10 days. After discussion with my sister they decided on Silver Color Rapid and requested the same to Vinayaka.
Was this change in color noted somewhere in writing or was it over a phone call? If the color change was not documented, you will need to live with the white car since you do have any legal points at court as well.

The dealer too is helpless since there cannot be any changes made after the car is registered in the name of the owner unless there is a name transfer which will make a new car, second hand, in papers.

A PDI with a a photo and a note of the VIN number BEFORE registration helps in avoiding all these unpleasantries.
Old 25th November 2012, 13:48   #65
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
My BIL bought a Skoda Rapid. He had booked a white color Rapid and the delivery lead time was about 10 days. After discussion with my sister they After that incident I decided that I will never buy a Skoda in my life. I was about to buy a Laura but stuck with my Figo which is now covered 38K Kms
I usually put down most of my points or requests in writing. And follow it up with a tele-call. I also prefer to deal with the boss-man and not some poor young under-paid sales exec who may make ill-guided super-promises in his youth and eagerness and perhaps, lack of knowledge.

Now, in this case, obviously if the car is registered no one can do anything at all.
However, had you put things in writing, you could have shown the proof of the discussion having taken place. Without that, Im afraid your "case", such as it is, simply does not hold water at all. However, if you actually do have documented evidence, you have every right to raise a big stink!

I would also like to ask here, with all due respect, whether, given the same set of circumstances, suppose this had happened with Toyota, Maruti or Hyundai, would their answers or actions been any different?

I agree many people here have lots of reasons to be angry with Skoda and VW and others, but this does not seem to be a good enough reason, in the absence of a proper well-documented understanding rather than a casual corridor conversation.

I say lets be fair, thats all.
I would be the first to flay them alive if I (god forbid!!) had a bad experience but I would only do it if it were fair and not otherwise.

With ref your decision to stay away from Skoda for life, I guess you have every right to please yourself in this regard. But in my view, I would think this reaction a bit on the extreme side...

Last edited by shankar.balan : 25th November 2012 at 13:51.
Old 10th April 2013, 23:47   #66
BHPian

My Rapid has been with vinayak Old Madras Road for 2+ months now. Im dealing with the GM there, Ayaana. It appears like theres been a screw-up in the estimate they gave to the insurance and the approval has not been given for the complete repair work. Now he and his insurance surveyor buddy Deepak (from bajaj allianz) seem to be playing games with me. Any idea on the escalation matrix with Vinayak?

I dont know of any dealership who take than 2-3 weeks for repairs. Staying away from skoda would be best thing to do until they get their service issues in order. Emailing the customer care also falls on deaf years.

If you absolutely have to buy a skoda, then buy at Vinayak and service it at TAFE. They appear to have improved after a big slump.

Last edited by InfinteLoop : 10th April 2013 at 23:59. Reason: minor correction
Old 8th May 2013, 18:36   #67
BHPian

Am not sure how skoda can help you here, but do try emailing directly to to their customer care person

deepak.n@skoda-auto.co.in

if you wish to escalate try emailing to Mr. Sudhir srinivas, he appears to be a senior person.

srinivas.sudhir@skoda-auto.co.in.

also do not forget to post your woes in skoda india facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/SkodaIndia?ref=ts&fref=ts.

I had a issue, so I posted on their fb page as well as mailed to the above , You will get a response from them.
Old 19th December 2013, 20:27   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I also prefer to deal with the boss-man and not some poor young under-paid sales exec who may make ill-guided super-promises in his youth and eagerness and perhaps, lack of knowledge.

With ref your decision to stay away from Skoda for life, I guess you have every right to please yourself in this regard. But in my view, I would think this reaction a bit on the extreme side...

They respect you Shankar as a very valued customer. I visited Vinayak Skoda today and have booked a Rapid Active plus Silver vehicle, Devaraj is my Sales person, also met their GM Hemanth Kumar and overall it was a good experience. Looking forward for a Skoda ownership for a longtime

Last edited by deehunk : 19th December 2013 at 20:35. Reason: Browser issue
Old 21st February 2014, 09:54   #69
Senior - BHPian

Its unfortunate that they have sold me a re-painted Rapis Silver color last month, paint has started bubbling. I have lodged a complaint with them and they have not responded from last 24hours. I have already lodged a complaint with Skoda about their attitude. I had done a PDI before paying the full amount but was denied an opportunity to look at the interiors saying keys were not available at stock yard. They are now doing delay tactics.
Attached Thumbnails
Experience with TAFE & Vinayak - Skoda dealers in Bangalore-fot2910.jpg  

Experience with TAFE & Vinayak - Skoda dealers in Bangalore-fotb612.jpg  

Old 1st March 2014, 23:21   #70
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Its unfortunate that they have sold me a re-painted Rapid Silver color last month, paint has started bubbling. I have lodged a complaint with them and they have not responded from last 24hours. I have already lodged a complaint with Skoda about their attitude. I had done a PDI before paying the full amount but was denied an opportunity to look at the interiors saying keys were not available at stock yard. They are now doing delay tactics.
Very unfortunate, to say the least!
Any further update on this issue deehunk? Why don't you create an ownership thread for your car?
Old 27th August 2014, 22:25   #71
BHPian

Have picked up a used TSI over the last weekend & have to service it, believe me this thread does not inspire any confidence at all :(
Looks like its a choice b/w the devil & the deep sea here.
Will post my experience later.
Old 2nd September 2014, 20:42   #72
BHPian

I got the car serviced(20K) from vinayak last Saturday(total was 17,660/-) few bushes in the front suspension were broken & they costed a whopping 5,500/- + plus a link rod , another rubber part needed changing which wasn't in stock(add another 3K to final bill)

Overall experience was just ok ignoring the fact that they offer you tea/coffee multiple times.

I'm just happy that I don't have to pay them a visit anytime soon(hopefully) as service interval is 1 yr or 15K kms
Old 4th January 2015, 12:43   #73
BHPian

Can skoda owners update the current status of A.S.S experience with Tafe and Vinayak. Who is better now?
Old 24th January 2015, 10:43   #74

I had purchased my Laura TSI with TAFE and must say that my experience with them so far has always been good. Maybe I got good service managers or plain lucky. Many a time I used to drop in to have a quick check, whenever a warning light comes up on the dash, or enabling the DRLs. They have been quick to attend. The service advisor usually gives me a headsup on changes that require. I have had no issues with them so far.
Old 9th May 2015, 10:10   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
I had purchased my Laura TSI with TAFE and must say that my experience with them so far has always been good. Maybe I got good service managers or plain lucky. Many a time I used to drop in to have a quick check, whenever a warning light comes up on the dash, or enabling the DRLs. They have been quick to attend. The service advisor usually gives me a headsup on changes that require. I have had no issues with them so far.
Hey Alchemist,
Do you remember the name of this specific service adviser?

Rgds,
Sanju

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks