Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2008, 11:46   #1
BHPian

Sai services (mumbai) leaves a hammer in my engine bay!!

I'm not very sure if this is the right place to post my query, but still giving it a shot.
well, yesterday took my SX4 to sai services mumbai for fitting a relay and 100/90W headlamp bulbs to upgrade it from stock 60/55W. o.k. now the job got done in about 45 minutes time,came back home in the evening,went to my consulting. the next day morning ;just out of curiosity opened the hood to check the wiring, the relay,the fittings etc.everything seemed fine. was about to shut and leave and to my dismay found a big hammer and a pointy thing that they use to make holes lying right inside the bay!!it never belonged to me obviously, and was forgotten the last day by the service station guy right inside the hood!my query is:

what if any of the metalic heavy objects would have dropped/slipped off in to the engine/fanbelt or other mechanical/ moving parts?

would that damage the engine and it that unfortunate event....well what are the consequences?

what you suggest i should do,i mean to take the matters further and put an official complaint for the negligence or generously pardon them

i'm shocked,irritated,angry and finally relieved that nothing untoward has happened

please help!
Old 31st July 2008, 12:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

Says a lot about the SX4's suspension, I guess.

I think you should put this in writing to Maruti & also why were they using the hammer & punch ? dont they have a drilling machine ?
Old 31st July 2008, 13:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

This is ridiculous. Complain to Maruti in writing.
Old 31st July 2008, 13:36   #4
BHPian

Wow hammer and chisel, nice thoughtful complementary gifts for servicing with MSIL.

What uses can you think of - I feel it was meant to be used on the service manger, engineer in case you were not fully satisfied with the service.

Members feel free to contribute with more uses for these gifts.
Old 31st July 2008, 14:05   #5
BHPian

To err is human. Mistakes do happen. While I would forgive them for forgetting their tools in your engine bay, I would nevertheless NEVER EVER forgive them for using a punch and a hammer instead of a drilling machine.

Forget tools was a mistake. Using improper tools was intentional and thus a crime.

My 2 cents

Cheers,

Rajan

Last edited by PatchyBoy : 31st July 2008 at 14:09.
Old 31st July 2008, 14:17   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
To err is human. Mistakes do happen. While I would forgive them for forgetting their tools in your engine bay, I would nevertheless NEVER EVER forgive them for using a punch and a hammer instead of a drilling machine.

Forget tools was a mistake. Using improper tools was intentional and thus a crime.

My 2 cents

Cheers,

Rajan
Very well put. I second that.
Maybe you can forgive them for the mistake, however do question their ways of drilling (rather punching in this case) holes into the body/part of your car.
Old 31st July 2008, 16:01   #7
Senior - BHPian

Complain to Maruti. This should not happen.

But what really surprises me is that they are not using proper tools for worknig on cars.

Also complain to the service manager.
Old 31st July 2008, 16:14   #8
BHPian

On a positive note, now that you have the hammer, keep it under your driver's seat. Mumbai Traffic Police would be very happy if you take their suggestion and use a hammer to break open your windows incase you and your car get trapped in a flood and God forbid, your doors get locked. If you have an autocop installed, that is.
Old 31st July 2008, 17:34   #9
BANNED

Doctors forgets Needels, Towels in Patients Body, So this is nothing. Just Normal, But Definitely speak to Sai services and threaten them

Last edited by nicejits : 31st July 2008 at 17:43.
Old 31st July 2008, 18:55   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

You really have lady luck on your side, for the hammer not to have caused any damage. Always make it a point to check your car thoroughly before delivery (when new or after service / repair jobs).
Old 1st August 2008, 12:31   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Samrat25 - the "pointy" thing is known in tapori language as "TOCHA". It is used to make holes in the body to fit things like relays etc. I know all this. You as a customer go to a dealer to fit your 100/90 watts bulbs etc. The dealer makes the bill and collects his money. This and all such jobs are finally actually done by Rajus, Arjuns, Hanifs, Chettans, Annas etc who operate at minimum knowledge and attitude level, so these things happen. As the dealer is only a post office, what else do you expect? I can confidently tell you that the wiring if your relay will be hanging and all tapes on it (if at all they are there), will be loose. I KNOW IT.

I have insulated myself from all such nonsense. On my cars, I do things myself, thank youvery much.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 1st August 2008, 22:44   #12
Senior - BHPian

Actually, to fit a relay, no punch would be required, it can be grounded to one of the existing ground connection. Also, you get to buy wiring for relay, which plugs into the existing couplers, no cutting/pasting involved. Was yours done that way?
Old 1st August 2008, 23:54   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You really have lady luck on your side, for the hammer not to have caused any damage. Always make it a point to check your car thoroughly before delivery (when new or after service / repair jobs).
Sure but this time lady luck condusive! what if the hammer or punch had inetgrated with the radiator fan etc.?

I think a strong complaint to Maruti is in order.
Old 2nd August 2008, 15:34   #14
BHPian

very kind of you all

yes brothers,
got the mixed kind of responses that i was expecting from you gems. well, me after having an abortive talk( because ,the telephone line got disconnected while conversing with the branch manager;it seems) couldn't put my point through! the gentleman never bothered to get in touch with me,sigh!waited till long time but in vain. sai services dosen't believe in accepting and rectifying the horrandous goof-ups,looks like.now this leaves me in a dillema,'cause i purchsed my sx4 from spectra motors,mumbai but got it serviced from the great sai services as i was not satisfied with the former in there proffessionalsim and services. i had religiously got my zen serviced from spectra motors for six years and had reached the conclusion!
so to cut the long story short, i have decided to GANDHIGIRI. i'll be taking, the by now famous hammer and punch, attractively gift wrapped and hand it over ceremoniously to the branch manager with my whole lot of folks and friends. i'll be thanking him immencely for the services provided and not to mention click a few photos too, to mark the occasion.
what say,fellows?
am i hoping for too much?
Old 2nd August 2008, 23:25   #15
Senior - BHPian

@samrat25:

Dont spend time, energy and resourced behind this issue. Just take photographs, fire email to Maruti and call the service center to inform him.
Tell him that he is not getting his hammer back. Scold him. That will be sufficient.

If need, make a call to regional head.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks