Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2008, 12:02   #1
BHPian

My Swift in shatters after given to Body workshop at Maruti Service masters

Guys,

I had recently given my Swift for a Body repair at Maruti Service masters, Okhla Branch.
When I received it back, I got it with:

- My Xenon Lamps not working
- My underbody Lights not working
- My Flashers not working
- A new scratch on my right side rear door
- My LED Number plates not working

A loss of close to 20k.

Request you guys to help me with any contact detail of a person to whom I can raise this issue.
I had sent a written complaint but in Vain.
have been driving my car with Fog lamps only for the past one month and not even teh customer care head of MSM, Okhla is not bothered, says I am on leave.
How can such things be tolerated from a brand which boasts so much about their Customer Care being their top most priority.

Please help!!!!

- Gagan
Old 2nd August 2008, 12:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

Considering all the stuff that conked out are aftermarket accessories, i dont think the garage will claim any responsibility for it. Instead of running around with no lights, go to some other place and see what the actual problem is. Looking at the problems, looks like a simple fuse problem to me!!
Old 2nd August 2008, 12:10   #3
BHPian

The maruti guys would have disconnected the battery cables,and your accessories power or grounding wires might not have been plugged again to the battery,if you can get the wiring checked from an car electrical expert in your area,I am sure there might be some small issue of the accessories wire being disconnected.

AK
Old 2nd August 2008, 12:51   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Considering all the stuff that conked out are aftermarket accessories, i dont think the garage will claim any responsibility for it. Instead of running around with no lights, go to some other place and see what the actual problem is. Looking at the problems, looks like a simple fuse problem to me!!
I think even if they are accesories, they are a part of the vehicle and if they are not working then Maruti guys are responsible for every bit.
I have got them checked and all the wires and fuses are in place , the connectors have been damaged.
I wanted help from you guys, if you know any person I can contact directly for such issues.

- Gagan
Old 2nd August 2008, 12:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

Considering that most of the electrial parts are not working, check the wiring and fuse.
Old 2nd August 2008, 15:50   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Actually, they may have done other road users a service . Just kidding.

All the malfunctioning parts are fitted in the after-market. Its possible that the workshop simply wasn't familiar with its wiring, or didnt want to take the chance of blowing them up. I suggest you go back to where you got these fitted from, and get it rewired.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2008, 19:37   #7
Senior - BHPian

heh, you should be happy nothing has happened so far.some other dealerships would have cried bloody murder , not touched your car at all citing the mods , and cancelled your warranty right away, or even worse, removed them. You really cant expect a dealer's place to take care of all these aftermarket mods right ?
Old 2nd August 2008, 19:59   #8
BHPian

Am really worried after reading dhall's (electrical parts) experience. Have any of the tbhpians experienced any problems in their audio systems (comps, amps or wiring) after service ??? Removing them before service and re-installing after that, is problematic with component speakers and amplifiers. My third service is due, am really worried how the service center guys will treat aftermarket audio systems in cars?????
Old 2nd August 2008, 22:38   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhall_gagan View Post
Guys,

I had recently given my Swift for a Body repair at Maruti Service masters, Okhla Branch.
When I received it back, I got it with:

- A new scratch on my right side rear door

A loss of close to 20k.

Request you guys to help me with any contact detail of a person to whom I can raise this issue.
I had sent a written complaint but in Vain.
have been driving my car with Fog lamps only for the past one month and not even teh customer care head of MSM, Okhla is not bothered, says I am on leave.
How can such things be tolerated from a brand which boasts so much about their Customer Care being their top most priority.

Please help!!!!

- Gagan
When you turned the car in for service, did the job card mention that these accessories were working, were these checked ?
Old 2nd August 2008, 22:49   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

The Maruti dealers are nowadays quite well behaved on the whole. Its unbelievable that some dealer would do such nasty things to a new car that has come for servicing. OK these were after market fittings. Once the car is in their custody its their lookout to keep it safe . The scratch on the body has nothing to do with aftermarket and beforemarket. Its negligence. I think you should publicise their misdeeds through the print media so that they mend their ways. Approaching some press reporter may help.
Old 2nd August 2008, 23:44   #11
Senior - BHPian

I am willing to bet that either the power cable from the battery is disconnected or a fuse which controls all the above is blown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Actually, they may have done other road users a service . Just kidding.
hehehe
Old 5th August 2008, 13:26   #12
BHPian

I am sure the power cables from the battery is disconnected . It happens to me regularly when i give my car for service .
Do take the car where u fixed your accessories and ask them to do a check rather than driving on fog lamps .
I am sure those people can tell you what is gone wrong and depending on that take our further actions if maruti people are at fault .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks