Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2008, 23:00   #1
BHPian

Trident Hyundai, Bangalore

The good: I booked the new i10 kappa Sportz AT and wanted to get it delivered before 31st July since there was a 2% increase in Motor Vehicle Tax in Bangalore starting 1st August. They did get it in time and got it registered on the 30th so I saved 10K. I also wanted Bridgestone tyres particularly instead of the MRF tyres and they ensured I got one with the brand of tyres I asked for.

The Bad: I had to take the delivery on Thursday, 31st July and the sales person "forgot" that the day was Thursday the day it had to be delivered. Friday being a solar eclipse and Saturday an inauspicious day, I decided to take delivery on Sunday.

The Ugly: Sunday I go over, inspect the car as per the PDI from this forum, the documentation is no where near desired.

1) No Invoice / Sales Certificate, will be delivered later.
2) No Warranty Cards for Battery, Tyres and Company fitted Music System (as per the owners manual, Hyundai does not take guarantee for these parts, the third party manufacture covers these parts, so, I guess, I would need the warranty card)
3) Warranty card for the extra accessory, Remote Lock and Window upmodeler not stamped. the accessory guys don't come on Sundays.
4) I pay for the extra acessories that I put, I don't get the reciept for that since their reciepts book is out of reciepts.

The Sales person has no clue as to why I need the warranty cards (any problem, come to us, we'll rectify everything), we call up his manager and he says that he's been delivering the documents as prescribed by Hyundai, which does not include any warranty cards for these parts and no one else has ever pointed out or requested them ever from him (atleast for i10) . I refuse to agree and don't take delivery.

Hopefully, they get their act together and deliver tomorrow (Monday).

Have other folks taken delivery of their Hyundai vehicles and haven't got these documents?? Is it normal?

Rishi
Old 4th August 2008, 00:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

Rishi - I did not take warranty cards for Tyres/Battery for any of my cars including my mother's i10. If there is a defect, all I've ever done is take it to the dealer & he takes care of the issue based on the date of purchase.
Old 4th August 2008, 00:23   #3
Team-BHP Support

Actually the battery brand and serial number, tyre brand and batch code are mentioned in the service booklet. This serves as the warranty so you don't need the individual warranty cards.

For the remote lock and the music system you will get the warranty unless the music system is a grey market one.
Old 4th August 2008, 09:37   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Rishi - I did not take warranty cards for Tyres/Battery for any of my cars including my mother's i10. If there is a defect, all I've ever done is take it to the dealer & he takes care of the issue based on the date of purchase.
That is exactly what my point was, by not giving the warranty card they are ensuring that I always come to them for any problems rather than directly going to the manufacturer or elsewhere.
Old 4th August 2008, 18:30   #5
BHPian

Rishi, I took delivery of my i10 on 31st July as well. Mine was also from Trident on Hosur road.

And, I must say they are pretty pathetic:
- The sunfilm fixed has bubbles, they promised to get it redone.
- The clutch had about 2 inches of play, which those people claimed is fine. After being subjected to some good adjectives they promptly adjusted it.

I'm thinking of writing to Hyundai.. BTW, who was your salesperson?

Cheers,
Su-47
Old 4th August 2008, 21:13   #6
BHPian

I've booked my i10 from their Indiranagar showroom, won't prefer naming names here though. Although I did call up Hyundai and talked to a Sales Manager from Hyundai and customer service of Trident and an acquaintance in Delhi who deals in cars, it seems it's a Hyundai thing not to provide warranty cards for third party products like Tyres/ Batteries and Factory fitted Music system.
Although they specifically mention (and highlight in yellow) in their owners manual that these items are not covered under Hyundai warranty but only under manufactutrers warranty, which is absolutely fine *if* I know the terms of the manufacturers warranty which probably would only be available to me if I have the warranty card with me. Which is something I feel very strange... but thats how it is and I don't understand why?
Old 5th February 2009, 18:30   #7
BHPian

Adding the experience of second free service done at Trident's Koramangla Indranagar Ring Road service station - The service was fine but I had asked them to fit seat covers bought by me elsewhere as a part of the service. The cost of fitting was Rs. 300 .. but during the day of the service I get a call that the covers you bought were torn in many places, I disagreed and luckily my office is nearby so went directly to the station. The reality was, the rear headrest covers were torn while they tried to fit them (apparently they were a little tight) and the zipper of one of the backseat covers was broken (it wasn't so when I gave them). Again they gave me a reason that they are cheap local covers which you bought, they are no good (I bought them from Delhi from a relative of mine who manufactures the covers, can assure you of the quality). Ultimately they agreed to repair them and didn't fit the headrest covers citing that they will again tear if they wrestle with them.
These small problem undermine the overall experience, maybe after the 3rd free service I'll try the Advaith service station near ITPL since it's close to my residence.

Most Viewed