Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2012, 20:57   #16
BHPian

Re: Bosch Car Service in Whitefield ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Has any one got their car serviced here off late ? I got some good feedback from my colleagues who stay close by but I am still apprehensive about private service centers.
They are fit for nothing. I took my Swift there for fixing radiator lower hose leak and AC cleaning. As stated earlier by one of our forum members a guy who can hardly speak any language showed up to note down the problems. I didn't tell him anything as i felt i couldn't speak anything that he will understand. After sometime another "gentlemen" showed up. He started diagnosing the leak in radiator & concluded that its the problem with cracked radiator lower hose. Later he drove the vehicle a bit and complained about suspension noise in front left suspension. He took the vehicle to the nearby mall where the same owner owns a castrol pitstop and put the car on lift. Checked the vehicles and reported that the front passenger side bearing is worn out and there is excessive play in the wheel hub. He didn't notice a leaking rear shock absorber but always insisted that we need to overhaul the front suspension. He said all the components like strut, mount bushings, lower control arm bushings, tie rod ends & ball joints have to be replaced all in pairs. I asked for an estimate and he quoted over 20k. I replied him to stay put and asked him to just fix the bearings & radiator hose. He promised delivery by 5pm and left the car & took a bus back to my home.

At 5:30 pm i reached the service centre and he was still working on my car. He took 1 hr more and finally presented a bill. I was shocked to see the bill around 2k. He charged me for 2 liters of distilled water and 2 liters of coolant, labor of filling coolant etc etc .. i agreed and paid the bill and took my car delivery.

Now here comes the final chapter ..

On driving near Jail road ( relatively an isolated area) the cars ignition switched off in all humps and i restarted everytime thinking that its just my problem of handling clutch. One time even the car didn't start after several attempts and finally i noticed whats the issue. The problem is the lower radiator hose is blown off and all (believe me all .. ) coolant was drained down the road. I got so upset and called him to report this but nobody answered my call. I was stranded all alone in the road and approached a shop to get some water for radiator. Whatever i poured in came out almost instantaneously as the lower radiator is open. Not knowing what to do i drove the car for 5, 5 mins with stop overs for engine to cool down & finally reached home. The valve cover gasket, spark plug o rings & CKP sensor gasket all got blown due to excessive engine heating. I jacked up the car & went down the vehicle to reinstall the radiator hose & installed the clamp using giant pliers i borrowed from my apartment plumber. The issue was that mechanic stretched the radiator lower hose in the connection end on engine block hence it pulled from the radiator bottom end.
Having spent around 1k already on this repair i again went out to buy radiator coolant 2.5 litre and 2 lit water to fill the radiator with coolant.
I'm just sharing my experience to save ppl from these centers. They always try to rip off customers by saying all sort of things. I remember the mechanic telling me that my vehicle needs braking bleeding, AC clean up and all that. They operate with huge margins. The charge more than MGP rate as well. Better stay away from these centres and stick to A. S. S.
ravigop is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2012, 22:00   #17
BHPian

Bosch car service is complete waste. Never go there. One of my friend went there for servicing his car and burnt his fingers. Stick to you A.S.S as they will have spares readily available or available in a short span of time. Never trust these third party service centers they are just behind money.
Old 27th March 2012, 08:57   #18
BHPian

Very true, thats the case even with carnation. They call you every month saying "your car is due for service". When you visit them be sure to pay atleast 5k every visit. For no reason they suggest you to get brakes cleaned, clutch overhauled and one time that crazy guy even told me to get both my front struts changed. In 2010 i went to Carnation for wrapped rotors issue and they turned them and installed new brake pads. Recently i got brake squeal & while changing the brake pads i noticed that they have used cheap brake pads and not the OEM or equivalent one. But they charged me 3k for brake pads.
ravigop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 10:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

I recently got rearended and had some damage on the bumper and boot door. Dropped it off for service at Om Sai Service.
My experience was quite the contrary to what people have posted- I was able to tell them what exactly I needed done and they noted it down. They said it would take 3 days to get done, but by day 1 end, I was told I could collect the car on Day 2.
The car was kept ready, and the work exceeded all my expectations. Yes, it was expensive, but since I did not have a benchmark, I cannot say if it was higher than the rest.

Will I go there again -for sure - simply because the garage was organized and clean and I liked the experience.
Old 12th October 2012, 12:37   #20
BHPian

Bosch, Om Sai Motors, Kundalahalli, BLR

Did engine oil + filter + transmission oil change at Om Sai, Kundalahalli, BLR, inside cosmos mall.

Its not about 1, 2 or 5 thousand but tax components looked unnecessary inflated. Tax experts may be able to advice on this - i may be wrong.

Even if the bill is correct I think it is better to buy own oil and have it changed at smaller boy shops and support their income rather than passing tax to an inefficient govt. (as long as the oil is disposed safely and legally)
Attached Thumbnails
Bosch Car Service in Whitefield ?-oil.jpg  

Last edited by aerohit : 12th October 2012 at 12:42.
Old 19th May 2013, 21:05   #21
BHPian

Anyone been to Bosch Car Service Center in Whitefield. In Particular i am looking at the review for
Sri Raghavendraa Motors
13/2 & 13/3, Graphite India Road,
Bangalore

My Figo is due for 40000Km service and i am looking for an alternative to Ford ASS center.
Old 20th May 2013, 09:07   #22
Senior - BHPian

There is a new Bosch service station at Borewell road, the road leading to TZED, left after Adarsh Palm Meadows/ Renaissance Jaagriti in Whitefield. Anyone experienced their service? They seem to have a lot of cars brought in for various kinds of jobs.
Old 9th November 2013, 13:32   #23
BHPian

My car, Indigo CS, has completed 5 years and about 50k kilometers. I thought to give it a mid life upgrade by getting all the dents and scratches removed. Apart from that, the yearly normal service was due.

I searched for reviews on Bosch car service, specifically Sri Raghavendra Motors on the Graphite India Road, Whitefield but could not find any.

I took my car to them on a day after Deepawali. I was surprised that they were open when most of the Bangalore was sleeping. Took my car and as per my expectation there was absolutely no rush. Good for me. Since, I had no idea what to expect, first I had a look around at the facility. What I saw impressed me. They have reasonably big facility with good equipment levels. There were cars from almost all the manufacturers being serviced/repaired. There was Duster, Innova, Figo, Corolla, Vistas, Indigo, Xylo. That gave me some confidence.

My car had a specific problem of wobbling. I was pretty sure that it is due to tire wear out, as it had run almost 50k and that too mostly on Bangalore roads, or rather the lack of them. But I wanted to see what they would say. I was a sitting duck for them, as they could have given me any explanation. There mechanic, an elderly person, took a 5 minute test drive and said your car's tires are gone, rest nothing needs to be done. Your car is fine. That gave me lot of confidence that they are not here to fleece me.

The regular service included:
  1. Oil Change (Rs 1008)
  2. Engine Flush (Rs 440)
  3. AC belt replacement (Rs 380)
  4. Wheel Cylinder (Rs 350*2)
  5. Coolant, Wurth (Rs 152 for 0.5 Liter)
  6. Petrol Tank Float (Rs 556)
  7. Brake Fluid, Dot 3 (Rs 145 for 0.5 Liter)
  8. Brake Check (Rs 250)
  9. Gear Oil 90 (Rs 241*2)
  10. Distilled water (Rs 20)

The above list is all that was required in last one year of car maintenance.

Apart from this, I got RHS rear quarter panel and front bumper tinkered and repainted. It had taken lot of beating in last 5 years. RHS rear panel tinkering and painting costed me Rs 3800 and front bumper tinkering and painting Rs 3500. Also, got interior cleaning and shampoo done, which costed Rs 1300. The quality of cleaning is very good and I am satisfied with their work.

The overall quality of work is very good, especially tinkering and painting. The service adviser was pretty nice chap, kept me informed about the progress of work and car was ready as per the estimated time. What I liked most was that they looked genuine and was not being pushy about replacing/changing parts unnecessarily. Overall satisfied and looks like I found an alternative to Tata service

TIP: Do check your bill for each item twice before payment.
Old 23rd November 2013, 17:00   #24

I recently gave my car (Logan 1.6 DLS) to Fast Wheels a BOSCH service centre in Yelahanka. This guy has about 12 pages of supposedly satisfied customer reviews written on Just Dial web page. I was basically tired of Sireesh Auto's fleecing ways and pathetic service, and was looking for reliable alternatives. The first time I went to have a look at the set up and the owner Babu Reddy took a test drive with me and assured me there is nothing major that is wrong with the car and a good service should make it as good as new. (I have covered about 71000 kms on it so far). I gave my car to him for service and he confirmed a 3 day time period (apparently due to too much load). I got a call on the third day saying I could collect my car and the bill was a shocking Rs.7500/-, same as what a Sireesh Auto would have charged me. When I got there, I was given a list of work carried out and spares and consumables changed including 4 spark plugs, engine oils, additives, oil filters etc etc. Also brake drums were serviced and put back rather than changing them. The most important being the accelerator cable was changed too. After negotiating and paying 7100, I left from there.

Less than 2 kms of driving and the accelerator pedal just sat down flat, and I was left stranded on a signal with no throttle. Got the vehicle to one side, called Mr. Babu Reddy who dispatched someone immediately. After waiting on the road for 45 mins,the mechanic changed one more cable and said ome to my offi a better local mech.
Manoj Barai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 21:44   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj Barai View Post
I recently gave my car (Logan 1.6 DLS) to Fast Wheels a BOSCH service centre in Yelahanka.
I would really not trust reviews on Just Dial or some other site which are not known to be automobile specific portals. Anyone can write good reviews about themselves.

So how would you rate them? Would you go again and would you recommend this to other Bhpians?
Old 24th November 2013, 13:18   #26

I would rate them about 2 out of 10. As is obvious all the non BOSCH spares used by this workshop are spurious local manufactures, and also the fact that neither Reddy the owner nor any of his mechanics knew the correct cable or the correct way of fitting it means getting your car serviced at this place is a definite risk. I would not recommend these guys to anyone at all.
Old 15th May 2014, 18:36   #27
BHPian

Any feedback on Mudra Enterprises (Bosch Service Center) located at Kasturi Nagar-Bangalore?!
I am planning to go there mainly for fuel injector cleaning and some other small works on my car.

When I called up today, they said injector cleaning will take some 4~5 hrs and will cost me around 1.5K.
Old 13th April 2015, 17:37   #28
BHPian

Any feedback on Sri Raghavendra Bosch Service Centre. My Ritz's second paid service is coming up and I think the guys at Pratham's Queen' Road service centre just serve up a big quotation for no reason. Last time they said it will cost 7k. This time, the same figure again. Do you think Bosch Service centre will be a good alternative. My friend has been very happy with Malleswaram Bosch Centre. Since this place is closer to my office in Whitefield, I thought I will ask you guys before going for it. Or you can also suggest any Bosch Centre or Garage closer to Frazer Town or Whitefield...it would be awesome!

Last edited by creative420 : 13th April 2015 at 17:47.
Old 6th July 2015, 14:24   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Any feedback on Sri Raghavendra Bosch Service Centre.
I have never given my car here. A colleague has and has high praises for them. One was when he had a Ford Fusion and he very recently gave his Hyundai Elantra for a dent repair and paint job. Work done was outstanding. It was a minor scratch and paint job as a result of the foot rest of a motorcycle hitting the door. Hyundai quoted Rs. 17000. Bosch did it for Rs. 5700, inclusive of taxes.

There is one problem though, they are packed to the brim with cars and don't ever wash the car. The water in Hoodi is hard and this leaves patches all over the car, if not properly wiped down after a wash. It is better to take the car to 3M or some place else for a wash.

I approached them once for a cabin filter, for my Fiat Linea. While the carton indicated the correct model, the filter inside the carton was the wrong one. They refunded in full, no questions asked.

I have also seen Ambassadors and old Mahindra Jeeps getting fixed. Few have the knowledge to tune and do general maintenance on these old cars. It is some indication that they have folks who can handle carburetor equipped vehicles.

Most Viewed