Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2008, 22:04   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Oh BTW the car was not used as a test mule as the odo read only 55 kms when it came from the yard and the moment I saw it at the dealer it had the feel of not having been used which wont be possible if it was used as a test mule. Plus I had asked them if I could have the test drive of the sle one and they said sorry because the test mule that they had was a sdx multijet, which I could drive to "get the feel."

disconected odo?

strongly advice you to avoid this car.
Fate has already warned you, why do u want to tempt it?
Old 6th August 2008, 22:23   #32
BHPian

^ I second that.

Now you have seen first hand how they behave behind the scenes.. why should you willingly take the risk ? Most likely the car has been r4ped by every customer who came to book this vehicle - I mean he himself told you that it was a test drive vehicle - slip of the tongue - right ?

Your FIL might like this car on a special occasion but is it worth the risk ? I would never accede to this no matter what the situation was. Dont go for it mate.
Old 6th August 2008, 22:32   #33
Senior - BHPian

You are lucky to find this out.

Do not take the car. I would recommend to approach another dealer.
Old 6th August 2008, 23:49   #34
Senior - BHPian

Guys not much of a chance I have. And before I bought or placed my order I had asked for a test drive for an SLE and I was specifically told that they do not have a sle test car but the test car is an SDE a multijet. They can show me an SLE but not allow a test drive so I think the car is atleast not a test mule otherwise he would have offered a test drive to cement the deal initially. What I want to know is what would or can go wrong if the panels are replaced? Is there a major difference between factory fittings and the dealer fittings, after all its just a question of loosening and tightening a few bolts, isnt it?
The car is required and cannot be deferred for 10 days. He had wanted a red palio but since it was not available and would have had to be ordered he settled for the black one. Also what are the chances that the dealer I go to now would not have resorted to any such thing? The casual way with which they looked at those scratches showed that they were a common occurance. Another one of my friends who own a garage says that almost 70% of the new vehicles have undergone one or another repair before being given to the owners. I am in a dilemma now. He needs it so the choice right now is primarily in letting him have the car with touch ups and original fittings or new panels with retrofitments.
Old 7th August 2008, 00:27   #35
Senior - BHPian

bhai ji,

What is shocking is the extent of damage and the nonchalance.

Rest, this kinda stuff happens everywhere all the time. Go to any stockyard and you'll see cars being cleaned up. Of course, with some dealers its more, with MSIL, much much lesser, but it happens.

/Been there, seen alot ofthat. Suggest you ONLY go to Samyak for your services.
//and dont opean team bhp till then. It is literally life changing :rotfl
Old 7th August 2008, 00:44   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
You are lucky to find this out.

Do not take the car. I would recommend to approach another dealer.

i totally agree with this, if you can get back the booking amount if you paid any get it back and move to another dealer.

or if you can fight this, get a brand new car from them and try collecting some evidence click some pics of the chassis numbers and the damage and fight back please.

this would teach them a good lesson.

if incase only the delivery was left and you paid the amount and they act up saying the billing and paper work (for this particular vehicle) etc is done and all that, those pics should hold good with media. and they would definitely learn the lesson then.

Last edited by rider60 : 7th August 2008 at 00:47.
Old 7th August 2008, 01:27   #37
BHPian

@ wanderernomad: How could you agree to taking the same car when the sales guy accidently let it out that this car was being used for Test Drives. Further, how important the reason could be that your FIL shall need the car by Saturday itself - can you elaborate on that. I'am sure he is not a kid and this is not a toy car - if you explain the situation I'am sure he's ought to understand. If I were you I would in the 1st place steer clear of the brand "FIAT". Since you are already buying a Palio in that case atleast wait for a few days and get another car which is going to be brand new IMHO.
Old 7th August 2008, 01:59   #38

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

i would say drop the idea of getting a Fiat.Buy a swift or a hyundai or something.Your first experience has been bad.Dont forget that even after buying the car,you will still have to take your car for service to the same dealer.
Old 7th August 2008, 02:09   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Do not buy this car and negotiate with the dealer for more discount on the next car you order.
Old 7th August 2008, 08:03   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
i would say drop the idea of getting a Fiat.Buy a swift or a hyundai or something.Your first experience has been bad.Dont forget that even after buying the car,you will still have to take your car for service to the same dealer.
Not required. You can choose any dealer for service. I heard Samyak is doing good job.

-BSR
Old 7th August 2008, 08:27   #41
BANNED

I don't think he has to cancel the booking. Most dealers these days work the same way it's just that you don't see that. Ask him for a different car preferably, maybe the same car that they are taking the doors off! Of course threaten them that you will report to FIAT management.
Old 7th August 2008, 09:12   #42
Senior - BHPian

The amount has been paid and the car is just due for delivery but FIL wants the car on Friday so the delay. I agree that ignorance is bliss as the heart doesnt grieve what the eyes dont see. Cannot take the one the doors being taken off from as it is the slx version and not the sle. the only thing I want to ensure is that at least the panels being taken off are not the refurbished ones.lol. otherwise it would be a double whammy.
Old 7th August 2008, 09:51   #43
BHPian

Everyone's right. Don't go for this adjustment. Demand a new car. How would you know what else they would replace. Go to a different dealer, or these guys can take you for a ride again in the future.
Old 7th August 2008, 10:01   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Hi

Bro, you are damm lucky i would say.

Amit

Well said there, very lucky. The forum has instances of fixed/re-painted vehicles being delivered, sadly selling patched up damaged new vehicle is a common practice.

Last edited by liberal : 7th August 2008 at 10:06.
Old 7th August 2008, 11:01   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My FIL needs the vehicle by the mid of next week and no one is willing to commit anytime less than 10 days to get the new vehicle. So I think ill accept the new panels on the car as most of the parts would be a straight fit onto this model.

How much do you think are the chances of the panels and bumper not fitting properly as it is just a nut and bolt job from one similar car to another?
Couldn't your FIL use a cab or anything else ? This kind of pre-planned engagements leave you with no choice in a desparate situation, but still i would say WAIT.

Quote:
Oh BTW the car was not used as a test mule as the odo read only 55 kms when it came from the yard and the moment I saw it at the dealer it had the feel of not having been used which wont be possible if it was used as a test mule.

Thats not enough proof. Even if it was not a test mule, it has been driven aggressively & dented.

Most Viewed