Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2008, 12:44   #46
Senior - BHPian

Wanderernomad,

Tata Motors is monitoring this thread. I have personally spoken with the relevant gentlemen, and if you could kindly get in touch with me over PM (or check yours), I am quite confident that they would be able to arrange a positive end to this unfortunate event.

Cheers
Old 7th August 2008, 14:38   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
What I want to know is what would or can go wrong if the panels are replaced? Is there a major difference between factory fittings and the dealer fittings, after all its just a question of loosening and tightening a few bolts, isnt it?
The welding quality will not equal factory welding. In all likelihood, they will not be able to weld together the panels at spots they are intended to, because of the previous welding spots. I would recommend a new car.
Old 7th August 2008, 15:26   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
The amount has been paid and the car is just due for delivery but FIL wants the car on Friday so the delay. I agree that ignorance is bliss as the heart doesnt grieve what the eyes dont see. Cannot take the one the doors being taken off from as it is the slx version and not the sle. the only thing I want to ensure is that at least the panels being taken off are not the refurbished ones.lol. otherwise it would be a double whammy.
Dude i must say you are one lucky guy! I rem sometime back when i went with my Cousin to take the delivery of my cousins honda(forgot the dealers name but he is on mathura road itself) i noticed the paint from the back bumper coming off. Inspecting closely we saw a dent in the lower part and some paint job been done to conceal it. After making a scene with the manager we were assured the bumper will be changed and it was done as the car just brushed a pole while backing up. But we refused to take the delivery of that car and demanded a new one.

I Took pictures of it,made whole thing recorded by my mobile cam and Wrote to Honda with the attachments and we were given a new one in a weeks time. So my advice is Don't compromise and demand a brand new one or just change the dealer. Its we consumers who need to make efforts to get what we deserved and if we don't dealers like these will keep taking us for ride.
THINK ABOUT IT.
Old 7th August 2008, 15:41   #49
BHPian

Last week when I was at My Car, Pune's stockyard for selecting my FIL's Wagon R, I saw many damaged cars with ripped bumpers, shattered rear glass lying around. On questionsing I was informed that these vehicles had suffered transit damage and were waiting for parts to be refurbished and sold to end customers. So I guess this is common with all dealers.

You can escalate this to Mr.Mangesh Kodalkar, Manager After Sales. His mail ID is Mangesh. KODALKAR@fiat.com

He is very reponsive and one of the good guys at Fiat India

Note from Support Team - Please use the edit function if posting again within 20 minutes. Please go through the posting rules.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 7th August 2008 at 18:23. Reason: Use the edit function if you want to add something.
Old 7th August 2008, 17:17   #50
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for all the support. I am already being offerred a new SLE but its in Red and moreover I know about this one but know ziltch about the red one. What if it has also met a simmilar fate as one thing I have come to realise is that its common to have small scratches and dents. Atleast FIAT guys are accepting the thing and providing me with new panels and they say that the old ones will be made unusable in front of my eyes so that the same are not used by anyone. I ahve been asked to come tomorrow to their workshop and see the changeover. Even after this they say if I am not satisifed they will give me a new one, no questions.
I ahve sort of liked the proactive approach they used after getting to know this ugly episode. Thanks to phamilyman the things moved quite a bit today and lets see tomorrow what happens.
The GM workshops (FIAT) says that there is absolutely no difference in the panelling as everything that needs to be changed is bolt tightened and not welded anywhere. Rest Ill go and see myself tomorrow and if I think there is any chance of it not being perfect Ill go in for the new car. I am waiting to go and see tomorrow now.
Old 7th August 2008, 17:30   #51
Senior - BHPian

Changing fenders & doors or bumpers is not an easy screw/unscrew job. Chances of the body getting scratched again is a BIG possibility. Suggest you take the next option & take the red car, after all your FIL wanted a red one right ?
If you are doubltful about the red car, take a painter from a nearby workshop with you to inspect the bodyline. It is amazing how good they are in detecting repainted parts.
Old 9th August 2008, 13:30   #52
Senior - BHPian

Took the Car late yesterday evening as the offers they offered were in my view worth the scratch on the car as they would ease the ownership for my FIL.In the very begining I had told them that the scratches were the least of my problems with them or the car. I understand that the cars do get minor scrapes and all but what I found totally unacceptable was the callous attitude of their people and then trying to hoodwink the customer. A more proper approach would ahve been to show the extent to the customer and then see if he was willing to take it or not with a few more goodies thrown in. They have agreed to sack the guy who was indulging in this behavior and take reasonable care for the future. As the scratches were only minor and were easily taken care of (plus my FIL is not so passionate about the cars as we are @tbhp) I agreed to take the car as black was his first choice and here is what I ahve been offered:-
1. Teflon treatment.
2. Pioneer music system with USB DEH 3090 with speakers.
3. Extended warranty for another 18months beyond the regular 18 months unlimitted mileage one.
4. Cashless services total 3 where in no charges for even consumables will be charged.
5. Paint warranty for 3 years on the whole car.
6. Left ORVM to be fixed on first service.

Apart from the above the usual goodies as promised at the very start:-
1. Matting.
2. Flaps.
3. Gearlock.
4. Perfume.

Keeping in view of the above I think it is a good deal. When I went there the GM workshop was also present and they were very apologetic of the entire episode and professional in their approach. Courteous and polite and I never felt they were trying to hide anything. I am yet to get the above in writing but they have said that they would process everything and have it sent over to my place on Monday along with the registration papers.
I would say if this is the way they start treating customers then I would and will recommend TATA-FIAT dealerships for the sheer professional approach shown by them in their approach in this case which they say was not done by their knowledge.
Lets see if they stand true to their words and I get the papers on Monday.
Ill keep you guys posted and as usual team bhp rocks. They were insistent that I update this here as what they admitted that team bhp has a strong influence where it matters.
Old 9th August 2008, 13:58   #53
Team-BHP Support

Good to know that the problem got sorted out amicably and you are happy with the deal.

As for Tatas, I have always maintained that although they are found deficient in their A.S.S. department, mainly due to the poor attitude of their dealership/service networks they try that much harder as well.

Kudos to Tata.
Old 9th August 2008, 15:43   #54
Senior - BHPian

All's well that ends well, answer lies is solving problems amicably than fighting it out.

Enjoy your FIL's new ride.
Old 10th August 2008, 23:07   #55
Senior - BHPian

I've been a regular at Vivek Autos for almost 2 years now since i got my Xeta. Nomad, you were damn lucky that you were in the workshop at the time. Its scary to imagine the what iffs??

What happened with your car is a common occurence there and pretty much every other workshop/stockyard. This is the reason why I keep my car in sight when I go there. And what you've heard/witnessed about their attitude towards the customer is nothing. I've heard each and every service advisor there bitching about customers at some point. The staff there has undergone dramatic change over time and the quatlity of work and professionalism has dropped ten fold as a result. The kind of service i have received in my last few visits and seeing your thread has convinced me not to go there again.

I too would have suggested you take a "new" car but seems like you were under some constraints. I hope you ensured that the panels replaced were in fact new rather than having been painted. This is because the paint quality there is horrible. I know as i got my front bumper changed/painted from them. But i was in a rush to take back the car so did not raise the issue at the time.

Wishing you a pleasant experience ahead.
Old 11th August 2008, 10:50   #56
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Deep. As a precaution against this scenario that they might have been repainted I ahve taken a 3 year warranty for the paint as well. I checked and the workers told me that there was an earlier guy who did bad paint jobs and he was sacked but now they ahve an elderly guy with a beard who does a fine job. I have also the option for going in for new panels if there is any problems with the present ones. I just hope they honour thier commitments.
Old 11th August 2008, 16:14   #57
Senior - BHPian

As long as you are happy, all's well.
Old 16th October 2008, 17:15   #58
Senior - BHPian

And I hope your FIL sticks to some other ASC (like Samyak) for service.
Old 16th October 2008, 17:25   #59
Senior - BHPian

i guess thats not a bad deal at all.
how much will the extra goodies translate to if taken seperately?

You are happy and that's all that matters.
Cheers
Enjoy the ride
Old 17th October 2008, 11:24   #60
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys but FIL has to stick to Vivek for the time being because of the cashless services given. Half of the things have not materialiesd till now on one pretext or another. I am going to wait till the end of this month for them to come clean on it or I will take it up once again with TATA Motors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks