Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2008, 17:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

Vivek Automobiles (Delhi) caught redhanded trying to cheat.

I have booked a Black Palio Stile 1.1sle for my father in law from Vivek Automobiles on Mathura Road. Today I ahd gone there to get the power window of my Marina checked. In the workshop I saw a black palio 1.1 sle with its front bumper scrapped alongwith a small portion of the front right side panel. I asked the driver driving it as to how did it happen to a new vehicle. He said, Yeh to lagta rehta hai, koi baat nahin. I was astonished and since they had told me that they only had one piece of black sle i decieded to follow him around the workshop.
He went to the paint booth and told the painter to touch up the left panels and doors and use rubbing compound to the right panel and bumper. Till now they had not seen me and the painter told himt hat mere touching up wont do as the scratches were quite deep and would require full panel to be painted. He says, nahin bas touch kar do kal to customer ko de denge baaki vo jaane.
I was shocked to say the least. I told him that I am that customer and he should not even touch the vehicle. I called their senior sales manager and told him the story. He called his PDI incharge and asked him as to how the vehicle got damaged then came another shocker. He says sir vo kabhi kabhi test drive karte waqt lag jaati hai abhi touch up kardete hain. I nearly died laughing sitting there.Then he corrected that this vehicle was not used as a test mule plus the car was ok when it had come from the yard.
Now he has offerred the following solution as my FIL wants the car by this saturday. He would change all damaged body panels with a new black slx lying with them.
Is it ok as he says there is no issue with fitting as it will be a perfect fit. He would change the left side both doors, both right and left front panels and the front bumper.
The case is open to your comments now.
Old 6th August 2008, 17:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

This is downright ridiculous. How could they be so careless with a car to be given to someone else and then just try to hide it without even bothering to repair it properly.
You were very lucky to be there bro otherwise you would have been the bakra,
I would suggest you ask them to give you a new car. Feel sad that this will be passed on to some unsuspecting buyer.
Old 6th August 2008, 17:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

GET A NEW CAR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
I have booked a Black Palio Stile 1.1sle for my father in law from Vivek Automobiles on Mathura Road. Today I ahd gone there to get the power window of my Marina checked. In the workshop I saw a black palio 1.1 sle with its front bumper scrapped alongwith a small portion of the front right side panel. I asked the driver driving it as to how did it happen to a new vehicle. He said, Yeh to lagta rehta hai, koi baat nahin. I was astonished and since they had told me that they only had one piece of black sle i decieded to follow him around the workshop.
He went to the paint booth and told the painter to touch up the left panels and doors and use rubbing compound to the right panel and bumper. Till now they had not seen me and the painter told himt hat mere touching up wont do as the scratches were quite deep and would require full panel to be painted. He says, nahin bas touch kar do kal to customer ko de denge baaki vo jaane.
I was shocked to say the least. I told him that I am that customer and he should not even touch the vehicle. I called their senior sales manager and told him the story. He called his PDI incharge and asked him as to how the vehicle got damaged then came another shocker. He says sir vo kabhi kabhi test drive karte waqt lag jaati hai abhi touch up kardete hain. I nearly died laughing sitting there.Then he corrected that this vehicle was not used as a test mule plus the car was ok when it had come from the yard.
Now he has offerred the following solution as my FIL wants the car by this saturday. He would change all damaged body panels with a new black slx lying with them.
Is it ok as he says there is no issue with fitting as it will be a perfect fit. He would change the left side both doors, both right and left front panels and the front bumper.
could you translate the ones in bold please ?
Old 6th August 2008, 17:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Damage is damage, whether it can be repaired or not. And on a new car it's just plain unacceptable.

This is definitely not the attitude of the dealers staff. Fortunately you were present while this cover up was being attempted.

And how sure are you that the car was not used for test drives by other potential customers?

My suggestion is take the dealer's trip. Threaten to write to the company and make a lot of noise. That should straighten them up and probably get you some freebies too.
Old 6th August 2008, 17:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

Translation for you E_L

Yeh to lagta rehta hai, koi baat nahin
Translation: These things keep happenning , no big deal.

nahin bas touch kar do kal to customer ko de denge baaki vo jaane
Translation : Just do a touch up, once we give it to the customer tomorrow its his problem after that.

vo kabhi kabhi test drive karte waqt lag jaati hai abhi touch up kardete hain
Translation: While test driving the car gets dents, scratches sometimes . We will do a touchup right now.

Last edited by aah78 : 6th August 2008 at 22:24. Reason: All BOLD removed. Relevant portions left.
Old 6th August 2008, 17:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

I would say cancel the booking and get it from else where, preferably from a good reference, or a personal contact within the dealership - i know it is impossible for everyone buying a car to have a friend or relative working in their preferred dealer, but then...
Old 6th August 2008, 17:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

@ Esteem Lover

Translation #1 - this keeps happening (scrappingetc) never mind

Translation #2 - just do the touching, customer will worry about the rest after we deliver the car tommorow

Translation #3 - sometimes during test drives these things happen so we just do the touching up & be done with !

Hope that helps

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 6th August 2008 at 17:33. Reason: sorry did not see sammyboy's post - translation already done !!
Old 6th August 2008, 17:32   #8
BANNED

E_L : Here is the Translation for you :

Yeh to lagta rehta hai, koi baat nahin. : These types of damages keeps happening.

nahin bas touch kar do kal to customer ko de denge baaki vo jaane.: Just do touch up tomorrow it be will given to customer, later on its his headache

vo kabhi kabhi test drive karte waqt lag jaati hai abhi touch up kardete hain. : damages happen while doing test drives, we will do touch ups and give it to you.
Old 6th August 2008, 17:34   #9
Senior - BHPian

Please do not go with that car and ask them to give a new car or it is better to change the dealer, now that they know you very well in future they might try playing with your vehicle.

So it is better to change the dealer and take the refund of the advances if anything paid
Old 6th August 2008, 17:36   #10
BHPian

This is shocking. I'd suggest everyone who is in this sort of situation to try and record the conversation somehow. Most mobiles will have a voice recorder software
Old 6th August 2008, 17:37   #11
BHPian

Quote:
He would change all damaged body panels with a new black slx lying with them.
and then fix the damaged parts to slx and sell it to some other unsuspecting customer
Old 6th August 2008, 17:39   #12
Senior - BHPian

Get a new car from a different Dealer (if possible).

As you never know how many times they have used this car even though they claim they have not used this. The factory fitment (OE) and the dealer fitment will definately differ and all teh parts may not match exactly. There may be couple of mm gaps you may not observe currently, but it will be visible as the time passes....

BTW, have you paid any advance? If yes, then get it back.

Last edited by snaronikar : 6th August 2008 at 17:41.
Old 6th August 2008, 17:39   #13
BHPian

Quote:

Hi

Bro, you are damm lucky i would say.

Amit
Old 6th August 2008, 17:42   #14
Senior - BHPian

I would say Dont buy from them if possible as you will still lack 100% peace of mind after catching them red handed.

They might offer you some extra goodies but still once a cheater CAN always be a cheater.

This is your call.

In case you trust them and go ahead,then please follow the T-BHP Delivery Checklist very religiously.
Old 6th August 2008, 17:50   #15
Senior - BHPian

LOL. Thanks sammyboy, Ricky & nicejits.

Shows some seriously bad attitude. This kind of attitude will not get him anywhere at all. As suggested by everyone, avoid this dealership & get your car from a different dealer. Yes, I understand that you want it urgently, but be a little patient & get a real new car.

Most Viewed