Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2008, 19:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvhead View Post
... or at least name and shame them here on the forum by posting up here or an additional review in the review section so that others do not befall the same fate
This I intend to do. Just wanted to make sure that I do not accuse anyone without being sure. While at the service center, based on the interactions there, I was thinking of writting about the 'good' experience, but now I more seems like a con job!

The center in discussion is "Maruti Services" and is on the road leading from DG petrol pump to Big Bazaar (Mysore road). It is just opposite to the Airtel Relationship office on the same road.

Talk about a 180' turn of opinion!

I had actually wished that this might be a good experience just due to the closeness of the center to my house and the convinience due to that. But then!!!
Old 17th August 2008, 21:16   #17
BHPian

Between, during service, they use something to clean off old oil and charge a ransom for that. Is that required at all?
I think its a rip off too
Old 17th August 2008, 22:24   #18
BANNED

While we are at it, let me recount another experience.

The car is an old type Maruti Zen. Me and some friends are visiting Tirumala. We met another group of friends there, and on day 2, me and the other group are going DOWN on the zen. I notice smell of burning firewood. I mention it to the driver (I do not drive then), and the driver acknowledged, changed his expression, and slowed down.

I did not realise there is some problem.

Day 3, we (me and the original group) are returning. The smell comes up again, a bit earlier than on day 2. I mention it to the driver again. Particularly coz. I know that there would not be any fires around. The driver was racing down hill at around 80 KMPH, (or so I think), acknowledges the problem, actually speeds up, and after a steep slope down, stops the car, and checks the hub caps. THe caps are hot. We take out the user's manual, locate the nearest service station (on Renigunta road, at Tirupati), and pay them a visit. The diagonisis is instant, (we take the owner's permission - he not on the car) the vehicle is jacked up and discs are cleaned with pressurised air. The job over in 20 minutes, we pay up 60 Rs. or so. the service center shows us a pamphlet from Maruti, showing the amount - since there is a language problem. He knows no English, and we know no Telugu.

People on the car are shocked. This same job was done 10 days back on the same car, at a very popular service center cum dealer (hint!! hint!!!) back in Kerala, and were charged a four figure amount!!!! The owner had taken up the issue with them, and they were shown a service charges booklet / pamphlet, apparently approved by Maruti.

Huh?? is Rs. 60 a four figure amount?

And I will not raise complaints - it was neither my money, nor my car. ;-)
Old 19th August 2008, 13:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

...and gave my vehicle for complete service at Mandovi, JP nagar today morning. Estimated cost 2k.

Some people learn the hard way - guess I learnt mine!

And the next one, I plan to do at Suraksha, since it makes sense in going there and getting the work done and then coming back instead of dropping it off and then going to collect it, due to the distance involved. And I also want to be there when the work is going on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks