Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2009, 22:57   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapiljolly79 View Post
I'm all fired up to give them a very SOUND breifing the day I collect my car. Very very Sound.
Wow! That was an amazing thread about how badly a corporate can mess up the happiness of an individual. Kapil, I'm surprised you haven't sought legal recourse in all these months.

Consumer forum or the regular courts, seek help from whichever. Firstly, find yourself a good lawyer and send Continental and Skoda Auto a polite legal notice.

We at Team-BHP and especially members from your area, stand by you during your trying time with Skoda, and would be happy to help in any way required.
Old 6th March 2009, 23:10   #47
BHPian

@Kapil: Just went through the thread. Problems with Skoda A.S.C's are growing by the day. It's high time now for you to get media involved in this case.
Hire a lawyer and file a case against these morons, the dealership and Skoda as well.
Old 6th March 2009, 23:21   #48
BHPian

Why don't you try the CORE. Try lodging a complain with them and I am sure the matter would be taken up very fast.

Website for core is Consumer Online Resources & Empowerment Centre

Hope this would help

Regards,
Kailash
Old 17th March 2009, 15:49   #49
BHPian

Hey. We just got the car yesterday. I haven't seen it yet as I am out of town but Dad says that its running fine now.

We have been offered an unlimited mileage six month warranty on the car with a free timing belt replacement at 60,000 kms. Car odo currenlty is at 47000 change. The MD of Continental motors, Mr. J.D.Bhasin is also very much in knowledge about the proceedings of the car and I've been told by the manager, Mr. Vijay that he has been kept informed af all of the above.

So, we have decided to give our other long runners a rest and shall use this car to the max. I mean they have wasted one year of the car and I might as well utilise it to my benefit now that I have the six months warranty on the car.

But one thing is for sure that if the car runs out on me this time, then its no looking back. I will approach my folks at NDTV and Time of India. I honestly didn't realise that My relatives in the Media will be my best bet. But, I'm hoping the problem doesn't arise cos this one will be a very Hard hit on Skoda this time.
Old 18th March 2009, 17:48   #50
BHPian

congrats on getting your car back.i hope that it doesnot give you more troubles.unlimited kms six months warranty should solve your future problems if any.
Old 1st April 2009, 12:37   #51
BHPian

Hey.

i too have had issues with my skoda octavia RS. my car stood at mahavir motors hyderabad for 1 month, as the gearbox housing had broken. i did not have too many issues at the time, but now i've realised that the cause of the failure was a DESIGN FLAW in the gear box. a simple rivet failure at the final drive causes the gearbox housing to shatter. this happened around last october.

i'm planning to take up legal action, but am looking for more people who've had the same problem, and probably try for a recall.

in the event of your car giving any problems in future, do post, and you have a member by your side willing to file a lawsuit by your side.

Jaideep

Quote:
Hey. We just got the car yesterday. I haven't seen it yet as I am out of town but Dad says that its running fine now.

We have been offered an unlimited mileage six month warranty on the car with a free timing belt replacement at 60,000 kms. Car odo currenlty is at 47000 change. The MD of Continental motors, Mr. J.D.Bhasin is also very much in knowledge about the proceedings of the car and I've been told by the manager, Mr. Vijay that he has been kept informed af all of the above.

So, we have decided to give our other long runners a rest and shall use this car to the max. I mean they have wasted one year of the car and I might as well utilise it to my benefit now that I have the six months warranty on the car.

But one thing is for sure that if the car runs out on me this time, then its no looking back. I will approach my folks at NDTV and Time of India. I honestly didn't realise that My relatives in the Media will be my best bet. But, I'm hoping the problem doesn't arise cos this one will be a very Hard hit on Skoda this time.
Old 3rd April 2009, 13:47   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
We have been offered an unlimited mileage six month warranty on the car with a free timing belt replacement at 60,000 kms. Car odo currenlty is at 47000 change.
What they want you to change the timing belt in 13K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaideepshinh View Post
i too have had issues with my skoda octavia RS. my car stood at mahavir motors hyderabad for 1 month, as the gearbox housing had broken. ..but now i've realised that the cause of the failure was a DESIGN FLAW in the gear box. a simple rivet failure at the final drive causes the gearbox housing to shatter. this happened around last october.
What! A design flaw in the gear box of the vRS? So far neither Ajmat, NC nor me have suffered this. Care to elaborate. How did it happen? How many km has your car driven?
Old 3rd April 2009, 15:29   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
What they want you to change the timing belt in 13K?
No dude. The car has the timing belt replacement to be done at 60k kms in total. So that they'l do for free. The car has done 47k on the original belt that has to be replaced at 60k.
Old 3rd April 2009, 15:37   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Hey.

i'm planning to take up legal action, but am looking for more people who've had the same problem, and probably try for a recall.

in the event of your car giving any problems in future, do post, and you have a member by your side willing to file a lawsuit by your side.

Jaideep
Hi Jaidep. Welcome aboard. We intend filing a class action law suit against Skoda and their dealers. Why don't u join us?
Old 3rd April 2009, 17:47   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey. We just got the car yesterday.

...if the car runs out on me this time, then its no looking back. I will approach my folks at NDTV and Time of India.
Congratulations, kapil, for finally getting the car back.

I couldn't help smiling at your comment about approaching your relatives at NDTV/TOI. That kind of clout really works. The next time you go to Continental, take a camera crew and someone with a Press-card along. Get NDTV to park an OB van outside the workshop too, if possible. Just mention to the service advisor that your car is being taken in for repairs on camera. I'm sure you'll get service better than Toyota or Honda can provide! You wouldn't even NEED to fight about bad service. They'll even return your car after service within 1-2 hours.
Old 6th April 2009, 16:47   #56
BHPian

i'm with you. tell me what to do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Hi Jaidep. Welcome aboard. We intend filing a class action law suit against Skoda and their dealers. Why don't u join us?
Old 6th April 2009, 21:25   #57
BHPian

Quote:
i'm with you. tell me what to do...
Hi jaideep. You can start by collecting all the documents you have. job cards, bills, correspondence, photographs if you have. Make a synopsis on your entire experience. Make a hard copy and a soft copy. We will take it from there.

Rest of the guys are in the process of collating data, too. Let me know when you have collected all the data. Will keep you posted of developments.

regards
Old 22nd April 2009, 18:12   #58
BHPian

Continental anyways had a shaddy reputation! They are into deep financial trouble and over leveraged. Their MD cum promoter tried all sorts of tactics to convince me to sanction a loan to them, but I refused. Ethics is not a part of their game and of course Skoda India. The Principal and Agents are in collusion and are defrauding innocent customers. Why not make a complaint to the FIPB against Skoda or for that matter, aggrieved customers should write to Anurag Goyal Secy. Department of Company affairs, Govt.of India about Skodas wrong doings(Though consumer complaints do not fall under Company Affairs but any kind of wrong doing by a company, certainly does or let this forum collectively write to the Foreign Investment Promotion Board Chairman(Though Skoda's investment fall under automatic route, atleast they can send notices to them. Project it as Skoda's fault).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks