Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2008, 15:32   #31
Senior - BHPian

Kapiljolly79 - sad to hear about all this. Hope you get a speedy response.

diffsoft & harishv - what harrowing experiences have you been through... thanks you brought these 2 post's up. Where were you two all these days, your experiences were real eye-openers!!

Probably this thread should become the official Skoda - A.S.S complaints/solutions thread.
Old 10th October 2008, 15:43   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Nothing new Harry every knowledgeable car owner knows about the same, but with so much serious complaints on-board Skoda Authorities must take serious steps to improve the same.

For whom i fear is the owners who are picking up Skoda for their brand and luxury car status in india.
With so many complaints buyers will think twice buying a skoda and guess Skoda's loss will be gain for Toyata, Honda (good services) and Chevrolet (less complaints than skoda)
Old 10th October 2008, 18:10   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
i have been fighting for the last 7 months with skoda. their dealer nummer eins put bogus parts to the tune of 4 lakhs plus in my car. skoda had themselves inspected my car,( i have a copy of their internal inspection report), verified the fraud and recalled my car for rectification at jmd auto, repaired it, but, wonder of wonder, wanted me to return the spurious parts to nummer eins and give skoda and nummer eins a clean chit. can u imagine? it is unbelievable but there is a huge racket running amongst skoda officials and their dealers. i refused to toe their line and hence they have retained my car asking me to make payment for the rectification.

after tremendous pressure from the media skod subsequently shut down nummer eins.

ashutosh dixit, gm sales, skoda met me for an amicable settlement at the jw marriott. i have recorded the entire 1 hr conversation. very interesting. tried to pull a fast one on me. i didn't succumb.

in consumer court, unimaginably, skoda a subsidiary of volkswagen has claimed that they are not responsible for the actions of their dealer and have refuted their email correspondence with me. but the district consumer forum has interminably ruled in my favour and asked skoda to make payment to jmd auto and release my car immediately. skoda has gone in to appeal at the state forum.

got in touch with walter stechel, german consul, reinhard jung, chairman skoda cz, bernhard steinrucke, indo german chamber of commerce, joerg mueller, volkswagen india chairman, andreas prinz, volkswagen india md, eva drdakova, czech consul. got a few replies claiming helplessness.

i have a small piece of advice for all those people who have been tormented by skoda. go to the press. that is the only area that affects them. as soon as u go to court they claim matter to be sub judice and wash their hands off and their lawyers take over and delay the matter and since money is not an issue for them they will take ur case to the national level till u tire out or succumb. press is what hurts them the most, and the press is aware of the mischief conducted by skoda dealers and their officials.

best luck to all those who are fighting skoda. willing to assist if you want my help.

harish kanchan
Glad to see you take matters to this extent. Many a times I get the feeling they think we are "anpad kids" who can be taken for a costly ride!

What surprises me even more is that they come up at top in various research studies like JD Power etc! God knows how they manage that.

All the best Harish and keep up the fight for justice!

Cheers,
Old 10th October 2008, 19:22   #34
MAS
Senior - BHPian

With so many complaints "flowing-in" against SKODA, it is high time that SKODA wakes up and takes concrete steps against such pathetic treatment of customers.

When SKODA was first launched there was a famous teaser which said;
"How do you double the value of a SKODA?" The answer to this being "Fill it up with Petrol" (No offense meant)

But if such problems are not dealt with (but are continuing to increase everyday), the teaser would become a reality!!!
Old 11th October 2008, 13:40   #35
BHPian

There is an incident which I have to share about this car. When Continental motors had delivered us the car this last time before it went back to them, My brother was on the Taj Express way to Gurgaon. The car refused to go above 55. It was stuck at 55. For 40 kilometers, 20 up and 20 down, since there was no exit or turn around, they drove the car at 55 dot.

I guess thats also the reason they say they have changed the ECM but we need them to guarantee that the car is 100 percent ok and dependable. Now thats where they are not confident. I also think this thread should be highlighted to the media as soon as possible.

Team BHP, GTO, Please advice.
Old 13th October 2008, 11:18   #36
BHPian

thanks diffsoft for the support. will fight hard.
Old 15th October 2008, 11:58   #37
BHPian

Latest news is that Skoda India has sent their Engineer to Inspect the car. And supposedly they will give us the assurance that the car is 100% dependable. Lets see. I hope so too. Or else its the sack for them this time for sure.
Old 15th October 2008, 13:07   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapiljolly79 View Post
Latest news is that Skoda India has sent their Engineer to Inspect the car. And supposedly they will give us the assurance that the car is 100% dependable. Lets see. I hope so too. Or else its the sack for them this time for sure.
All the best; I hope you will be around when the engineer comes and sees your car - or who knows he may do!

Cheers,
Old 15th October 2008, 13:30   #39
Senior - BHPian

Yikes! i guess that this has just Struck off the Skoda from my future car plans.
I dont think i will be able to handle this kind of stuff.. Kudos to you guys for seeing it thru.
Old 15th October 2008, 14:56   #40
BHPian

hey soft. well, I am out of town but Dad is seeing it through. And we have asked for the inspection report undersigned by the Skoda India Engineer. Now the only thing that they have not assured, as I have been told over the phone, is that they give in writing that the car is dependable and if the fault occurs again, they shall replace or refund. Now thats where they are finding it difficult to chew the gram. But again, I have left them no choice. Its that or the Media, press and the courts. I've been without the car for seven months now, so what the hell. Another few more won't hurt.
All the best to all new and aspiring Skoda Owners. I hope you get your moneys worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
All the best; I hope you will be around when the engineer comes and sees your car - or who knows he may do!

Cheers,
Old 18th February 2009, 15:15   #41
BHPian

Its February now.

Hi Guys. Its February now and the car is still with them. One year has passed and the theives don't like to admit or give up. They've hidden my car on the terrace and are still not willing to give us our warranty extension of six months and assured performance of the car. We have asked them to refund the money they've charged for the wiring because a 14lac rupees car cannot undergo such huge expenses in just under two years. And to top it all, when we inspeccted the wiring harness, it was only melted at the fuse box. They've changed the entire front main harness and right side drivers doors. All other wirings on the doors remains same. Also, no one till date knows what caused the short circuit.

I'm highlighting this so that you all know that Continental Motors is a theif. Sadly, a huge group owned dealership, yet this kind of a response to customers. Well, its high time now and they're in for a very big surprise.

God Bless Skoda drivers who get their cars serviced in Continental Motors Delhi. I've seen so much happen to other owners cars that I'm sure my car is going to be in a huge mess when we take delivery of it next week.
Old 18th February 2009, 15:45   #42
Senior - BHPian

Amazing. One year!
So finally you are taking it back next week. Keep updating.
Old 18th February 2009, 15:47   #43
Senior - BHPian

have you take any legal action against the dealer and Skoda auto ?

If not then do it after you take delivery and still not satisfied,it too much buddy

let consumer courts spank these morons for meting out such behavior to us.

Last edited by simply_sunny001 : 18th February 2009 at 15:49.
Old 2nd March 2009, 13:41   #44
Senior - BHPian

Damn i have been getting excellent service there.
Don't know why you have been facing such problems.
Old 6th March 2009, 15:32   #45
BHPian

They have been informed that I wish to call it a day and we shall make a compromise. We've asked them to service the car, replace timing belt and issue us in written that the car is warrantied free from defects. Looks like to even understand the word compromise, they need another month. Such is the response from the customer care team at Skoda Aurangabad. The Continental motors team in Delhi is just as useless as the parent company. I guess the reason is due to the companys attitude, the service attitude is same. So all be it, I'm all fired up to give them a very SOUND breifing the day I collect my car. Very very Sound.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

Last edited by ported_head : 22nd April 2009 at 18:21.
kapiljolly79 is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks