Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2008, 22:22   #1
BHPian

Ford service -- Suggestion required

Guys,

I need to give my Fiesta for servicing this weekend, Can anyone suggest which is a better place service Ford cars in Bangalore - Metro Ford or the newly opened Lathangi Ford.

Thanks for your inputs
Old 21st August 2008, 22:34   #2

Been a new dealer , lathangi is good in after sales service
Old 21st August 2008, 22:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

I feel we need to try out Lathangi Ford. Heard from one of my friend that service is also good. Do update on the servicing (if you give it at Lathangi). I also have to give form servicing of my Ikon in next month. ;-)
Old 21st August 2008, 23:21   #4
BHPian

I just sold my Ford (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...e-my-ikon.html), but all the 5 years had all major service done at Cauvery Ford. I preferred it over Metro. Now that Cauvery has moved over to Honda, I would you try Lathangi. Lathangi belongs to same family group as Cauvery (and now Magnum Honda) – many of the Ford technicians from Cauvery has moved over to Lathangi. (even sales guys).

Anyhow do share your experience after trying.
Old 22nd August 2008, 16:00   #5
BHPian

thanks Guys,

this helps. I'll share my experience next week.
Old 22nd August 2008, 16:03   #6
Senior - BHPian

I had a great experience with Metro this time. Havent really had too many issues with them before but I saw major improvement this time.
Try Lathangi and do post your experience for us.
Old 22nd August 2008, 16:35   #7
Team-BHP Support

Assuming Lathangi has taken over all their service records from Cauvery Ford, do they call up to remind when a servicing is due? I used to always rely upon Cauvery's prompt reminder when it was time to service my car. Just wanted to know if Lathangi has been doing the same with other ex-Cauvery customers, or if i would need to fish out the next servicing date from my own records.
Old 25th August 2008, 22:15   #8
BHPian

I've taken my car for servicing the past weekend to lathangi. Here is my experince in dealing with them. I've fixed an appointment for 10.30 in the morning on Saturday and i reached the place 15 minutes late. The first sight of the brand new service station made me nervous -- it looked more like a roadside garage than an authorized Ford Service centre. The whole place was crowded being a weekend and i had to wait. I waited for 15 minutes before i lost my patience and asked a lady over there if somebody would attend to me and told her that i had come to give my car for sevicing. She asked me to hang on and finally after another 15 minutes of wait a supervisor kind of guy came to attend and collected the details. He impatiently answered my couple of queries and he was more than willing to get rid of me. He asked me come back later in the evening to collect the car.

I went back by 5 and saw the Car was ready for delivery. I checked it and noticed that the car was not cleaned properley --both inside and outside - i had to catch hold of the cleaning guys and get it cleaned. Finally i settled the bill (about 2.3k) and walked out of the place thinking why people thought Ford service sucked.

The car rides well but then i had no complains that needed a fix - I was happy that they didnt break anything in the name of servicing. This is the fourth time i have serviced the car and first time in Bangalore, all the previous services were done in coimbatore and i can confidently say my experience in CBE was far better. I'm not sure if i'll get the next service done from this place. Overall my experince with Lathangi ford is bad atleast the customer service part.
Old 25th August 2008, 22:23   #9
BHPian

it always surprises me how you guys actually go to the company service station even after the warranty is over.
Old 25th August 2008, 22:30   #10
Senior - BHPian

@ nemo: Thanks for the inputs man. This certainly shows the pathetic display of A** of Ford. We are left with only other dealer who is bad (according to couple of threads in here) . Anyways, my warranty period is already over. Hence need to plan my vehicle servicing outside the A** for the first time.
Old 25th August 2008, 22:39   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_shadow View Post
it always surprises me how you guys actually go to the company service station even after the warranty is over.
@SS, What do you mean? Is there an option? if so i would like to know.

I just remembered that they forgot to give back my Service book - i just hope they don't misplace it.
Old 25th August 2008, 22:43   #12
BHPian

Well well well...my car's service is due soon. Good that i read this thread because i got a call from Lathangi a couple of days asking to fix an appointment for service. Now i have dropped my plan. Not going there. No ways!!

I seem to have got another mechanic in BTM Layout. Last time i went there, i saw an Esteem with Team Sidvin and Rally Karnataka stickers. Dont quite remember the name of the garage though. The owner said that the esteem belonged to the guy who last won the Rally of Karnataka for Team Sidvin. Not too sure about that. Or may be it might be true. Anyways have made my mind up for getting it serviced there next week.

Cheers
Sanju
Old 26th August 2008, 14:58   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju.sreekumar View Post
I seem to have got another mechanic in BTM Layout. Last time i went there, i saw an Esteem with Team Sidvin and Rally Karnataka stickers. Dont quite remember the name of the garage though. The owner said that the esteem belonged to the guy who last won the Rally of Karnataka for Team Sidvin. Not too sure about that. Or may be it might be true. Anyways have made my mind up for getting it serviced there next week.

Cheers
Sanju
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post
@SS, What do you mean? Is there an option? if so i would like to know.

I just remembered that they forgot to give back my Service book - i just hope they don't misplace it.
nemo - i think sanju has the right idea in that last post. that *could* be one option. i have 3 mechanics in kormangala, none are company authorised but all are good and more likely to fix rather than replace when needed. they are also guys i can sit down at leisure with and talk about the car.

BTW, i believe the same thing with my bike as well. i didn't even go beyond 2 free services with bajaj!

Last edited by silver_shadow : 26th August 2008 at 14:59.
Old 27th August 2008, 00:56   #14
BHPian

i am planning for service next week. Will give some reviews and further details once i get my car back.
Old 27th August 2008, 02:29   #15
BHPian

Nemo, your experience has not been too good. I hope you get better service next time. We will wait for inputs from you and others to get more insights into Lathangi's service. Hopefully, with some more interactions we can form an impression(hopefully a good one!)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks