Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2008, 20:58   #1
BHPian

85K Santro servicing in Delhi/Noida - suggestions please.

hi guys,
I hope I get some good advice, like when I had asked for advice on tyre dealerships.

I have a 85K city-driven 2002 - however of late, I feel that the mileage has reduced and so has power. I want to get quite a few stuff done like brake pad change, engine flushing/decarbonizing, some body repairs, etc.

However, I would like some tests like compression tests, etc to be done, if there are some valves, etc. that need to be changed.

Where should I get it done (which garage/service center/mechanic) - please understand that Im trying to read as much as possible, however I'm still a noob and need someone trustworthy who can help me.

Please help!!
Old 23rd August 2008, 20:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Service Masters Mathura Road, New Delhi
Old 23rd August 2008, 20:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Motor Plaza, Mathura Road, New Delhi
Old 24th August 2008, 14:20   #4
BHPian

Depends on where do u stay.
in noida there are couple of hyundai workshops. CAPITAL HYUNDAI (sector -63), HANKOOK HYUNDAI (sector -57). Personally i have not ultilised their services. HYUNDAI MOTOR PLAZA is a company owned service center and is the best. they give correct advice and mechanics are knowledgable, although i have used their service (HMP) only once. I have used HIMGIRI HYUNDAI (Wazirpur) and HANS HYUNDAI (Moti Nagar). Both are so so.
Old 25th August 2008, 00:51   #5
BHPian

I got my Santro serviced at Samara Hyundai in Okhla for 7 years without any complaints...but their car wash quality was never satisfactory for me.
Old 26th August 2008, 23:50   #6
BHPian

thanks a LOT guys for answering.

Should I get my oil changed here? Cos I am learning that I should be using Magnatec at the very least - will these guys offer me Magnatec as well as a oil flush before draining?

In addition do these places have facilities for decarbonizing + compression test?

thanks
Old 27th August 2008, 00:36   #7
aZa
Senior - BHPian

silverbyte : there is NIMBUS hyundai in sector 8 Noida

Its advisable to carry magnatec + flush on your own. They charge a huge sum otherwise.
Old 29th August 2008, 13:52   #8
BHPian

I decided to call up Hyundai Motor Plaza (011 41599851 - most of the numbers given on internet are wrong). There is a 25 day waiting period!!!!

But since I want to get a lot of things checked - like compression test, etc. I suppose I have no choice but to wait till then.

They have refused to accept any other oil for oil change.So I guess I will not get the oil change done there and get my Magnatec done later.
Old 29th August 2008, 15:10   #9
Team-BHP Support

Why do you want to get compression test done!!??
Your engine at 85K is pretty new and there should be no issues.
Is the car giving out blue smoke?

Any why do you want to go to authorized service center for oil change
Go to sector 16. buy oil, buy oil filter and fuel filter and get it changed in front of you.
Labor charge = 100rs
Time taken = 30 minutes
Old 29th August 2008, 16:54   #10
BHPian

I am going to get the oil changed in Sector -16 (tsk1979 - as per your posting in 2007 about a auto shop there !!).

The reason, I want to get compression test done is because (as I am reading on team-bhp), I would want to get a decarbonizing done. I am seeing some loss of FE and power in my engine - probably they are AC related, or maybe the engine has a lot of carbon in it.
Please note guys that, I have been using Santro service station mineral oil till now - not even Magnatec. So it is possible that my engine is not in that amazing condition as you guys are having. But before I get anything like decarbonizing done, I thought it was a good idea to get compression test (some posts have also mentioned leakdown tests) done.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks