Team-BHP - Deccan Honda Pune - other Independent workshop options in Pune
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/)
-   -   Deccan Honda Pune - other Independent workshop options in Pune (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/44679-deccan-honda-pune-other-independent-workshop-options-pune.html)

Everyone and their dog knows dealing with Deccan Honda, Pune is akin to a self-inflicted mental and financial injury.

Can anyone suggest a better/cheaper independent workshop for cleaning up of dents, paint-job etc in Pune [for a civic, but that doesn't matter].

There is one more Honda workshop on the Bombay-Bangalore highway at Baner.
But I guess even that would be as "inexpensive" as Deccan.

Actually even I would like to know about workshops/mechanics in Pune dealing with Hondas

You can try Kulkarni's, they deal with all kinds of cars.AFAIK they have workshops at Viman Nagar and Fatima Nagar.

Can somebody give me their exact location , contact details?

There is Tune-up Plus at Baner. It is a MASS, but does service all other cars. The owner, Abhijit Lonkar, is very knowledgeable and does a good job.

Avanthi Motors at wagholi is arguably the best for paint jobs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikram18 (Post 1105399)
There is Tune-up Plus at Baner. It is a MASS, but does service all other cars. The owner, Abhijit Lonkar, is very knowledgeable and does a good job.

Avanthi Motors at wagholi is arguably the best for paint jobs.

Any contact info of Avanthi Motors in Wagholi ?

Any pointers to good Honda mechanic/workshop in Pune where I can get car's regular servicing done? I've '05 Honda City.

Been to Deccan Honda (Pimpri) workshop and not at all happy with what they did to car compared to amount of money paid.

How old is the car? Does it have to go to an Authorised Workshop? There are alot of good private garages.

Car is 2005 model (not the Zx one).
Are there any authorized workshops by Honda except Deccan Honda in Pune?
If not, I don't mind taking it to a private garage if the experience has been good and trustworthy. I stay near Aundh, so near by recommendations would be helpful.

I dont know about garages in Aundh. I stay in Koregoan park and most of my cars (Old and New) go to Jamshed alot of the times. He operated from the Mohanish Petrol Pump opp Wadia College, but all the work is done at his main garage (cant remember the name of the place).

Hello Guys,

I have been servicing my ANHC from Deccan Honda till date. But last couple of times the experience with Deccan Honda has not been the best.

I am planning to get my 35k servicing done this weekend and need your advise if I should try Crystal Honda?

Thank You.

Bad experience with respect to?

I haven't had any bad experience as such with Deccan Honda till now except for:
1. vehicle pickup not on time
2. Spare parts charges are way too high (compared to the same ones available off line)

Probably your bad experience can help us be cautious.

I have serviced my civic 4 times in Crystal Honda (3 of them were free ones).
No issues in service as it was regular servicing with/ without changing oil filter. Majority of time was spent for cleaning the car. A couple of rattles were fixed in 1st and 3rd service.

In the fourth (paid) service I was not given a estimate break-up but was given a total amount. Later saw that there were unnecessary charges (brake degreasing , service plus, etc.) which I was not informed about.

They called for feedback and I mentioned the same and they have apologized for the same.

So ensure that you get a detailed estimate break-up and knock off items that you do not want before you sign the sheet.

There is a waiting room with TV and internet for customers. Tea/Coffee is provided for free and they had also offered snacks to buy the last time. Mentioning as there is next to nil public transport available to the service station and I dont handover my car for free pickup drop they provide.

Edit also check this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2346794
Read after post 33

This one on my feedback on 4th servicing
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2341939

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha1 (Post 2442755)
2. Spare parts charges are way too high (compared to the same ones available off line)

Shouldn't spares be priced similarly across all dealers in the same city?

Spares available offline - does Honda provide spares OTC (over-the-counter)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha1 (Post 2442755)
Bad experience with respect to?

I haven't had any bad experience as such with Deccan Honda till now except for:
1. vehicle pickup not on time

Probably your bad experience can help us be cautious.

Case 1: (25 k servicing)

The last time i had given my car for servicing I had also paid for the interiors and exteriors to be cleaned and polished by the 3M people. When I went to collect the car nothing had been cleaned and I was told that it had been done but got spoilt as the car was kept outside. I told them that I will not pay a dime as this is a stupid excuse(imagine the interiors getting spoilt as the glasses were rolled up!!). 3M guys said they had not received the service order and hence no work was done. Then the SA saod sir please go with the 3M guys and get the work done in front of you. I was like it is not my job and if it is not done I will escalate the matter to Mr. Salunke (Works Manager) and also to Honda. Finally since I had to get the work done i followed the 3M guys on the terrace where they do the work to supervise the cleaning. There these guys were nicely sitting inside a Civic listening to the radio with the AC on while it was getting polished using the machine (don't know what it is called) and saying how the customers are suckers and easy to rip all this was happening in Kannada. Little did they know that I know Kannada, they were shaken when I told them in Kannada that they better clean my car properly or I will escalate the matter and they will lose their job. My car was cleaned, vaccumed, polished and since I was a fellow Kannada guy polished the car tyres :) (scared I might complain). I did tell all this during the feedback call and got a call from the works manager begging for forgiveness and said I had won a gift (Honda pillows & a cake) in the lucky draw contest which would be hand delivered to my house.

Case 2: (30 k servicing)

I was facing a constant problem of the Horn not working properly and they had replaced the horn the last time under warranty but still the problem persisted, they said that Honda has a special apparatus which cuts off the supply to one horn if the horn is pressed for a long time to avoid electrical short circuit!! (Really???) Then I told the SA that I have a engineering degree in Electronics (Its Mech actually ;-)) and he should not give me that kind of a crap. He said he would confirm with the electrical expert. They said they will fix it. Till date it is not fixed and I am promised a Bosch horn on the house, with a changed horn position so that this problem will not occur. Also there was some noise coming from the tires even while braking on slow speeds, the SA tells me that the brake pads need to be replaced. I told him you guys have already done that during the last servicing without asking me and I had accepted (sadly I was not part of TBhp :Frustrati) I said dont bother i will see what to do about this noise. The problem was solved after wheel balancing and alignment from Darshan Tyres on FC road.

Again during the feedback I told them I was not happy and will write a mail to Honda stating that the SA are taking the Customers for a ride with ridiculous advise. They apologised for the blunder and offered me discount for the next servicing.

So guys now I guess the only option is Crystal Honda or else Riverside Honda, Kolhapur (Excellent Service and Customer care) from where I bought my car to get my servicing done.

Getting frustrated!!