Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2008, 00:11   #1

Dont trust Shaman Motors in Mumbai - Sold me a used car & stole parts during service!

Please don't trust Shaman ford Mumbai dealer. Instead of giving me a brand new car,they tried to pass a defective car with old torn seats as brand new. After rejecting the car and complaining to CC ford and the police, they replaced all the defective parts including the doors and seats and again passed the refurbished car as new. Having no absolute evidence I then looked at the engine which was found corroded, its is only then ford agreed to replace the car . This experience made me a little wise, so as to sign on many of the car components, but whats shocking is that, in just 18 months and after the last service they very blantantly took away many of my car parts some even with the signature on it, Ooh! even the car seats, and some plastics holding the coolant and the wiper solution and the central console along with the dash board to mention a few. Now before the 2yrs warranty is even over, I'm back with lodging a police FIR for criminal breach of trust .
I 'm able to nail the rouges because of my previous experience ,what about the many who dont even know if the car parts are swapped .
The dealer very often does not provide the battery number, the music system code ,nor the tyre number. These were given to us only on the replacement car and today it stenghtens our case. Donot bother about the serial code as, this will be cleverly removed and pasted on the swapped parts.
Old 20th September 2008, 00:36   #2
BHPian

what the hell is going on man.
those guys deserved to be punished in the court of law.
how can they take a customer for a ride.
what explanation did they have for the swapped parts?

Last edited by GTO : 20th September 2008 at 18:31. Reason: No inappropriate words please
Old 20th September 2008, 01:10   #3

Dont trust Shaman Ford mumbai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
what **** is going on man.
those guys deserved to be punished in the court of law.
how can they take a customer for a ride.
what explanation did they have for the swapped parts?
The service advisers were very co operative and helped to search my various signatures.After a whole day getting them to counter my claim as they failed to scrub away my signature with indelible ink or get information from the assembly line. I was asked to come the next day and meet their manager who according to them would resolve the issue, but he outright rejected the claim as an allegation and even went on to put a ink mark on the coolant bolt and claimed it was a company seal. All the same this company seal faded with a drop of water . It was then I went on to complain to the police .AT the police station he claimed that no serial nos were avaiable from the company as they had destroyed all the data .He had ultimately to agree that parts were swapped after providing the battery number and other evidences like somebody else's car RTO papers and a instrument near music system which was defective and tuned to many mumbai FM channels and AM , while I had the system tuned just two english channels in Goa.So far they are looking for loopholes.They cant agree lest it might open a can of worms.
Old 20th September 2008, 03:04   #4
BHPian

Similar incident was reported yesterday in Mumbai Mirror. in this case, it was Skoda Dealership Nummer Eins.

Mumbai News - Mumbai Mirror Online - Car is real, parts are not, CITY, Mumbai News, Mumbai newspaper,Current Affairs,Latest news,Mumbai Directory,City Portal,Mumbai,city,Bombay,destination,Web,Internet ,website,Capital of Maharashtra,Metropolis,Megapo
Old 20th September 2008, 08:57   #5
BHPian

A small suggestion...
After 1st incidence you can note down details like engine and chassis no etc. Any other no or mark that would be difficult or impossible to replace.
Take photos and videos as evidence.
If he tried to act too smart the 2nd time, you really can screw him. (Again photos and videos showing same number etc need to be taken.)
The court judgement will take time - lots of time, till then that guy would need to shell out lots of money to bribe so many agencies involved.
Also damaging the reputation in newspaper etc will ensure that that guy doesnt try to act too smart with other guys.
Old 20th September 2008, 23:55   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by subscrive View Post
A small suggestion...
After 1st incidence you can note down details like engine and chassis no etc. Any other no or mark that would be difficult or impossible to replace.
Take photos and videos as evidence.
If he tried to act too smart the 2nd time, you really can screw him. (Again photos and videos showing same number etc need to be taken.)
The court judgement will take time - lots of time, till then that guy would need to shell out lots of money to bribe so many agencies involved.
Also damaging the reputation in newspaper etc will ensure that that guy doesnt try to act too smart with other guys.
Ford is a responsive car, It recognises your every mood, it purrs as well as roars It is the those dealers that SPOIL the reputation . Test drive a ford and you'll surelly say oh great F. .ford but bad D... dealer.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Zaira D Gomes : 21st September 2008 at 00:14. Reason: Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited
Old 21st September 2008, 09:09   #7
BANNED

Ouch!
That really hurts to know.

We always knew that car dealers have joy when it comes to spares and parts. But to hear something so greedy (even after police incidents in the first place), is really annoying. Have a good legal advisor on your side and make sure you're compensated righteously.
Old 21st September 2008, 09:30   #8
Senior - BHPian

My suggestion is you already have lodged the police complaint. Lodge a consumer complaint also. Take the legal opinion and then proceed in this. We need to make them bend down to their knees and then have them to replace all the older parts and put the newer ones.

Similar incident has happened in one of the ford dealers in Bangalore. They took his car for a test drive and then banged the car on to a divider, replaced the parts and then tried to hand over the same car to the owner. This guy lodged a complaint with consumer forum and after the battle with the ford dealers, they replaced the car.
Old 22nd September 2008, 15:43   #9
BHPian

Guys,
Its getting worst day by day. By every means the Customer is cheated in India. I'm scared to give my vehicle for service. (its due for 2nd and I have booked a slot for Wed).
Can anyone tell me how to mark / sign the removable parts so that I can at least have an assurance that the parts seen outside has not got exchanged with someone else? Shall I use a permanent marker that we normally use to write on CDs? or any alternatives?
Old 22nd September 2008, 17:31   #10
BHPian

Same thing had happen to me In Wasan Ford Mumbai (ie 8 years back ) they stole my wipers(which coast around 900),and my oil filter assembly(which cost around 15K replace cig lighter with old one,Robbed my bumber lid which cost me Rs.1200. All this can to my notice when he told me to replace my oil filter assembly when i ask him to show me my oil filter assembly he showed me old one i disagreed with that and had majoy argument with the superviser who then call his boss (Name Babu) who ask them to replace it to my shock they actually replace oil filter and some other parts from other car next my mine in service station.When i refuse to take that replacement is person told me to accept it or i wouldnt get any claim as i dont have any Sr no on it to claim. I just drove away with my car. My personal exprience 'Never trust car authorise dealer'.What a S**T exprience

Most Viewed