Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2005, 22:56   #1
Senior - BHPian

Palio Fourth Service at Angad

Regular bhpians will know that I always have got my Palio S10 serviced at Anuroop. But, since the past few months, I have been really busy and hence the first paid service of my car kept getting delayed as I kept trying to find time to go to Anuroop. Ultimately, my car had done 25,993 kms when it should actually have been serviced at 22,500 kms!. Anyways, I decided to go to Angad on March 22.

To start off, I was at the center at 9.10 am and it was still being cleant and polished. The work hours begin at 9.30 i was told but i could wait at the reception. Luckily for me I was attended to in about 10 mins. Apart from regular service there wasn't any serious problems. The rear seat was rattling away.....thats it! Still I asked for de-carbonising and just for safety sake the car was to be hooked up for examiner testing.I was promised delivery at 5 pm. Taking a chance I called up at 4.30 and was told the car was ready.
All in all, a pleasent expereince again.
Angad i feel was slightly more expensive then Anuroop. Comparing the charges :
both charge Rs. 84 for Oil Filter.
Angad charged Rs. 109/ltr while Anuroop Rs. 110/ltr for Engine Oil.
Angad charged Rs. 125 as Consumables while Anuroop charged Rs. 90.
The total bill was for Rs. 3101 broken up as follows:
paid Service Rs. 500
Tyre Rotation Rs. 45
Setting of rear seat lock Rs. 45
10% discount on labour
Oil filter Rs. 84, Fuel filter Rs. 82, Air filter Rs. 222, engine oil Rs. 490.50 Consumables Rs. 125. De carbonising Rs. 1500. Rest were taxes for a total of Rs. 3101. I haven't done a paid service with Anuroop but I feel it would have been cheaper with them.
But the guys at Angad did a fantastic job. The car feels awesome to drive. The engine is super smooth and super refined. Pick up, which has always been good has become even sharper thanks to de-carbonising i guess. At the time of the first serivce i had ticked off Angad for returning the car to me in a dirty state. It didn't feel like it had been washed. This time there were no complaints. The car was shining away when i went to pick it up. I knew they had done a good job with the washing as even the tyres were as good as new! Bravo Angad! Keep it up!
So the fourth successive pleasent expereince with a Fiat dealer. No wonder I always wonder what poor After Sales Service people talk about! But yea, I must say that the car has never had any issues so far. Regular servicing is something every dealer does but the test comes at the time of a problem. So how good Anuroop or Angad are at problem identification and solving is something I don't know. 25,993 kms and what do i have to report as regards problems? NOTHING AT ALL! Not even a rattle or squeak from anywhere. Not even a fused bulb! The car feels as good, as new and as tight as it did on the first day. It just doesn't feel like it has seen 17 months and 25,993 kms of pathetic Indian roads. Fiat set out to make a car for third world countries and boy have they succeeded!
Old 23rd March 2005, 23:57   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey amit,
has your car ever faced a problem with the odo going off because that is the only problem i have faced so far.
My car has done 29Kkm on the odo but i think it is somewhere in the 32Kkm mark.
If you want bad A.S.S then go to shaman.
My car was cleaner when i sent it there.
When he went to pick it up, the car was lying open in a dusty serice centre with dust covering the interiors and body.
Took 4 hours to get it looking good again.
Old 24th March 2005, 00:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
has your car ever faced a problem with the odo going off because that is the only problem i have faced so far.
hey lambo....
It wasn't the odo but the trip meter of my car was malfunctioning from day one. If i had done 110 kms it would show 210kms! Someone else would have got all excited about the fantastic mileage he achieved from the Palio! I got the instrument cluster changed at Anuroop at about 17K odd kms. Never had a problem after that. I had made a mention of this trip meter problem in my review of the car too, if you remember.
Old 24th March 2005, 01:12   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

I remember reading it somewhere on this board but it gets a bit confusingb(lots of palio owners here.)
Sometimes, the fuel gauge, tacho and speedo all stop working.
How much did it cost to get repaired?
Old 24th March 2005, 07:37   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How much did it cost to get repaired?
My car was under warranty at that time so it was free. But the instrument cluster costs Rs. 8,490. I guess labour charges will be extra.
Old 24th March 2005, 10:19   #6
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Apart from regular service there wasn't any serious problems. The rear seat was rattling away.....thats it!
Quote:
I don't know. 25,993 kms and what do i have to report as regards problems? NOTHING AT ALL! Not even a rattle or squeak from anywhere.
Contradiction..isn't it ?
Old 25th March 2005, 00:08   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Contradiction..isn't it ?
The rear seat was rattling because the lock had gotten lose. A minor rattle from the rear seat lock isn't much to complain about isn't it?

Most Viewed