Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2008, 10:28   #1
gaurav.28ch

Reliable second hand car dealers - Delhi NCR

Hi

I have decided to purchase second hand Fiat Palio 1.2.
Since this is my first car purchase, I am really nervous about authentiity of dealers in Delhi NCR. Please suggest me trusted n reliable car dealers here.
This would really help.

Thanks
Gaurav

Old 24th September 2008, 12:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

Mate i would suggest you to try out at any certified used car outlets like Firstchoice.
if you dont find your car there then try out direct sellers from friday-sunday classifieds,even if that doesnt work then go to dealers...avoid karol bagh (they are the most crooked ones around),try some dealers in south delhi and ashoka vihar( i bought my car from ashoka vihar dealer , i m quite happy with it)....
Btw you can try out at patliputra automart certified cars in sector 5 ,noida..
be careful while looking out for cars( plz read how to buy used cars elsewhere on the forum)..
happy hunting best of luck
Old 24th September 2008, 12:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

Send a PM to Phamilyman - he's been scouting around the second hand car market & may be able to suggest a few dealers to you
Old 24th September 2008, 13:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

No Offence to any Dealer on the Forum, But,
"Reliable" and "Second hand car Dealer" dont go together!
You will have to make your own assesment of the car etc offered by Any Dealer before you Buy.
I have been buying from dealers for 35 years now, and they havent changed! I still keep going to them, since naturally second hand cars are cheaper than Brand New, and fall within my budget. Moreover not all imported cars are available brand new. Prefer as they call "capitalised cars"
Old 24th September 2008, 14:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

No no firstchoice junk man.

Just see Carwale and you will get junta. There are more than a couple Delhi cars (including one with CNG) for sale posted on PalioUsersIndia yahoogroup.

Have time with you - there's enough direct selling happening.
Old 24th September 2008, 14:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No no firstchoice junk man
couldnt get you mate?? why arent those vehicles good...bet they are better than dealer cars..though not similar to direct seller vehicles
Old 24th November 2008, 15:42   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
No no firstchoice junk man.

Just see Carwale and you will get junta. There are more than a couple Delhi cars (including one with CNG) for sale posted on PalioUsersIndia yahoogroup.

Have time with you - there's enough direct selling happening.
Even Carwale 80% are Dealers not direct customers. And due to recent fall in prices I would say second hand market still needs correction but dealers not letting this happen due to the purchase made at higher prices by them.
Old 12th October 2011, 13:24   #8

Re: Reliable second hand car dealers - Delhi NCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Mate i would suggest you to try out at any certified used car outlets like Firstchoice.
if you dont find your car there then try out direct sellers from friday-sunday classifieds,even if that doesnt work then go to dealers...avoid karol bagh (they are the most crooked ones around),try some dealers in south delhi and ashoka vihar( i bought my car from ashoka vihar dealer , i m quite happy with it)....
Btw you can try out at patliputra automart certified cars in sector 5 ,noida..
be careful while looking out for cars( plz read how to buy used cars elsewhere on the forum)..
happy hunting best of luck
Dear Sir, I am a freshman in Team-BHP community, I am scouting for a good Diesel Optra Magnum, however there isn't any with FirstChoice at present. Could you please let me know the names of the Ashok Vihar dealers or other reliable used car dealers you've mentioned in your post.
Many Thanks in advance
Old 12th October 2011, 20:14   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiteshAgnihotri View Post
Dear Sir, I am a freshman in Team-BHP community, I am scouting for a good Diesel Optra Magnum, however there isn't any with FirstChoice at present. Could you please let me know the names of the Ashok Vihar dealers or other reliable used car dealers you've mentioned in your post.
Many Thanks in advance
I am not an expert here but from a very bad experience one of my friend recently had, I won't recommend you to buy a used diesel car which wasn't quite successful. In your case that is Optra Magnum.

A good diesel car (used) is extremely difficult to find or else you should have a higher budget to buy newer models (2009,2010 etc). It's just my thought but I hope others can help you better.
Old 12th October 2011, 21:05   #10
BHPian

Excellent thread, i myself looking for second hand car. Would appreciate if somebody could suggest Good Car Dealer in Gurgaon.

I know for a fact as such there is no Good Car Dealer but atleast to certain extent good. Have tried Maruti True Value but its atleast 60-70K expensive then dealers.

Even first choice is not that reliable as most of them connects with local car dealers and they get cars from their. In other words one ends paying more comminsion.
Old 12th October 2011, 21:33   #11
Mik
BHPian

Please don't club firstchoice and true value together. FirstChoice is your local car dealer who just got a new board. True value is very costly but there is a decent chance that you will get a good car. For a second hand car, basics will never change. Do your own inspection, get the neighbourhood mech to do the same and then bargain hard.
Never trust anybody, not even true value. I know of a case in gurgaon where a true value outlet sold an accidental car to an unsuspecting customer.
Old 13th October 2011, 00:15   #12
BHPian

Try to go for direct sellers. But its hard to find them.

Just be certain that 99% of the cars available on sale in the used car market have their odo clocked back. You will notice that most cars of all shapes, years and segments have done around 50k km

And do get the car checked at the official dealership before doing the purchase. Also do not forget to go through this article: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...car-india.html

Cheers!
Old 13th October 2011, 12:03   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gears2go View Post
I am not an expert here but from a very bad experience one of my friend recently had, I won't recommend you to buy a used diesel car which wasn't quite successful. In your case that is Optra Magnum.

A good diesel car (used) is extremely difficult to find or else you should have a higher budget to buy newer models (2009,2010 etc). It's just my thought but I hope others can help you better.
I am actually looking for a car of 2008-09 make only, certainly not older, and thanks to multiple usage reviews about the Diesel Magnum, I am completely in love with the car. I want to reap benefit of the drop in value after 2-2.5 years of original purchase, certainly i am being over ambitious here, but that's the reason why I am here in this mighty forum
Old 14th October 2011, 13:02   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Many Thanks in advance
Hi Ritesh..i would suggest to look for direct sellers. No used car dealers are reliable.
Old 14th October 2011, 13:07   #15
Team-BHP Support

Ritesh: Have you checked out carwale / tbhp classifieds ?

Used Cars - Search used cars available for sale in India - CarWale

Most Viewed