Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2008, 00:10   #1
BHPian

i10 1.2 Kappa First Service at 1260 Kms @ Deep Hyundai

Hi guys, I visited the service centre Deep hyundai, peeragarhi, for first free service of my 1 month old i10 Kappa.

The guys had been familiar due to visits with my Sold Santro LP and existing Xing.

I asked about the list of maintenance activities that shall be performed and was shattered to know that only checkup, washing is done in this service. I demanded oil change and the advisor insisted that this is not required right now at least till second service @10000 kms. I insisted and said that I will bear the charges, he said ok i will see. Alongwith that I ordered teflon and underbody antirust, number etching on glass. he gave an estimate of 5500.

In afternoon the advisor again called up and said everything is done, please oil change is not required, I said "Sir, Please do it" and he said ok.

I went to take my car in the evening, the advisor said, the oil change was not required, the oil drained was as good as new, please arrange for the gate pass.

I cleared the payment and then went to the advisor and explained that I wanted to open up the engine a little bit now so I had asked for the oil change. He agreed that new engine releases metal particles into oil but is good till 10,000. he said please go by the manufacturers schedule and after third service use castrol magnatec.

I fired the engine and it took less than a second to come to life, earlier it used to take longer selfs. The clutch was adjusted, earlier slight release of pedal made the car move, now it is depressed almost half way to engage.

On the road: earlier third gear was dead below speeds of 30, and now i exprimented third and fourth gears at speed of 15 and engine still showed life. pickup has improved tried 0-100 and enjoyed it. gear shift now feels smoother.

Overall I am very happy after the service and I dont think I will wait till 10000kms for 2nd service, I will get it done at 5000 at my expense.
Old 29th September 2008, 15:24   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishraak View Post
Hi guys, I visited the service centre Deep hyundai, peeragarhi, for first free service of my 1 month old i10 Kappa.

The guys had been familiar due to visits with my Sold Santro LP and existing Xing.

I asked about the list of maintenance activities that shall be performed and was shattered to know that only checkup, washing is done in this service. I demanded oil change and the advisor insisted that this is not required right now at least till second service @10000 kms. I insisted and said that I will bear the charges, he said ok i will see. Alongwith that I ordered teflon and underbody antirust, number etching on glass. he gave an estimate of 5500.

In afternoon the advisor again called up and said everything is done, please oil change is not required, I said "Sir, Please do it" and he said ok.

I went to take my car in the evening, the advisor said, the oil change was not required, the oil drained was as good as new, please arrange for the gate pass.

I cleared the payment and then went to the advisor and explained that I wanted to open up the engine a little bit now so I had asked for the oil change. He agreed that new engine releases metal particles into oil but is good till 10,000. he said please go by the manufacturers schedule and after third service use castrol magnatec.

I fired the engine and it took less than a second to come to life, earlier it used to take longer selfs. The clutch was adjusted, earlier slight release of pedal made the car move, now it is depressed almost half way to engage.

On the road: earlier third gear was dead below speeds of 30, and now i exprimented third and fourth gears at speed of 15 and engine still showed life. pickup has improved tried 0-100 and enjoyed it. gear shift now feels smoother.

Overall I am very happy after the service and I dont think I will wait till 10000kms for 2nd service, I will get it done at 5000 at my expense.

Mishrak you can get the second service done earlier , but again as the advisor said that it is always good to stick to the company schedule. What I mean is that instead of waiting for 10k kms you can get it done at 8k or 9k but don't you think 5k will be a bit too soon ? Moreover you anyways have done an oil change after 1k , So 8k/9k kms would be just right in case you dont want to wait for 10k kms on the odo ! Again this is just a suggestion.
Old 15th November 2008, 16:44   #3

Oh, teflon coat and and anti rust treatment together costed 5.5k only.
Old 15th November 2008, 17:58   #4
BHPian

Nice brief review.

BTW, what FE have you been getting ?

Quote:

Old 15th November 2008, 18:20   #5
BHPian

very nice review, please post some pics of the car
Old 12th February 2009, 18:03   #6
BHPian

Quote:
----

Hi - have you got the second service done? if so pls let me know what are the points to be considered. Right now am getting a mileage of 12-13 on my i10 1.2 in city and around 16 on highways. Would appreciate any inptus from your end on this.

I also have upgraded to alloys and wider tires.
Old 17th February 2009, 10:43   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Hi - have you got the second service done? if so pls let me know what are the points to be considered. Right now am getting a mileage of 12-13 on my i10 1.2 in city and around 16 on highways. Would appreciate any inptus from your end on this.

I also have upgraded to alloys and wider tires.
Sorry for the late reply. I haven't got the second service done, plan to get it done this weekend. Points to be kept in mind:
1) Oil change
2) Adjustment of clutch
3) Cleaning of brakes
4) all fluids top up

and other things that are in the service schedule.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks