Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2008, 13:22   #1

Issue with tata/safari, fortune motors, powai

hey guys

so heres the story

a couple of years ago i bought a tata safari from fortune motors powai. at that time we paid them 10 grand extra to get the extended warranty .

now after a few years there have been a few issues with the car so we took it back to them . they fixed it up and sent us a bill (the car is still there). almost everthing in the bill was supposed to be fixed under the extended warranty. but the guy now says that there is no extended warranty on the car. he pulled out the paper work from a couple of years ago and you can see that there is an excess payment for the extended warranty. he didnt mention anything at the time about the excess payment .

so what do you guys think i should do now. hes made a bill for about 80 grand that i really shouldnt have to pay.

anyone i can talk to that would be above him in tata??

any contacts or sugesstions would be appreciated
Old 3rd October 2008, 14:53   #2

just get in touch with the Tata motors area ofice in Mumbai....if the paperwork clearly mentions the excess amount then it should not be an issue at all.
Old 3rd October 2008, 15:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

I would go all out, I have heard promoters are cheats...swindlers. Go to the top at Tata so everyone alligns and cooperates by the time it comes to region level they are **** scared on topbrass
Old 3rd October 2008, 15:48   #4
Senior - BHPian

Dont you have any document with you for the extended warranty?
Old 4th October 2008, 08:40   #5

i beleived it was only a simple stamp at the time . but the paperwork clearly shows an excess payment of 10 grand.

anyone have any contacts of the region manager etc??

Cheers!
Old 17th November 2009, 13:11   #6
BHPian

dude just complain about it to the head office,they sort out fast.I had a problem due to late delivery of my car from the specific time got a nice discount from them as a counter offer.
Old 17th November 2009, 17:33   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Csgup,

Your thread opening post is too vague for us to have a focused discussion. Do provide the following details so that we can offer you an informed opinion:

1. What year did you buy your Safari?

2. How many kms covered?

3. Whose name did you make the warranty payment in?

4. Do you have an extended warranty booklet (Tata gave me one for my Indigo)?

5. Do you have any document that states you have bought extended warranty?

6. What are the exact parts that have failed? What is the exact repair work that has been carried out?

Quote:
he pulled out the paper work from a couple of years ago and you can see that there is an excess payment for the extended warranty.
Meaning? I'm under the impression that you have paid 10,000 as "excess payment" for the extended warranty. What exactly does the paper work? Exact phrase?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks