Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2008, 11:09   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Just one small idea from me: get the damage inspected by an independent engineer before and after repair.

Often such damage is a lot worse than it looks, because bumper etc can be pushed in and spring out again. There may be damage which is not obvious.

Whilst it is in their interest to repair for you, it is also in their interest to spend as little money as possible.
Old 8th October 2008, 14:38   #92
BHPian

Hi Dippy
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate incident. I tend to concur with the fellow bhpians about this not being a story as it's being made to appear.
Here's how a car would look when you mow it into a mini-truck
Linkway Honda Mumbai crashes my car EDIT: Another similar incident pg9!-24032007064.jpg

The damage to the santro is similar to that of your car except the damange to the windshield Suggest that you take a legal opinion. The dealer just cannot wash his hands off by "repairing" the damage & handing you a replacement car for the time being.

Just my 2 cents

Good luck
M2S
Old 8th October 2008, 15:00   #93
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Most definitely not what your dealer claims!

Sorry to hear about this unfortunate incident to your Honda. Its definitely not what the dealer claims. Ask him to introduce you to the owner of the Accord to prove his claim.

Like the others have said, this damage looks like one that was caused by rearending a much bigger vehicle (truck/bus) and most definitely not a Honda Accord like he claims.

Most inportantly, do not claim insurance on this and loose out on your NCB. If possible spend time in the garage whilst they are replacing the damaged parts of the car and ensure that they put in genuine parts and not old ones which they are quite capable of doing if they are not going to get paid for the job.

Do keep us updated on how this work progresses and post photos if possible.

Cheers,

Pritish
Old 8th October 2008, 16:13   #94
Senior - BHPian

Commiserations Dippy. That looks terrible - I know how it feels when your well maintained car gets damaged for no fault of yours. Good thing is dealer willing to repair including replace the parts involved.
BTW, did they tow the car on 4 wheels or with front 2 wheels lifted ? If its the latter, you should check the cross-member - this can be bent and needing replacement as well!

Hope you get the car back as original soon!
Old 9th October 2008, 00:32   #95
BHPian

Dippy doesn't look like an in service aacord crash to me. If anything in service, it looks like it was rammed against a service lift at halfway! left side bearing the brunt of the impact. Might have occured at very low speed as well.
Old 9th October 2008, 11:38   #96
BHPian

I hope u have the car back as early as possible and up to your standards. Also check the windshield as it may not have a crack now but its a possibility that you may see one half way through the repairs.
Old 9th October 2008, 18:52   #97
BHPian

Thats really sad to see.
Anyways if you are accepting the spair car, make sure that it is registered in the Dealers name only and has got all docs clear. Otherwise you will endup in big trouble
Old 9th October 2008, 19:16   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Often such damage is a lot worse than it looks, because bumper etc can be pushed in and spring out again. There may be damage which is not obvious.
Hi Dippy, I can vouch for this suggestion from Thad. Last year I had something similar happen to my car - i couldn't stop fast enough behind a fast-stopping Scorpio & rear-ended him at speed ! As can be seen, my O2 sensor was knocked back but nobody caught it during the damage assessment inspection (depending on the car, these things can be pretty expensive) ! It was only after delivery that I caught it...

Linkway Honda Mumbai crashes my car EDIT: Another similar incident pg9!-bento2sensor.jpg

It's best to have an independent inspection carried out so that you can ensure that at least all the expensive stuff is where it's supposed to be !

Last edited by im_srini : 9th October 2008 at 19:17.
Old 11th October 2008, 22:44   #99
BHPian

dear friend,
saw the pictures...it is not an accident with an accord...it is a tempo or a dumper truck...no ways the accord can give such a sharp dent...it must have happened maybe because of the guy in front applying brakes and the guy driving your car not realising..and my bet is on this accident happening in the aarey colony area...where they take the cars for TD. it may be a mistake but if they are trying to cover up...insist on getting all the replaced parts displayed in front of you...escalate this matter to the workshop manager at chandivali or to their general manager at chandivali not goregaon....
in case they give evasive replies escalate to honda regional office...the address/contact number is on the honda website.
however i think if you maintain a non abusive attitude...linkway will get all of the damage repaired properly...they are quite good as compared to other honda dealers in mumbai....
one unrelated thing...could not resist...sorry...ichibaan honda website is still up...hehehe
Ichibaan Honda :: Mumbai's largest and India's Best Honda Car Dealer - Honda City, Civic, Accord,CRV

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Aditya : 13th October 2008 at 19:57.
Old 12th October 2008, 23:37   #100
BHPian

Hyundai Motor Plaza dents my Verna

Hey guys... Hyundai Motor Plaza Delhi (the company owned workshop) dented my Verna at multiple locations while the car was with them.

More here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...new-verna.html

On topic:
Hi Dippy,

This is a major crash. Seems like a tempo truck that the guy went under.

One thing you must keep in mind. The car is in your name, and in the case this is a street accident and not in the workshop, you need to ensure you don't face any chaos.

You must get these snaps endorsed by the police as well as the Honda guys to take the entire blame of the said accident on the time, date and location.

All the best!
Old 13th October 2008, 10:11   #101
Senior - BHPian

Any updates Dippy !!
Old 14th October 2008, 12:35   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Any updates Dippy !!
A of now the car is in its completion stages. As mentioned earlier by im srini, the O2 sensor has gone kaput. Got a call from Linkway telling me about it and that they were replacing it with a new O2 sensor. I'm guessing that is a good thing because as far as I remember the O2 sensor gives up at around 65 to 70k kms and is quite pricey if I'm not wrong.

More later.
Old 14th October 2008, 13:34   #103
Senior - BHPian

Ya its good that you are getting it changed but since you will not/ should not be using the insurance they might try and put in the local o2 sensor which may not last long anyways. It will be great if you can ask them to give you a copy of the consolidated invoice indicating the unique part numbers of all the parts installed. This will assure you that the parts installed have been arranged for from a reliable source.

Any updates from the accord owner? Did you get a chance to speak to him offline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
A of now the car is in its completion stages. As mentioned earlier by im srini, the O2 sensor has gone kaput. Got a call from Linkway telling me about it and that they were replacing it with a new O2 sensor. I'm guessing that is a good thing because as far as I remember the O2 sensor gives up at around 65 to 70k kms and is quite pricey if I'm not wrong.

More later.
Old 14th October 2008, 14:34   #104
Senior - BHPian

Jeez, don't know how I missed this thread! Terribly sorry to see & read about the damage to your car Dippy.

Just to echo the thoughts of others -
  • That looks like it rear ended a mini truck at high speed
  • As GTO mentioned, probably caused by driver's unfamiliarity with AT
  • Do make it a point to meet up with the Accord owner - who knows, there may be a different story with that one!
Good luck & do keep us updated.
Old 18th October 2008, 16:03   #105
Senior - BHPian

Finally after a week and a half I finally brought my beloved car home this afternoon. They seem to have done a good job with the whole thing replacing everything that had got damaged. They handed me me a copy of the invoice from Honda where all replaced parts have been mentioned. Will try to scan and put it up here. Will also take some pictures and put them up by tomorrow.

Thank you everyone for their support during this bad phase. I really appreciate it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks